John Lennon vs. Jim Morrison | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering
Guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
John Lennon vs. Jim Morrison
No permission to create posts
19 June 2010
9.04pm
Avatar
HammerDealer
Out of my brain, on a train.
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 207
Member Since:
12 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I do a lot of 'which one is better threads' but I was thinking that, Jim Morrison (of The Doors) is like a poetic lyricist, as John Lennon (of The Beatles, duh) is simply an amazing songwriter.

 

Is it possible to say which one is better? I kind of wanna say Jim, but I really wanna say tie.

When I Twish And Shout, it makes the Girl say "What Goes On?", and than I say, "I do this Here, There and Everywhere", and than she finishes by saying "Honey Don't".
19 June 2010
9.36pm
Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1080
Member Since:
3 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

HammerDealer said:

I do a lot of 'which one is better threads' but I was thinking that, Jim Morrison (of The Doors) is like a poetic lyricist, as John Lennon (of The Beatles, duh) is simply an amazing songwriter.

 

Is it possible to say which one is better? I kind of wanna say Jim, but I really wanna say tie.


Never cared for The Doors.
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
20 June 2010
1.34am
Avatar
HammerDealer
Out of my brain, on a train.
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 207
Member Since:
12 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Alissa said:

Jim's got nothing on John- in the majority of Doors tracks I've heard it's cliché, common rhymes and false depth. I think the man was just out of it most of the time and managed to blunder his way to a few hits.

And I kind of agree with RonnieRIG- I think you need to slow down, HammerDealer, it's too much. a-hard-days-night-ringo-12


 

Well, to be fair John ryhmed random things with other random things (see Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds). And Jim was out of it? Have you ever heard of John, we was known to do some drugs.

So I post a bit more the others, your commenting on them arn't you, if you don't like it, well why would you comment?

When I Twish And Shout, it makes the Girl say "What Goes On?", and than I say, "I do this Here, There and Everywhere", and than she finishes by saying "Honey Don't".
20 June 2010
1.40am
Avatar
Alissa
Find me in my field of grass
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 400
Member Since:
21 August 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

HammerDealer said: 

 

Well, to be fair John ryhmed random things with other random things (see Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds). And Jim was out of it? Have you ever heard of John, we was known to do some drugs.

So I post a bit more the others, your commenting on them arn't you, if you don't like it, well why would you comment?


No, not random rhymes, that isn't the term I used. John's was abstract nonsense, whereas Jim's seems to be incoherent at best. And if I recall, Jim also went on stints of drinking other people's blood- I classify that as a bit more out of it.

And no, that's not the point either, whether I comment on them or not, because I don't comment on the majority you post. The point is, when I log on to the site (I'm sure others encountered this problem also) there are about 20+ threads that have new posts. You create too many a day, and it's hard to concentrate on the few good threads because of the multitude of others we need to get to before getting left behind in a sea of unread threads.

There, I've said my piece. I think the others would appreciate your slowing down as well, as numerous people have posted about it. Please be courteous, and don't just say "please feel free to ignore me, but I'd be happy is you continued to comment on my posts." That's a little disrespectful. a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

Tongue, lose thy light. Moon, take thy flight… see ya, George!
20 June 2010
1.45am
Avatar
HammerDealer
Out of my brain, on a train.
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 207
Member Since:
12 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Alissa said:

HammerDealer said: 

 

Well, to be fair John ryhmed random things with other random things (see Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds). And Jim was out of it? Have you ever heard of John, we was known to do some drugs.

So I post a bit more the others, your commenting on them arn't you, if you don't like it, well why would you comment?


No, not random rhymes, that isn't the term I used. John's was abstract nonsense, whereas Jim's seems to be incoherent at best. And if I recall, Jim also went on stints of drinking other people's blood- I classify that as a bit more out of it.

And no, that's not the point either, whether I comment on them or not, because I don't comment on the majority you post. The point is, when I log on to the site (I'm sure others encountered this problem also) there are about 20+ threads that have new posts. You create too many a day, and it's hard to concentrate on the few good threads because of the multitude of others we need to get to before getting left behind in a sea of unread threads.

There, I've said my piece. I think the others would appreciate your slowing down as well, as numerous people have posted about it. Please be courteous, and don't just say "please feel free to ignore me, but I'd be happy is you continued to comment on my posts." That's a little disrespectful. a-hard-days-night-ringo-7


 

I don't see how that's disrespectful, but anyways...

