Make up your mind, John! | Page 3 | John Lennon | Fab forum

Please consider registering
Guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

  
 

— Match —

   

— Forum Options —

   

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Make up your mind, John!
21 December 2010
11.44am
DoctorRobert
Through the bathroom window
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 403
Member Since:
4 September 2010
Offline
41

The Walrus said:

Heehee- 6+9.


Thomas! You dirty boy!

The obvious contradiction is Run for Your Life and Jealous Guy, but that's a more obvious changing of mind.

You all will have read that Dave Dee is no longer with us. But Mickey and Titch and I would like to carry on the good work that's always gone down in number two.
21 December 2010
2.07pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6872
Member Since:
19 September 2010
Offline
42

DoctorRobert said:

 

The obvious contradiction is Run for Your Life and Jealous Guy, but that's a more obvious changing of mind.

I don't see the contradiction. Can you point it out?

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
21 December 2010
3.12pm
DoctorRobert
Through the bathroom window
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 403
Member Since:
4 September 2010
Offline
43

"I'd rather see you dead little girl then to be with another man."

"I didn't mean to hurt you...I'm just a jealous guy."

When I write it out, it seems more of an apology than a contradiction. Never mind.

You all will have read that Dave Dee is no longer with us. But Mickey and Titch and I would like to carry on the good work that's always gone down in number two.
21 December 2010
3.55pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1010
Member Since:
4 December 2010
Offline
44

Instant Karma is full of them. Is John praising this person or persons, or laying into them?

 

"Instant Karma's gonna get you, gonna knock you right in the face, better get yourself together darling, join the human race"

versus

"Why on earth are you there, when you're everywhere? Come and get your share."

And I neeeeeeeeed her all the time
21 December 2010
4.53pm
StarWisher
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1161
Member Since:
25 November 2010
Offline
45

The Walrus said:

Instant Karma is full of them. Is John praising this person or persons, or laying into them?

 

"Instant Karma's gonna get you, gonna knock you right in the face, better get yourself together darling, join the human race"

versus

"Why on earth are you there, when you're everywhere? Come and get your share."


Or even better, "Who on earth do you think you are, a superstar?" which sounds like he's angry with someone who thinks too highly of himself, but then agrees "Well, right you are!"

Maybe he's saying the way you're acting now is atrocious, but there's still hope for you yet, and in general, you're not all that bad. (Nowhere near as catchy as the lines above!) :)

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." — Dr. Seuss
 
 
22 December 2010
1.42pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 3609
Member Since:
31 March 2008
Offline
46

"When I'm in the middle of a dream/Stay in bed, float up stream" - I'm Only Sleeping

"In the middle of a dream/In the middle of a dream I Call Your Name" - Oh Yoko!

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

22 December 2010
10.29pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2761
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline
47

I remembered the really good (maybe) one I forgot! 

John's opinions on staying in bed all day sure changed from 1965 ("Nowhere Man") to 1966 ("I'm Only Sleeping")! 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

22 December 2010
10.31pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6872
Member Since:
19 September 2010
Offline
48

How so?

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
22 December 2010
10.36pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2761
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline
49

It's not really in the lyrics of "Nowhere Man." Here, this should help. And "I'm Only Sleeping" should be pretty obvious....

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

22 December 2010
11.04pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6872
Member Since:
19 September 2010
Offline
50

Very True, M3

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
29 December 2010
9.19pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1010
Member Since:
4 December 2010
Offline
51

StarWisher said:

The Walrus said:

Instant Karma is full of them. Is John praising this person or persons, or laying into them?

 

"Instant Karma's gonna get you, gonna knock you right in the face, better get yourself together darling, join the human race"

versus

"Why on earth are you there, when you're everywhere? Come and get your share."


Or even better, "Who on earth do you think you are, a superstar?" which sounds like he's angry with someone who thinks too highly of himself, but then agrees "Well, right you are!"
 

Maybe he's saying the way you're acting now is atrocious, but there's still hope for you yet, and in general, you're not all that bad. (Nowhere near as catchy as the lines above!) :)


I can hear John singing that.

"I require assistance, so am shouting to attract your attention, because I need a person in possession of unique talents to assist me, you are aware that I need an individual of unspecified nature." Sorry.

And I neeeeeeeeed her all the time
30 December 2010
12.30am
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2286
Member Since:
13 November 2009
Offline
52

If you could put that to a tune, that would be great. Thanks. a-hard-days-night-george-4

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, Mr. Kite
53 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 11030

mr. Sun king coming together: 6872

Ahhh Girl: 5976

parlance: 5774

Annadog40: 5240

Mr. Kite: 4791

Zig: 4735

mithveaen: 4646

Ron Nasty: 3348

fabfouremily: 2951

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2774

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3200

Posts: 145031

Newest Members: ILikeYouTooMuch, The Joker, Eric

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5976, meanmistermustard: 11030, Zig: 4735, Joe: 3609

Administrators: Joe: 3609, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None