George watches the Beatles.. 1976. | George Harrison | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

George watches the Beatles.. 1976.
21 May 2010
4.52am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651

George reacts to a video from The Beatles performance from This Boy.

I don't know why, but I felt a little hole in my heart when I saw it. I miss George…

Edit : I found this in a Spanish spoken forum.

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
21 May 2010
5.55am
c64wood
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 230

Wow, that's good stuff!  Thanks!a-hard-days-night-george-4

Seeing George laugh and even singing his part was so cool!

I know you know what you know, but you should know by now that you're not me ~ Ron Nasty
21 May 2010
12.03pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 3458

It's a lovely scene. Olivia is in the background behind him too. Anyone know the date it was filmed in 1976? I'd like to add it to the history section of the site (preferably without the timecode, though I don't know if a clean copy exists). I've no idea where the footage is from.

Incidentally, the original performance is from 25 November 1963, and was recorded for two Granada TV shows, Late Scene Extra and Scene At 6.30.

http://www.beatlesbible.com/19.....e-at-6-30/

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

21 May 2010
1.39pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4191

That was fantastic and left me wanting much more.

If anyone knows where that came from and how we can watch the entire episode/show/whatever, please share it with us. I would like to see it in its entirety. 

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

21 May 2010
3.45pm
Happy Nat
USA
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 166

Yeah, this is great!

George has been really missed in my house. I've got him playing with Ringo at the 1987 Prince's Trust Concert on my website's Video of the Week this time around. There's a few other big names on the stage with him too that you might recognize. a-hard-days-night-george-5

Bringing you the best and worst of The Beatles, since 2007.
21 May 2010
6.31pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop

I have no idea where this comes from. I checked in Revolution Peru (the forum I "took" it from) but nobody in there knows. maybe from that docu Scorsese is doing?

BTW Can someone please write what George says? I understand the last part.. not the first one..

Edit  : It's not that I'm not able to understand. This is silly, but that video is like.. very sad for me. It's like watching an old friend. I've lost some friends from high school and my Mom, so I know the feeling. And well George never knew my name, but he is a part of my life. Silly yeah, but true.

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
21 May 2010
6.39pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop

I don't know what I did but I duplicated the post. Sorry

21 May 2010
6.52pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4191

mithveaen said:

BTW Can someone please write what George says? I understand the last part.. not the first one..

I assume you mean at the beginning when he says, "I gave that guitar away".

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

21 May 2010
7.08pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop

Zig said:

mithveaen said:

I assume you mean at the beginning when he says, "I gave that guitar away".

Oh thank you. I got it now.

22 May 2010
2.31am
Alissa
Find me in my field of grass
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 401

Wonderful, thank you!
It's so nice to see the genuine happiness in his eyes- he gets so absorbed by it. a-hard-days-night-george-5 

Tongue, lose thy light. Moon, take thy flight… see ya, George!
22 May 2010
2.56pm
Celebrated_Mr_K
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 155

A lot of people think the post-Beatles hated the Beatles and their former bandmates.  Not so.  The breakup was like a divorce, and unpleasant for all involved.  Like with a lot of divorces, it took a couple of years to get over the bitterness and recriminations.

John and George both had some unkind things to say about the Beatles for a little while.  But time heals all wounds and then they could look back on their years as a band with pride.  All the guys got together on occasion after that (just not all at the same time). 

I read about a party out in California (when John was on his "lost weekend").  Paul and Linda showed up, and suddenly a couple of guitars appeared and John and Paul started strumming and harmonizing as if they'd never split up at all.  And everyone in the place was mesmerized by the magic.

John returned to Yoko shortly afterward and gave up recording for 5 years until he was ready again. 

Just my speculation, but I think John and Paul would have gotten together within a couple of years after "Double Fantasy" and produced an album.  They had had a blast recording "The Ballad Of John And Yoko" without the other Beatles present, and I think they would want to recreate the magic (or at least try) one more time. 

22 May 2010
3.18pm
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1108

Was George hindu?

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
22 May 2010
3.25pm
McLerristarr
A Place
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 257

MrBig said:

Was George hindu?

Yes. He was a Hare Krishna. Although he didn't join one of those weird organisations where they where orange robes and shave their heads but leave pony tails. Not all Hindus are polytheistic though, he only believed in one god. Most religions are all pretty much the same, they all believe in God. I don't see what they all bicker about. a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Within You Without You and The Inner Light are about George's spirituality. a-hard-days-night-george-5

24 May 2010
1.21am
Marcelo
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 487

mithveaen said:

I don't know why, but I felt a little hole in my heart when I saw it. I miss George…

That was so nice. Thanks for sharing it.

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition. John Lennon
31 May 2010
2.14am
Brother_Mustard
Newfoundland, Canada
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 6

McLerristarr said:

MrBig said:

Was George hindu?

Yes. He was a Hare Krishna. Although he didn't join one of those weird organisations where they where orange robes and shave their heads but leave pony tails. Not all Hindus are polytheistic though, he only believed in one god. Most religions are all pretty much the same, they all believe in God. I don't see what they all bicker about. a-hard-days-night-paul-11
Within You Without You and The Inner Light are about George's spirituality. a-hard-days-night-george-5

Just as an addendum to your post, so is Long, Long, Long, atleast that's always been my understanding of it (imo, that's the best song that Georgie ever did)   :)
9 July 2010
5.57pm
wingspan81
Argentina
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 9

ha ha ha, it's good! I didn't know about this video!a-hard-days-night-george-5

23 November 2010
10.10pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6916

Thanks Mith.

I tried to think of something powerful and moving… and failed.  "You were given a choice between war and dishonor - you chose dishonor, and you shall have war" - Winston Churchill
30 December 2010
6.32pm
kaleidoscope thighs
Thinking for myself.
The Jacaranda
Forum Posts: 30

mithveaen said:

Oh that was so sweet to see. I liked his little commentary about John, being naughty and not wearing his glasses. a-hard-days-night-john-3. "BLIND AS A BAAAT"

god I love his laugh, and the way he talks. a-hard-days-night-george-9

30 December 2010
8.02pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1010

McLerristarr said:

MrBig said:

Was George hindu?

My understanding is that most Hindus are essentially monothestic, in the same way that Christians are- their gods are simply a different representation of the central god (like Jesus being part of a central God in Christianity).
And I neeeeeeeeed her all the time
30 December 2010
8.05pm
StarWisher
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1162

I know! It seems like when he laughed in that video he became (for a moment) a good 15 years younger. a-hard-days-night-george-9

I can't believe I hadn't said anything before, Mith, but thanks for finding and posting this!

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." — Dr. Seuss

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Funny Paper, Ahhh Girl, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
44 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9844

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5185

Ahhh Girl: 5117

mithveaen: 4651