Paul's solo songs you're on a kick right now… | Page 3 | Paul McCartney | Fab forum

Please consider registering
Guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

  
 

— Match —

   

— Forum Options —

   

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Paul's solo songs you're on a kick right now…
6 January 2011
3.49pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 4549
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline
41

mithveaen said:

Mhhhhh in Spanish? Talking about bands, not really. I don't know any band that uses a grammar words (who, that, when, etc) as names of bands. Neither gerunds. In English is cool to say "Smashing Pumpkins" or "Rolling Stones". But in Spanish you translate it as "Aplastando calabazas" or "Rodando piedras". (which BTW sounds quite funny jajajajaja).

 


I'm on a kick with Band on the Run. I got it to start my Paul's solo albums collection but I find myself listening to it a lot…. damn Paul a-hard-days-night-paul-11

1) I read your jajajajaja as Spanish for hahahahaha and nearly fell out of my chair. If that's what you intended, THAT'S funny.

2) I'm wih you on the Band on the Run dilemma. I want to go out and get more solo Paul but can't stop listening to this one! My friend had the album in high school and I haven't heard it all the way through since then.

I may be wrong here, but I seem to remember Helen Wheels being on the album. However, on the remastered CD, it is on the "bonus disc". Is this another example of different tracks being on US/UK versions or have I lost what little is left of my mind (be nice)?

Lastly, I started watching the video disc last night. I'm embarrassed to admit this, but until then, I never realized that James Coburn and Christopher Lee (among other notables) are on the album cover. You could have knocked me over with a gentle rain.

Mamunia. Mamunia, Mamunia oh, oh,oh. a-hard-days-night-paul-4

 

*9*

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

6 January 2011
4.22pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

Zig said:

1) I read your jajajajaja as Spanish for hahahahaha and nearly fell out of my chair. If that's what you intended, THAT'S funny.


Not really…. but if that made you laugh that's ok then a-hard-days-night-george-8
 

Zig said:

Mamunia. Mamunia, Mamunia oh, oh,oh. a-hard-days-night-paul-4


No no no please don't make me think of that song once I stop thinking of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Damn it. Too late. Mamunia.. mamunia…ohhh.
 

BTW Zig Speaking of Mamunia, have you seen the charming video?? I dunno why but the granny glasses.... that animation was very Lennon-esque. a-hard-days-night-john-2

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
6 January 2011
4.42pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 4549
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline
43

I did see that. I'm not sure if it's the same song or not, but in one of the videos I noticed skye's avatar as well.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

6 January 2011
6.00pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2776
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline
44

mithveaen said:

Zig said:

Mamunia. Mamunia, Mamunia oh, oh,oh. a-hard-days-night-paul-4


No no no please don't make me think of that song once I stop thinking of it! Damn it. Too late. Mamunia.. mamunia…ohhh.

Dang you! I have that stuck in my head now. 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

7 January 2011
12.28am
Paulrus
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 899
Member Since:
8 April 2010
Offline
45

Dammit guys.

Well, the Ukraine girls really knock me out  They leave the West behind 
20 April 2011
11.16pm
StrawberryLakiesha
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 459
Member Since:
4 March 2011
Offline

Warm and Beautiful, English Tea and Jet!!!!a-hard-days-night-paul-11

 

*76*

ONE MINUTE YOU'RE DEFENDING THE WHOLE GALAXY, AND SUDDENLY, YOU FIND YOURSELF SUCKING DOWN DARJEELING WITH MARIE ANTOINETTE AND HER LITTLE SISTER.!
21 April 2011
12.52am
kedame
Miles above you
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 531
Member Since:
23 January 2011
Offline
47

Venus and Mars album, especially Love in Song.

"You can manicure a cat but can you caticure a man?" John Lennon- Skywriting by Word of Mouth
21 April 2011
2.53am
Ph.D.
In an Octopus's Garden
The Cavern Club
Forum Posts: 79
Member Since:
26 March 2011
Offline
48

Maybe I'm Amazed, My Brave Face, and Picasso's Last Words.

21 April 2011
4.47pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 4549
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline
49

Country Dreamer and The Song We Were Singing.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

21 April 2011
4.53pm
kedame
Miles above you
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 531
Member Since:
23 January 2011
Offline
50

Zig said:

Country Dreamer and The Song We Were Singing.

I love the disc two version of Country Dreamer where he forgets the words. Love the way he says, "ad-mar" instead of "admire."

"You can manicure a cat but can you caticure a man?" John Lennon- Skywriting by Word of Mouth
21 April 2011
4.55pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 4549
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline
51

kedame said:

Zig said:

Country Dreamer and The Song We Were Singing.

I love the disc two version of Country Dreamer where he forgets the words. Love the way he says, "ad-mar" instead of "admire."

I love the fact that he did not edit that out!a-hard-days-night-paul-1

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

21 April 2011
7.24pm
JET!
Rockin' in two by two
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 502
Member Since:
14 November 2010
Offline
52

Zig said:

 

2) I'm wih you on the Band on the Run dilemma. I want to go out and get more solo Paul but can't stop listening to this one! My friend had the album in high school and I haven't heard it all the way through since then.

