George watches the Beatles.. 1976. | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
George watches the Beatles.. 1976.
No permission to create posts
21 May 2010
4.52am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4631
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

George reacts to a video from The Beatles performance from This Boy.

I don't know why, but I felt a little hole in my heart when I saw it. I miss George…

Edit : I found this in a Spanish spoken forum.

The following people thank mithveaen for this post:

Silly Girl
Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
21 May 2010
3.45pm
Happy Nat
USA
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 166

Yeah, this is great!

George has been really missed in my house. I've got him playing with Ringo at the 1987 Prince's Trust Concert on my website's Video of the Week this time around. There's a few other big names on the stage with him too that you might recognize. a-hard-days-night-george-5

Bringing you the best and worst of The Beatles, since 2007.
21 May 2010
6.31pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4631

I have no idea where this comes from. I checked in Revolution Peru (the forum I "took" it from) but nobody in there knows. maybe from that docu Scorsese is doing?

BTW Can someone please write what George says? I understand the last part.. not the first one..

Edit  : It's not that I'm not able to understand. This is silly, but that video is like.. very sad for me. It's like watching an old friend. I've lost some friends from high school and my Mom, so I know the feeling. And well George never knew my name, but he is a part of my life. Silly yeah, but true.

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
22 May 2010
3.25pm
McLerristarr
A Place
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 255
24 May 2010
1.21am
Marcelo
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 482

mithveaen said:

I don't know why, but I felt a little hole in my heart when I saw it. I miss George…

That was so nice. Thanks for sharing it.

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition. John Lennon
31 May 2010
2.14am
Brother_Mustard
Newfoundland, Canada
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 6

McLerristarr said:

MrBig said:

Was George hindu?

Yes. He was a Hare Krishna. Although he didn't join one of those weird organisations where they where orange robes and shave their heads but leave pony tails. Not all Hindus are polytheistic though, he only believed in one god. Most religions are all pretty much the same, they all believe in
God. I don't see what they all bicker about. a-hard-days-night-paul-11
Within You Without You and The Inner Light are about George's spirituality. a-hard-days-night-george-5

Just as an addendum to your post, so is Long, Long, Long, atleast that's always been my understanding of it (imo, that's the best song that Georgie ever did)   :)
30 December 2010
6.32pm
kaleidoscope thighs
Thinking for myself.
The Jacaranda
Forum Posts: 30

mithveaen said:

Oh that was so sweet to see. I liked his little commentary about John, being naughty and not wearing his glasses. a-hard-days-night-john-3. "BLIND AS A BAAAT"

god I love his laugh, and the way he talks. a-hard-days-night-george-9

30 December 2010
8.02pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1036

McLerristarr said:

MrBig said:

Was George hindu?

Yes. He was a Hare Krishna. Although he didn't join one of those weird organisations where they where orange robes and shave their heads but leave pony tails. Not all Hindus are polytheistic though, he only believed in one god. Most religions are all pretty much the same, they all believe in God. I don't see what they all bicker about. a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Within You Without You and The Inner Light are about George's spirituality. a-hard-days-night-george-5

My understanding is that most Hindus are essentially monothestic, in the same way that Christians are- their gods are simply a different representation of the central god (like Jesus being part of a central God in Christianity).
And I neeeeeeeeed her all the time
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Necko
55 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17120

Ahhh Girl: 10726

Annadog40: 9698

Zig: 7531