The band playing with Paul on Good Evening New York City | Paul McCartney | Fab forum

Please consider registering
Guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

  
 

— Match —

   

— Forum Options —

   

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The band playing with Paul on Good Evening New York City
26 July 2010
11.45am
JoB
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 275
Member Since:
21 May 2010
Offline

Hey, I was wondering the other day when I was listening to Good Evening New York City, about the band that he plays with. Do they have a name? Do they play with Paul on other albums? I asked a couple of people (well, one, and he didn't know), and searched it on the internet, but I couldn't really find anything.

Thanks!

I'd like to be, under the sea, in an octopus's garden, with you.
26 July 2010
1.52pm
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2286
Member Since:
13 November 2009
Offline

Here you go: Paul McCartney’s longtime guitarist talks about his own music and what it’s like to play with the superstar. No doubt there's more, but this is what I've seen recently.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
26 July 2010
4.10pm
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1104
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline

paulsbass said:

No, they don't have a name. They're just session musicians that play with Macca for 9 years now. However, he said that they kind of "feel like a band" after all this time.

Keyboarder "Wix" Wickens has been with Paul since the end of the 80s and was part of his live band in the 90s.

Drummer Abe Laboriel jr. is the son of famous bass player Abe Laboriel and played on many well known albums, e.g. Vanessa Carlton.

Rusty Anderson is another well known session musician (e.g. "What you're waiting for" Gwen Stefani).

I can never remember the other guitarist/bass player's name and I haven't heard of sessions he took part in. It's Brian Ray. Just googled it, which is always useful.

 

I think it's a cool  line-up, and while I digged his 90s band with Linda, Robbie McIntosh, Hamish Stuart, Wix and Chris Whitten I have to admit it was a smart move for a 60year old to surround himself with some young fellas.

 

Apart from backing Paul's live act the boys play on his "Driving rain" album and parts of "Chaos and creation in the backyard" and "Memory almost full".


Wasn't Abe Laboriel jr. the drummer for Eric Clapton?
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
26 July 2010
5.25pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 4735
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline

MrBig said:

Wasn't Abe Laboriel jr. the drummer for Eric Clapton?


Looks like he may have been at one time...

http://www.drummerworld.com/dr....._jr.html 

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

27 July 2010
7.49am
JoB
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 275
Member Since:
21 May 2010
Offline

Awesome, thanks all!

I'd like to be, under the sea, in an octopus's garden, with you.
27 July 2010
4.12pm
The CREeK
A Small Town 22 Miles South of Oregon
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 109
Member Since:
18 April 2010
Offline

Which guitarist is whach? Which one has blonde hair and which one has brown hair?

27 July 2010
7.41pm
A Fiendish Thingy
By the banks of her own lagoon
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 377
Member Since:
27 March 2010
Offline

The one with brown hair is Rusty Anderson. The blonde one is... the other guy. a-hard-days-night-paul-11

I'm in love, but I'm lazy.
27 July 2010
7.56pm
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1104
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline

A Fiendish Thingy said:

The one with brown hair is Rusty Anderson. The blonde one is... the other guy. a-hard-days-night-paul-11


My girlfriend likes the bassist a-hard-days-night-paul-6
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
28 July 2010
12.57am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4646
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

MrBig said:

A Fiendish Thingy said:

The one with brown hair is Rusty Anderson. The blonde one is... the other guy. a-hard-days-night-paul-11


My girlfriend likes the bassist a-hard-days-night-paul-6
 

 

Actually Rusty is handsome.... eye candy a-hard-days-night-george-4

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
29 July 2010
2.27pm
Happy Nat
USA
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 166
Member Since:
27 April 2010
Offline
10

Both Brian and Rusty are musicians in their own right and have solo material that is well worth checking out and I suppose most informed McCartney fans already have since they have been in his band for over a decade now.

Brian Ray: Mondo Magneto (first CD out a couple years ago) and his upcoming CD This Way Up has a single already called I Found You. He's not just "the other guy". If the new CD is as good as Mondo, I will be happy.

Rusty Anderson put out Undressing Underwater in 2003 and then re-released it in 2005. It has a song called Hurt Myself that Paul plays on with him. His newest CD out last year really rocks. It's called Born On Earth.

I really enjoyed seeing these guys Monday playing with Paul in Nashville. What a fantastic show!

