41st Anniversary to Let It Be | Let It Be | Fab forum

Please consider registering
Guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

  

— Match —

   

— Forum Options —

   

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

41st Anniversary to Let It Be
16 May 2011
5.02pm
McLennonSon
In the middle of the roundabout
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 841
Member Since:
10 May 2011
Offline

I know it's a little late, but let us not complain about that!

We'll complain about the Phil Sp*ect*r thing, and we are gonna play it as it was.

The Let It Be Album. Complete.

Side One 

 

Side Two

Side Three

 

 

My Music Blog. One and one don't make two One and one make one.
17 May 2011
12.11am
StrawberryLakiesha
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 459
Member Since:
4 March 2011
Offline

Since when did Let It Be have eighteen songs on it?paul-mccartney

I actually don't really mind the Phil Spectorized Let It Be, and I never really got what the differences were between the Spectorized one and Naked. The only songs I can tell are different is Across The Universe, The Long And Winding Road and Two Of Us. Other than that I think they sound the same, really. And I know that Let It Be… Naked is supposedly live, but am I going crazy, or are their overdubs on it, becuase it sounds like there are and so I'm probably confused, I should think!

ONE MINUTE YOU'RE DEFENDING THE WHOLE GALAXY, AND SUDDENLY, YOU FIND YOURSELF SUCKING DOWN DARJEELING WITH MARIE ANTOINETTE AND HER LITTLE SISTER.!
17 May 2011
12.18am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6916
Member Since:
19 September 2010
Offline

It doesn't. There are some bootlegs that have more songs on them, some of which he shared with us. In terms of Spector or not, he did a fine job.

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
17 May 2011
7.16pm
McLennonSon
In the middle of the roundabout
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 841
Member Since:
10 May 2011
Offline

mr. Sun king coming together said:

It doesn't. There are some bootlegs that have more songs on them, some of which he shared with us. In terms of Spector or not, he did a fine job.

Would you you pleeeeaaase be quiet. I'm trying to celebrate something, and you come and ruin it!!!a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

My Music Blog. One and one don't make two One and one make one.
17 May 2011
7.17pm
McLennonSon
In the middle of the roundabout
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 841
Member Since:
10 May 2011
Offline

StrawberryLakiesha said:

Since when did Let It Be have eighteen songs on it?paul-mccartney

I actually don't really mind the Phil Spectorized Let It Be, and I never really got what the differences were between the Spectorized one and Naked. The only songs I can tell are different is Across The Universe, The Long And Winding Road and Two Of Us. Other than that I think they sound the same, really. And I know that Let It Be… Naked is supposedly live, but am I going crazy, or are their overdubs on it, becuase it sounds like there are and so I'm probably confused, I should think!

Your avatar appeals ironic to me.

My Music Blog. One and one don't make two One and one make one.
17 May 2011
7.21pm
McLennonSon
In the middle of the roundabout
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 841
Member Since:
10 May 2011
Offline

McLennonson said:

Would you you pleeeeaaase be quiet. I'm trying to celebrate something, and you come and ruin it!!!a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

And that means BOTH OF YOU!!!

 

P.S. I'm just picking those who are on the Let It Be… Naked, Get Back and bootlegs with longer versions of the songs.

Officially, these songs are all of them.

(I don't want to include the 'Thirty Days' bootleg)

My Music Blog. One and one don't make two One and one make one.
17 May 2011
8.07pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6916
Member Since:
19 September 2010
Offline

McLennonson said:

mr. Sun king coming together said:

It doesn't. There are some bootlegs that have more songs on them, some of which he shared with us. In terms of Spector or not, he did a fine job.

Would you you pleeeeaaase be quiet. I'm trying to celebrate something, and you come and ruin it!!!a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

No. I answered a question. I didn't ruin a thing. Don't call me out on something I didn't do. If you are celebrating Let It Be, why are all the tracks not from Let It Be? Let It Be…. Naked isn't the true thing. Sorry, call me out on something I didn't do, and that was REALLY stupid. I didn't do anything but answer a question.

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
17 May 2011
11.03pm
StrawberryLakiesha
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 459
Member Since:
4 March 2011
Offline

McLennonson said:

StrawberryLakiesha said:

Since when did Let It Be have eighteen songs on it?paul-mccartney

I actually don't really mind the Phil Spectorized Let It Be, and I never really got what the differences were between the Spectorized one and Naked. The only songs I can tell are different is Across The Universe, The Long And Winding Road and Two Of Us. Other than that I think they sound the same, really. And I know that Let It Be… Naked is supposedly live, but am I going crazy, or are their overdubs on it, becuase it sounds like there are and so I'm probably confused, I should think!

Your avatar appeals ironic to me.

Why?

