Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
New Album in 2013
10 June 2012
4.22am
kedame
Miles above you
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 522
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Paul’s manager said in an interview on youtube that we can look forward to a new album in the first quarter of 2013. It had previously been reported that Paul was unhappy with how the album was going, so maybe he got everything all straightened out. Really looking forward to something new!

"You can manicure a cat but can you caticure a man?"

John Lennon- Skywriting by Word of Mouth

10 June 2012
5.39pm
I Me Mine
Under the sea, in a Yellow Submarine
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 175

I’m happy to read the news but I was hoping he was going to release a second one as for 2012 in autumn. You know 2 albums in the same year like the Beatles’ days. Although he hasn’t done so since 1973…

I’ve read somewhere he’s going to collaborate with the Foo Fighters for a song or two… I don’t know if it’s true but it seems possible because Dave Grohl is a big McCartney fan and has already covered some Paul’s songs.

Sont des mots qui vont très bien ensemble.

11 June 2012
9.35pm
...ontherun
Massachusetts
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 187

I Me Mine said

I’m happy to read the news but I was hoping he was going to release a second one as for 2012 in autumn. You know 2 albums in the same year like the Beatles’ days. Although he hasn’t done so since 1973…

I’ve read somewhere he’s going to collaborate with the Foo Fighters for a song or two… I don’t know if it’s true but it seems possible because Dave Grohl is a big McCartney fan and has already covered some Paul’s songs.

I’ve heard the Grohl thing too. Hope it’s true.

A square is not a square when the sides are less than four...

15 June 2012
1.52am
Jarcila
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 2

I heard it is going to be a more Rock n Roll album but who knows if we are going to have Paul originals or covers…

21 June 2012
11.12pm
I Me Mine
Under the sea, in a Yellow Submarine
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 175

Jarcila said
I heard it is going to be a more Rock n Roll album but who knows if we are going to have Paul originals or covers…

I don’t think he’s gonna do covers again. Two cover albums in a row is a bit too much… And he’s done a Rock ‘N’ Roll album in the style of Kisses On The Bottom ; Run Devil Run .

Sont des mots qui vont très bien ensemble.

22 June 2012
1.26am
kedame
Miles above you
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 522

Definitely not a covers album. There are a lot of songs Paul has written in the last few years (sourced: http://webpages.charter.net,/r…..71/mrs.htm) that haven’t seen the light of day, so it isn’t that he has a lack of material. Also, there were two songs he mentioned in an interview that he was recording (The Life of a Party Girl and Hosannah), not to mention the tweet some electro/techno music dude made not too long ago about being excited to work with The Fireman.

At this point, who knows what is going to come out next.

Also, according to an article written by Geoff Baker (Paul’s former PR guy…it was a really good article) for Paul’s birthday, Paul has been trying to make a song for 10 years called Celebration (there is a version featured on Standing Stone ) that is supposed to be some sort of masterpiece…like his white whale.

Whatever comes out next, I’m just excited for something new.

"You can manicure a cat but can you caticure a man?"

John Lennon- Skywriting by Word of Mouth

22 June 2012
6.01pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

I would love to see (hear) a new R&R album from Paul. More importantly, a tour that brings him closer to Maine. I’m very anxious to see him in concert but don’t feel like taking out a second mortgage to afford tix, transportation, hotel, etc…

Open request to Macca…think Maine!!!!!

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

23 June 2012
9.50am
JojosCoolCherryCream
Abbey Road
Members
Forum Posts: 99

I’m glad to hear that Paul’s already starting on a new album! That man just won’t give up! I heard it was another Rock’n’Roll album but I’m not too sure… Also I’d love to see Paul touring in the United States, especially close to Oregon or in Oregon! I know on his last tour in the U.S. I’m pretty sure the farthest he went West was Ohio. And… Now I’m off topic. Anyways, I’m very excited for his new album in 2013 and I can’t wait to hear what kind of music is on it!

"Hoop? That isn't a hoop, It's a lethal weapon, have you got a license for it?" -Ringo
(By the way, just call me Jojo)

23 June 2012
10.40am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

Paul covers his own solo R&R songs?

Just something that comes to mind all ive heard is that its Rock and Roll songs. Has he ever done an album where he covers his own solo work? The press would slate him if it was Beatles songs but Paul might get away if it was his own, maybe rearrange some somes arrangements to fit the theme. Could even thru in a few of new songs.

Not sure if its something i would buy into but its a new approach. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694