Bringing you the best and worst of The Beatles, since 2007.
30 July 2010
7.22pm
A Fiendish Thingy
By the banks of her own lagoon
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 377
Member Since:
27 March 2010
Offline
11

I bought one of Rusty's CDs at the Paul concert just because I saw that the box was full and I felt bad for him. Guess I'll have to check it out now... a-hard-days-night-paul-11

I'm in love, but I'm lazy.
30 July 2010
7.34pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 4735
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline
12

A Fiendish Thingy said:

I bought one of Rusty's CDs at the Paul concert just because I saw that the box was full and I felt bad for him. Guess I'll have to check it out now... a-hard-days-night-paul-11


Sounds like you have a warm heart! 

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

30 July 2010
7.51pm
A Fiendish Thingy
By the banks of her own lagoon
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 377
Member Since:
27 March 2010
Offline
13

Zig said:

A Fiendish Thingy said:

I bought one of Rusty's CDs at the Paul concert just because I saw that the box was full and I felt bad for him. Guess I'll have to check it out now... a-hard-days-night-paul-11


Sounds like you have a warm heart!
 

 

I do. I really do. a-hard-days-night-john-6 ;)

I'm in love, but I'm lazy.
31 July 2010
8.34pm
Happy Nat
USA
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 166
Member Since:
27 April 2010
Offline
14

A Fiendish Thingy said:

I bought one of Rusty's CDs at the Paul concert just because I saw that the box was full and I felt bad for him. Guess I'll have to check it out now... a-hard-days-night-paul-11


 

Good for you AFT! Hope you like it. It's not going to be a million seller or anyhting but hey...it's good music (I think the second CD, Born On Earth, is better than the first, personally).

Bringing you the best and worst of The Beatles, since 2007.
1 August 2010
1.35am
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1104
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline
15

A Fiendish Thingy said:

Zig said:

A Fiendish Thingy said:

I bought one of Rusty's CDs at the Paul concert just because I saw that the box was full and I felt bad for him. Guess I'll have to check it out now... a-hard-days-night-paul-11


Sounds like you have a warm heart!

 


 

I do. I really do. a-hard-days-night-john-6 ;)


Deep deep down a-hard-days-night-john-1
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
1 August 2010
9.28pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 3609
Member Since:
31 March 2008
Offline
16

I think Rusty Anderson did the twangy guitar bits on Livin' La Vida Loca, that Ricky Martin song. He also did You Get What You Give by New Radicals. Both pretty distinctive guitar parts.

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

19 September 2010
7.34pm
Happy Nat
USA
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 166
Member Since:
27 April 2010
Offline
17

Happy Nat said:

Both Brian and Rusty are musicians in their own right and have solo material that is well worth checking out and I suppose most informed McCartney fans already have since they have been in his band for over a decade now.

Brian Ray: Mondo Magneto (first CD out a couple years ago) and his upcoming CD This Way Up has a single already called I Found You. He's not just "the other guy". If the new CD is as good as Mondo, I will be happy.

Rusty Anderson put out Undressing Underwater in 2003 and then re-released it in 2005. It has a song called Hurt Myself that Paul plays on with him. His newest CD out last year really rocks. It's called Born On Earth.

I really enjoyed seeing these guys Monday playing with Paul in Nashville. What a fantastic show!


I had an interview for Fab 4 Radio/TheBeatlesRarity.com with Brian Ray here. He was great to talk to and has had a long interesting career in the music business.
Bringing you the best and worst of The Beatles, since 2007.
19 September 2010
9.49pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4646
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline
18

I'm checking the interview... btw welcome back Happy Nat!!! a-hard-days-night-george-8

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
19 September 2010
10.38pm
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1104
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline
19

Joe said:

I think Rusty Anderson did the twangy guitar bits on Livin' La Vida Loca, that Ricky Martin song. He also did You Get What You Give by New Radicals. Both pretty distinctive guitar parts.


I was just listening to that song "You Get What You Give". Didn't know he played guitar on that.
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
20 September 2010
7.30pm
Happy Nat
USA
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 166
Member Since:
27 April 2010
Offline
20

mithveaen said:

I'm checking the interview... btw welcome back Happy Nat!!! a-hard-days-night-george-8


Thanks much mith, been rather busy lately over in my own corner of the web...so I haven't gotten over here as often as before.
Bringing you the best and worst of The Beatles, since 2007.
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: LongHairedLady, The John
50 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 11031

mr. Sun king coming together: 6872

Ahhh Girl: 5976

parlance: 5774

Annadog40: 5241

Mr. Kite: 4796

Zig: 4735

mithveaen: 4646

Ron Nasty: 3349

fabfouremily: 2951

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2774

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3200

Posts: 145052

Newest Members: ILikeYouTooMuch, The Joker, Eric

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5976, meanmistermustard: 11031, Zig: 4735, Joe: 3609

Administrators: Joe: 3609, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None