Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Imagine if John had had twitter!
9 October 2012
4.04am
...ontherun
Massachusetts
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 187
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

http://www.vulture.com/2012/10…..tters.html

Oh what John would have said unfiltered at 140 characters a pop….

A square is not a square when the sides are less than four...

10 October 2012
4.27pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5448

The phrase “John Lennon tweets” makes me die a little inside! Though I should hope that he’d have more to say than 90% of the fools who use it.

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

10 October 2012
6.14pm
annab93
Over the Rainbow
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 117

I’ve wondered before what John would think about what the world is like today. Would he think that young people are self-absorbed and obsessed with technology like some people do? I’d like to see what he would think about different political events or if he would even have a stance on what is going on in America! I would absolutely follow him on Twitter if he were still with us heart

You make your own dream.

19 October 2012
5.29am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141

I think if John had a twitter it would be like Paul’s Facebook. He doesn’t really post anything interesting, mostly just pictures or like where he is or something daft like that. Boring and not worth following (or being friends with).

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

27 January 2013
6.21am
frankdialogue
http://www.weebly.com/kultureamerika
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 53

At least he didn’t have to live to experience that.

27 January 2013
7.51am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098

unknown said
I think if John had a twitter it would be like Paul’s Facebook. He doesn’t really post anything interesting, mostly just pictures or like where he is or something daft like that. Boring and not worth following (or being friends with).

I have Paul on Facebook.  It actually can be helpful if there are concerts and events coming up that you want to catch, whether in person or on TV/online.  a-hard-days-night-paul-10 

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

27 January 2013
9.15am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

I think John would have been a Twitter addict, regularly making headlines for things he said in 140 characters. He was a man who loved the media for the ways it allowed him to get messages he believed in out. He would have loved the idea of not having to using them to communicate the things he wanted to say.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

27 January 2013
1.17pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

mja6758 said
I think John would have been a Twitter addict, regularly making headlines for things he said in 140 characters. He was a man who loved the media for the ways it allowed him to get messages he believed in out. He would have loved the idea of not having to using them to communicate the things he wanted to say.

I’d agree with that. I also think he would have had a lot of fun posting daft tweets that folk would take far too seriously and read far too much into. Same for the new video tweet thing coming out. May have been one of the few celebs who dont just use it to post promotional updates and banal crap about eating a muffin. Can see John having a lot of fun with Twitter.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 January 2013
5.33pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080

http://estatoilmaggiordomo.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/john-lennon.jpg?w=906Image Enlarger

John Lennon @JLennon

I’ve been to China, to see for myself.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

28 January 2013
7.11pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781

I hope he would’ve typed better than Ringo.

28 January 2013
9.28pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

Linde said
I hope he would’ve typed better than Ringo.

More than likely John would have had a lot of fun doing his word play ala In His Own Write and everything else. Would have been a lot of fun trying to decipher what he was saying and what the media made of it.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

28 January 2013
10.20pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members

Though we are deprived of Lennonism, we have in the meanwhile the sparklingly (Groucho) Marxist wit of Conan O’Brian, whose Tweets are copious and mostly good.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

11 May 2013
12.29am
Yooper
California
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 1

For me, I think that John would have played around with it, then become bored and moved on to something else.  He would have always found a way to communicate in his own way; he loved the feel of pen to paper, so I envision his own newspaper kind of thing or publication.  But, I can only imagine the witticisms that he would have shared on Twitter, but, as in all things, he turned off/on rather quickly.

Who knows?  Maybe we wouldn’t even have Twitter.  I am immovable that I know we wouldn’t have the regurgitated studio-generated voices we are deluged with today or American Idol cr@p.  

That’s always the heartbreaker.  We’ll never know what an impact he might have had.  Hopefully, he also would have started putting himself and his health first and established a new life with his children and their music or other interests and released himself from the Yoke of Ono.  I can dream!

11 May 2013
3.44pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929

^^ As much as I love John and think of him as a genius, I don’t think he could have stopped what has happened to most music today. One person isn’t capable of doing that. Only we, consumers, have/had the power to stop it.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

16 June 2013
6.58pm
Glass Onion
In an English garden, waiting for the sun
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 14

John was a philosophical guy, so he would tweet philosophical things, and also say when a new album is being released.

Earth - Beatles = A bad planet to live

17 June 2013
8.02am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members

John might also Tweet something like this:

He made no remark but the matter ran down his head, for he stud in front of the fire with a thoughtfowl face, smirking his pile, casting an occasional gland at the massage”

19 June 2013
9.41am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141

Funny Paper said
John might also Tweet something like this:

He made no remark but the matter ran down his head, for he stud in front of the fire with a thoughtfowl face, smirking his pile, casting an occasional gland at the massage”

I don’t know, that doesn’t sound like something John would say.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

19 June 2013
10.17am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Read In His Own Write and Spaniard In the Works, and listen to things like Jock and Yono and The Great Wok. John loved his wordplay and nonsense. Funny Paper’s point is, I think, much as John would use Twitter to make philosophical/political statements, he would also use it as a playground to indulge in his love of wordplay.

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

19 June 2013
8.22pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members

Yes, above I just quoted a line from John’s nonsense novel he wrote called “A Spaniard in the Works”.

His books are available online to read.  They’re a hoot.  My father who was a professor of literature and who was a fan of James Joyce told me (back in the early 80s) that the writing reminded him a little of Joyce’s Finnegan’s Wake.

20 June 2013
12.24am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Yay! Me and Funny Paper standing shoulder to shoulder on something!

Sorry I didn’t recognise it as a direct quote. Bad Me! (Slaps Wrist).

It’s an important point though. John, from The Daily Howl in his schooldays, to something like The Great Wok in 1979, always had a love of twisting language. In the Twitter age, much as he would used it to say things that he believed something, many more of his Tweets would probably just have been him indulging in his love of perverting the language.

140 characters! He wouldn’t even need to think about finding a frame for some absurd little phrase he came up with! It would be his perfect tool!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691