ONE MINUTE YOU'RE DEFENDING THE WHOLE GALAXY, AND SUDDENLY, YOU FIND YOURSELF SUCKING DOWN DARJEELING WITH MARIE ANTOINETTE AND HER LITTLE SISTER.!
18 May 2011
7.41am
McLennonSon
In the middle of the roundabout
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 841
Member Since:
10 May 2011
Offline

StrawberryLakiesha said:

McLennonson said:

StrawberryLakiesha said:

Since when did Let It Be have eighteen songs on it?paul-mccartney

I actually don't really mind the Phil Spectorized Let It Be, and I never really got what the differences were between the Spectorized one and Naked. The only songs I can tell are different is Across The Universe, The Long And Winding Road and Two Of Us. Other than that I think they sound the same, really. And I know that Let It Be… Naked is supposedly live, but am I going crazy, or are their overdubs on it, becuase it sounds like there are and so I'm probably confused, I should think!

Your avatar appeals ironic to me.

Why?

Your avatar is smiling but you're speaking like you were arguing something.

My Music Blog. One and one don't make two One and one make one.
18 May 2011
8.13am
Sitting on a cornflake
as above, in an Italian garden
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 203
Member Since:
13 April 2011
Offline
10

What I've never understood about the 1970 Let It Be is that while Lennon was apparently disinterested in the band and album at that point, how come he got Phil Spector to do the production, apparently against PM's wishes, PM being almost completely 'in charge' at that point?

Don't get me wrong..I love the original, especially Long & Winding in all it's Spector glory!

a-hard-days-night-john-1

18 May 2011
11.17am
McLennonSon
In the middle of the roundabout
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 841
Member Since:
10 May 2011
Offline
11

Sitting on a cornflake said:

Don't get me wrong..I love the original, especially Long & Winding in all it's Spector glory!

a-hard-days-night-john-1

Ok… this guy is too modern to be a beatles-fan.

My Music Blog. One and one don't make two One and one make one.
18 May 2011
11.51am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6916
Member Since:
19 September 2010
Offline
12

Look, not everyone hates the Spectorization. I don't, Cornflake doesn't, lots of people don't. It doesn't mean they can't be fans.

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
18 May 2011
12.02pm
Sitting on a cornflake
as above, in an Italian garden
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 203
Member Since:
13 April 2011
Offline
13

McLennonson said:

Sitting on a cornflake said:

Don't get me wrong..I love the original, especially Long & Winding in all it's Spector glory!

a-hard-days-night-john-1

Ok… this guy is too modern to be a beatles-fan.

haha! so Spector is modern!??!? But yes, I am modern and I am a Beatles fan!

blue-meanie

18 May 2011
12.42pm
McLennonSon
In the middle of the roundabout
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 841
Member Since:
10 May 2011
Offline
14

Sitting on a cornflake said:

McLennonson said:

Sitting on a cornflake said:

Don't get me wrong..I love the original, especially Long & Winding in all it's Spector glory!

a-hard-days-night-john-1

Ok… this guy is too modern to be a beatles-fan.

haha! so Spector is modern!??!? But yes, I am modern and I am a Beatles fan!

blue-meanie

I'm a sentimental Beatles fan.

AND DON'T CALL ME STUPID!!! a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

My Music Blog. One and one don't make two One and one make one.
18 May 2011
6.19pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 4099
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline
15

I am not taking sides here but would like to point out that no one called anyone stupid. An individual act was called stupid.

Could a better word have been chosen? No doubt.

Now that that is taken care of, let's settle down and discuss this topic contructively.

Thanks.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

19 May 2011
7.51am
McLennonSon
In the middle of the roundabout
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 841
Member Since:
10 May 2011
Offline
16

mr. Sun king coming together said:

McLennonson said:

mr. Sun king coming together said:

It doesn't. There are some bootlegs that have more songs on them, some of which he shared with us. In terms of Spector or not, he did a fine job.

Would you you pleeeeaaase be quiet. I'm trying to celebrate something, and you come and ruin it!!!a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

No. I answered a question. I didn't ruin a thing. Don't call me out on something I didn't do. If you are celebrating Let It Be, why are all the tracks not from Let It Be? Let It Be…. Naked isn't the true thing. Sorry, call me out on something I didn't do, and that was REALLY stupid. I didn't do anything but answer a question.

Ok *sighs*a-hard-days-night-ringo-2

Zig said:

I am not taking sides here but would like to point out that no one called anyone stupid. An individual act was called stupid.

Could a better word have been chosen? No doubt.

Now that that is taken care of, let's settle down and discuss this topic contructively.

Thanks.

Ok mastar.

My Music Blog. One and one don't make two One and one make one.
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online:
60 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9745

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5106

Ahhh Girl: 4941

mithveaen: 4651

Annadog40: 4116

Zig: 4099

Mr. Kite: 3666

Ron Nasty: 3029

fabfouremily: 2934

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2591

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3157

Posts: 133824

Newest Members: mrneil2, macdog, estoreparka, mouse, ug3hp

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4941), meanmistermustard (9745), Zig (4099), Joe (3450)

Administrators: Joe (3450), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None