I may be wrong here, but I seem to remember Helen Wheels being on the album. However, on the remastered CD, it is on the "bonus disc". Is this another example of different tracks being on US/UK versions or have I lost what little is left of my mind (be nice)?

 

Oh what a lovely thread. Yes it is an example on different tracks for the US/UK versions, you're not losing your marbles. My original copy has Helen Wheels, though it was purchased in Canada. I'm just assuming it's the US version then. I got the remastered version a little while ago and I noticed that too.

 

and I've got the same Band on the Run problem. It's on the run, through my head. And I can't chase it out. I'm a huge sucker for Country Dreamer. I'd like to cliiiiimb up a hill wiiiiith you! Actually, I'm a sucker for the whole album. Including Jet (shocker there eh?)

 

Otherwise I'm hooked on Let 'Em In right now.

The sunshine bores the daylights outta me
21 April 2011
8.05pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 4549
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline
53

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Thanks for settling that UK/US release quandry - and wasn't it nice of you to assume I'm not losing my marbles!

It seems lately that in the morning while I'm getting ready for and driving to work, I listen to All Things Must Pass (great album to "wake up" to!!). In the afternoon on my way home, it's Band on the Run.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

21 April 2011
8.24pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6916
Member Since:
19 September 2010
Offline
54

Band On The Run is awesome! I have been listening to it a lot lately. Go Paul.

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
21 April 2011
8.34pm
Till There Was You
:^)
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 397
Member Since:
19 March 2011
Offline
55

Who can not love "Band On The Run"? Or even the album? I like most of the songs on it. I also like his Tug Of War album, with "Ballroom Dancing" as my favorite, but I now some people who think that he wrote some bad music in the eighties.

I salute the lady who screamed "I love you Paul!" at a tribute band's concert.
21 April 2011
8.38pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6916
Member Since:
19 September 2010
Offline
56

Well, he did have 4 clunkers in the 80's, so yeah.

*17*

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
21 April 2011
8.46pm
Till There Was You
:^)
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 397
Member Since:
19 March 2011
Offline
57

Well, I like that album. Especially since he had "Here Today" on it.

*9+1*

I salute the lady who screamed "I love you Paul!" at a tribute band's concert.
21 April 2011
10.45pm
JET!
Rockin' in two by two
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 502
Member Since:
14 November 2010
Offline
58

Till There Was You said:

Who can not love "Band On The Run"? Or even the album? I like most of the songs on it. I also like his Tug Of War album, with "Ballroom Dancing" as my favorite, but I now some people who think that he wrote some bad music in the eighties.

I just bought Tug of War on vinyl, not that I have a record player, but the album cover was really cool. I haven't actually had a chance to listen to the songs, other than Here Today live, but I'm bringing it over to my friend's house on Saturday and we'll have a listen. Quite excited.

The sunshine bores the daylights outta me
21 April 2011
10.48pm
Till There Was You
:^)
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 397
Member Since:
19 March 2011
Offline
59

JET! said:

I just bought Tug of War on vinyl, not that I have a record player, but the album cover was really cool. I haven't actually had a chance to listen to the songs, other than Here Today live, but I'm bringing it over to my friend's house on Saturday and we'll have a listen. Quite excited.

I was given it on both vinyl and a CD, and I like the feel of it. I don't know Paul's music all that well besides this and Band On The Run, but I think this is a great album.

I salute the lady who screamed "I love you Paul!" at a tribute band's concert.
21 April 2011
10.57pm
JET!
Rockin' in two by two
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 502
Member Since:
14 November 2010
Offline
60

Till There Was You said:

I was given it on both vinyl and a CD, and I like the feel of it. I don't know Paul's music all that well besides this and Band On The Run, but I think this is a great album.

Okay, we're in the same boat then. This'll be my third Paul album after Band on the Run and Good Evening New York City. Good to hear at least someone likes it! I haven't heard any good reviews really but I think I'll like it. I'll let you know.

Zig said:

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Thanks for settling that UK/US release quandry - and wasn't it nice of you to assume I'm not losing my marbles!

It seems lately that in the morning while I'm getting ready for and driving to work, I listen to All Things Must Pass (great album to "wake up" to!!). In the afternoon on my way home, it's Band on the Run.

Good choices! Do you have the CDs in your car, or do you use an iPod hookup? Unless you're non-comformist, in which case you would have an Mp3 hookup... Or some wonderful radio station that only plays Beatles solo albums in their entirety.

My morning album right now is a Rolling Stones one, I think it's all their hits from '71-'93. My afternoon album today was Band on the Run and Sultans of Swing, Dire Straits.

The sunshine bores the daylights outta me
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Inner Light, phile24
55 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10395

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5523

parlance: 5498

Annadog40: 4743

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4549

Mr. Kite: 4301

Ron Nasty: 3218

fabfouremily: 2947

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2685

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3149

Posts: 140486

Newest Members: phile24, ZoeLouk, arsentev78, Rocky You're a Blackbird, Johnlovedcats

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5523, meanmistermustard: 10395, Zig: 4549, Joe: 3492

Administrators: Joe: 3492, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None