 

The reason you see so many post, because I'm adding more options for you to post on, I don't see the people, and honestly I didn't exacatly enjoy the way you said "I think you need to slow down, HammerDealer, it's too much."

 

I never asked what you thought on that topic, not saying your opinion doesn't matter, I'm just saying that, if this is the only place I have to be respected and welcomed with my comments on something I love (Beatles' music or any music), why would you bring me down?

 

P.S. I can see why you dislike Jim Morrison, but I think he's a grand guy, and I'll keep on thinking that.

When I Twish And Shout, it makes the Girl say "What Goes On?", and than I say, "I do this Here, There and Everywhere", and than she finishes by saying "Honey Don't".
20 June 2010
1.55am
Avatar
Alissa
Find me in my field of grass
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 400
Member Since:
21 August 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

HammerDealer said: 

 

I don't see how that's disrespectful, but anyways...

 

The reason you see so many post, because I'm adding more options for you to post on, I don't see the people, and honestly I didn't exacatly enjoy the way you said "I think you need to slow down, HammerDealer, it's too much."

 

I never asked what you thought on that topic, not saying your opinion doesn't matter, I'm just saying that, if this is the only place I have to be respected and welcomed with my comments on something I love (Beatles' music or any music), why would you bring me down?

 

P.S. I can see why you dislike Jim Morrison, but I think he's a grand guy, and I'll keep on thinking that.


I don't want this to evolve into any confrontation- know that. a-hard-days-night-john-4

The reason I told you to slow down is for the simple fact that we should be concentrating on certain threads at a time. It's hard for one to think about whether Paul is a good bassist to jumping to a thread pitting John against Jim to another about rating songs on Sgt. Pepper. It is just too much. 

We all want to be respected here, and this is not meant to offend you in any way. This site is a place to share ideas and learn from others, but what you're doing is moving at a rate that no one can learn from. With such a flooded forum, our minds too become flooded- it's a daunting task knowing I have to sift through 20 forums that I may want to comment on. It would be much more comforting with less- the threads you post have such a small amount of answers because they've already moved onto another forum that you have also created.
I have discussed this with Joe, and I hope he can see where I'm coming from. I don't know if others feel this way, but it's all a little overwhelming.

PS: If you would like your opinion respected, I would like mine to be as well. I'm not trying to sway your allegiance to Jim- only doing what this whole forum is for- civil and thorough discussion.

Tongue, lose thy light. Moon, take thy flight… see ya, George!
20 June 2010
2.31am
Avatar
HammerDealer
Out of my brain, on a train.
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 207
Member Since:
12 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Well, honest I was inmature, because I didn't feel like "giving my all" into this "discussion".

 

By posts I did mean topics, sorry for not being clear on that. And I can see where you're coming from, but it's just that I fine it very easy to voice my opinions on any subject, and it doesn't take me long to come up with my ideas, I don't take days to think of who is a better songwriter, but hey, mabye that's me, how about I post once a week, you know, just so you can catch up to the rest of us, how does that sound?

 

I don't hate you, I don't even dislike you, but I am also looking forward to ended this rather stupid argument. And like I said I can see where you're coming from, but really it's not hard to think of your opinion, than post it, I just don't see what's difficult, that's all.

 

No, I'm back to being offened, you're calling my thoughts "mindless chatter", I'm trying to find the point of view of people of who about The Beatles, and seeing if their are any fans of Morrison, what the hell is so "mindless" about that? I'm just looking for other Beatles fans opinion, and I don't think that's "mindless" frigging "chatter".

 

It's easy to form an opinion, but even easier to agrue about the most innocent of topics, well that's atleast what I'm getting from this.

When I Twish And Shout, it makes the Girl say "What Goes On?", and than I say, "I do this Here, There and Everywhere", and than she finishes by saying "Honey Don't".
20 June 2010
2.42am
Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1080
Member Since:
3 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Jesus Christ people, we're talking on a forum about a band who sings "All You Need Is Love". You all need to calm down. Me especially, because I hate Baseball Cards.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online:
40 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17129

Ahhh Girl: 10741

Annadog40: 9715

Zig: 7545

parlance: 7092

mr. Sun king coming together: 6980

Mr. Kite: 6092

Silly Girl: 5774

trcanberra: 5535

Ron Nasty: 4940

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3331

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 3815

Posts: 202031

Newest Members:

ravenswolf, Gamer1234, Stockholm1955, tomomi, ttn48griff

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 10741, meanmistermustard: 17129, Zig: 7545, Joe: 4390

Administrators: Joe: 4390, Ellie: 3

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: None