Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Sir Paul to end London 2012 opening ceremony
6 June 2012
11.13am
atlesbe
The Jacaranda
Members
Forum Posts: 27
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sir Paul McCartney has confirmed he will end the opening ceremony of the London Olympic Games on July 27.

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live he said “I’ve been booked,” and added that he would be “closing the opening”.

More info…   http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18329666

Really a great news !! anyway,  I think most of us foresaw.

P.d.sorry for my english 😛

19 June 2012
12.04pm
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1102

I read a lovely article about it here yesterday, saying why he’s the perfect choice to represent Britain. I’m definitely excited, although the rest of the opening ceremony sounds a bit naff.

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

19 June 2012
4.09pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929

Oh no! I’m away on that day so I’ll miss it 🙁

I can’t think of a better man (or woman) for the job, I’m sure he’ll be great.a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

3 July 2012
1.19pm
atlesbe
The Jacaranda
Members

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new…..ds-newsxml

All together now… naaaa nana nanana, nanana naaaaa Hey Jude !!
Maybe a simple song for someone, but i love it !!

3 July 2012
4.03pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Uhhh, Paul didnt take up my Mary Had A Little Lamb suggestion.blue-meaniea-hard-days-night-paul-11

Hey Jude is the obvious choice, a song that everyone there will know and can join in with, cant really complain. Does Paul only get 1 song then or will there be a small set? If so hopefully this means Paul wont sing any of the 5 at the Jubilee concert. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

4 July 2012
1.51am
Long John Silver
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 364

atlesbe said

What’s with all the negative comments?

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.

4 July 2012
5.40am
kedame
Miles above you
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 522

There are always negative commennts about Paul on British news sites like the Daily Mail and The Gauardian. They tore him apart after the Jubilee, along with Elton and Cliff Richard. They seem to reserve a special kind of vile for Paul, though. They seem to hate him, which is disheartening for a huge fan. That’s one reason I get offended so easily when it comes to Paul. I have to put up with shut like from people who don’t acknowledge anything he’s ever done.

"You can manicure a cat but can you caticure a man?"

John Lennon- Skywriting by Word of Mouth

4 July 2012
9.37am
atlesbe
The Jacaranda
Members

Long John Silver said

atlesbe said

What’s with all the negative comments?

Honestly, i don´t undestand why some people hate Macca…

the best musical talent in much the story, one of the best voices of all time, a man who at age 70, still has energy and illusion to get on a stage…

Take a piano, play F, C ,C7….F and the rest chords .Maybe simple, but THIS IS GREAT !!!

4 July 2012
1.19pm
Long John Silver
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 364

kedame said
There are always negative commennts about Paul on British news sites like the Daily Mail and The Gauardian. They tore him apart after the Jubilee, along with Elton and Cliff Richard. They seem to reserve a special kind of vile for Paul, though. They seem to hate him, which is disheartening for a huge fan. That’s one reason I get offended so easily when it comes to Paul. I have to put up with shut like from people who don’t acknowledge anything he’s ever done.

I didn’t know about that. He wasn’t at his best at Jubilee, he can’t have the same voice he had 40 years ago, but UK most known group ever was The Beatles so I don’t think this decision should be considered a surprise.

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.

4 July 2012
4.41pm
Into the Sky with Diamonds
New York
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1979

I heard he’ll actually be doing the Opening ceremonies. (He was asked to do both)

"Into the Sky with Diamonds" (the Beatles and the Race to the Moon – a history)

6 July 2012
2.57am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402

kedame said

Kedame – if you find these people’s opinions towards useless/ignorant/annoying, consider them useless/ignorant/annoying, and ignore them. Only give credence to the opinions of people you trust. Works well for me.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

27 July 2012
9.03pm
atlesbe
The Jacaranda
Members

Eyy guys, Anyone know about what time will sing Paul McCartney ?

28 July 2012
1.24am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Well he sang Hey Jude at around 12:40am on the Saturday morning. It was the obvious choice since the words are known throughout the world, its very easy to sing, and the crowd can be a part of it. And it had to be closed by Paul, who else in British music has that much history?

What were folks thoughts on Paul and the ceremony itself? I didnt see most of it, just the end, but the fireworks were cool.  

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

28 July 2012
1.39am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141

The ceremony itself had too much going on, and I was just really confused by it all.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

28 July 2012
2.07am
FlyOn13
New Jersey, USA
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 198

unknown said

The ceremony itself had too much going on, and I was just really confused by it all.

Same here. I was sorta happy in the middle of the first thing when all the guys came out in the Sgt. Pepper uniforms, but they left two seconds later, and I went back to being extremely confused and somewhat terrified.
:O

“I was special. I always have been. Why didn't anyone notice me?"
-John Lennon

28 July 2012
2.12am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402

Hey Jude was great – it was awesome. The rest of the ceremony (or what I saw) was great. Who did Come Together before the Speeches?

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

28 July 2012
2.30am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141

FlyOn13 said

unknown said

Same here. I was sorta happy in the middle of the first thing when all the guys came out in the Sgt. Pepper uniforms, but they left two seconds later, and I went back to being extremely confused and somewhat terrified.
:O

That’s exactly how it was for me! I got excited when I saw the people in the Pepper’s jackets, but I don’t really know who all those other people were supposed to be.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

28 July 2012
2.36am
kedame
Miles above you
Carnegie Hall
Members

mr. Sun king coming together said
Hey Jude was great – it was awesome. The rest of the ceremony (or what I saw) was great. Who did Come Together before the Speeches?

Wasn’t it the Arctic Monkeys? People on Paul’s fan forum are saying he did horrible because there was feedback or something. I don’t know. They’re always bitching about something. Why does Paul need detractors when he has fans?

I can’t wait to see it! I love seeing Paul on these tv events because I know I’ll probably never get to see him now that I’m about to start med school. ahdn_paul_01

28 July 2012
3.16am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621

The Ceremony was very very good. It was a bit awkward seeing some famous actors but it was ok.The bits of James bond and The Queen and Mr. Bean were hillarious. I loved the music. BTW The uniforms from my country are just horrible. Horrible.

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

28 July 2012
6.40am
kedame
Miles above you
Carnegie Hall
Members

What a show!

It was amazing singing along with those thousands of people and Paul…hoping the other billion people sang/were singing along, too. Paul did amazing. There were a little technical difficulties at the beginning (cue panic from Paul’s most loyal “fans”…lol), but he picked it up and finished it beautifully.

Nothing more amazing than seeing my hero command thousands of people with one song!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: meanmistermustard, Ahhh Girl
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694