The Beatles Are Back - New EP for the world's greatest band. Release date: January 27, 2013 | Page 3 | Pimp your stuff | Fab forum

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
The Beatles Are Back - New EP for the world's greatest band. Release date: January 27, 2013
3 February 2013
4.26pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1732

unknown said

sky090909 said

VBeat said
I think that if Rock'n'Roll arrived today you would be the ones calling it "noise", right?

Depends if the "noise" is good or not.

You probably know what early rock and roll is, so it really doesn't depend, I don't think.ahdn_paul_01

true

However, if rock'n'roll formed today would have been different?

3 February 2013
4.33pm
unknown
ay, qué pesado
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1215

sky090909 said

unknown said

sky090909 said

VBeat said
I think that if Rock'n'Roll arrived today you would be the ones calling it "noise", right?

You probably know what early rock and roll is, so it really doesn't depend, I don't think.ahdn_paul_01

true

If it arrived today, then we wouldn't have had any Beatles, or most bands today, so I don't know. I took it as she was saying we would be the ones back then who hated rock and roll, and didn't mean today as literally today, more like if we were living back then.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
3 February 2013
4.43pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 7161

unknown said

sky090909 said

unknown said

sky090909 said

VBeat said

true

If it arrived today, then we wouldn't have had any Beatles, or most bands today, so I don't know. I took it as she was saying we would be the ones back then who hated rock and roll, and didn't mean today as literally today, more like if we were living back then.

Thats how i took it but im bored by the original poster having a go at us all for not liking what she put up. Big whoop. More acting like a 5 year old going into a strop for their parents not jumping about at their latest picture. 

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
3 February 2013
4.47pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

unknown said

sky090909 said

unknown said

sky090909 said

VBeat said

true

I kind of took it both cause I don't know what she really meant. Sorry, my brain is confusing.lol

7 February 2013
1.42am
VBeat
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 7

Hello everybody! This is the new Classic Mix. What do you think of it?

http://youtu.be/4VSx83DFiTo

7 February 2013
9.18am
Ron Nasty
Floating downstream in the suburbs...
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2517

Hi, Vanessa, how are you? Hope you're enjoying The Beatles Bible. Well, the "Classic" isn't bad. There's a nice crispness to the percussion. And none of that silliness. Not good enough to buy, and it does come with a bunch of abominations, but hey! – you've got to be admired for your sheer tenacity and refusal to give up.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
7 February 2013
11.40am
VBeat
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 7

Hi Mja! I'm good, thankyou. And you? I'm a superfan of the Beatles so they actually "are" the Bible for me… :-) I'm happy you quite like the "Classic" version. This is more in the style of the Elvis Presley remixes that Spankox produced lately, more lets say close to the originals. Have you heard any of them?

7 February 2013
5.26pm
Inner Light
Friar Park
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 461

Is this an 'official' EMI release? and if so, who produced it. If it's just someone who do to public domain decided to take the song and do their own remixing, then I'm not interested. I check the Beatles website and it doesn't look like an official release.

The further one travels, the less one knows
20 May 2013
3.25am
WilliamCampbell
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 1

Inner Light said
Is this an 'official' EMI release? and if so, who produced it. If it's just someone who do to public domain decided to take the song and do their own remixing, then I'm not interested. I check the Beatles website and it doesn't look like an official release.

No, it's not official.  It's a horrible fan re-mix.  There are full reviews earlier in this thread.  I like to give stuff a shot even if the reviews are terrible… huge mistake.  I wish I could unlisten to these remixes.

20 May 2013
3.31am
SatanHimself
Hades-on-Leith
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 699

Welcome, new guy!

I love the fact that your first post is hating on this horrible monstrosity.  Well done.

E is for 'Ergent'.
20 May 2013
4.30am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

I thought this thread faded into the darkness of hell.

Anyways, welcome new guy!

21 May 2013
5.05pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1813

Aw c'mon, this is the first time I've encountered this thread and I'm finding it hilarious! I do like VBeat's never-say-die chutzpah: "Have a listen! Care to buy it? Can't stand the free bit you heard? Try paying the whole thing, then you'll like it! Still don't want it? You must be old and ready for retirement. 2000 dancing Frenchmen can't be wrong! Still don't care? OK, I guess if you still don't care, then…here's a new Classic mix!"

Wonderful stuff, especially the apparent oxymoron "new classic"!

Hello William Campbell, welcome!

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
21 May 2013
5.10pm
SatanHimself
Hades-on-Leith
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 699

I never thought I'd say this, but "Thank god for lawyers".

It looks like EMI caught wind (a foul stench) of this crass piece of slop.

Now all we can do with this thread is remember how awful it was…

E is for 'Ergent'.
21 May 2013
5.18pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1813

Oh damn, now I may never get the chance to pay money to hear several extended dance mixes of one of my least-favourite Beatles songs… :(

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
21 May 2013
5.39pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1313

SatanHimself said
Welcome, new guy!

I love the fact that your first post is hating on this horrible monstrosity.  Well done.

:lol:

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @blackbookblur

21 May 2013
5.40pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1313

SatanHimself said
I never thought I'd say this, but "Thank god for lawyers".

It looks like EMI caught wind (a foul stench) of this crass piece of slop.

Now all we can do with this thread is remember how awful it was…

Do you have a link for that? I'd love to read about EMI's lawyers attack on this ghastly atrocity committed in the name of Beatles music!

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @blackbookblur

22 May 2013
1.16pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 7161

Apple sue most folk who try and rip them off as thats what they do.

Is there anyway i get back the 3 minutes i spent listening to those remixes, eliminate the memories of having to listen to them or even see the terrible video that went with it, or the time spent on this threat?

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
22 May 2013
1.34pm
unknown
ay, qué pesado
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1215

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Yeah, eat an apple. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
22 May 2013
3.26pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1469

Von Bontee said
Oh damn, now I may never get the chance to pay money to hear several extended dance mixes of one of my least-favourite Beatles songs… :(

I know, sad isn't it :(

I completely forgot about this thread so I came here but then I remembered.paul-mccartney

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: IveJustSeenAFaceo, primadonna paul
50 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today None
Upcoming Ahhh Girl

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 7161

mr. Sun king coming together: 6972

mithveaen: 4678

parlance: 3632

MeanMrsMustard: 2803

Ron Nasty: 2517

skye: 2295

IveJustSeenAFaceo: 1906

LongHairedLady: 1891

Von Bontee: 1813

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2332

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 33

Topics: 3059

Newest Members: ChristianCorl, primadonna paul, Simple Press, Kattatude, El Dorado

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (3317), fabfouremily (2941), Zig (3294), Joe (3205), Ellie (1)

Administrators: Joe (3205)