Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

2005 Bangladesh reissue -- packaging
9 January 2014
4.14pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1047

I ordered a "like new" copy of the little orange 2005 Bangladesh reissue CD box.  The discs were horribly scuffed, probably due to the fact that the cardboard sleeves were too small to house the discs…which may be why the previous owner sold it back.

Is this a known problem with the set?  I don't want to keep buying more copies just to have the same problem.

"This Beatles talk bores me to death." --John Lennon

9 January 2014
6.40pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop

Surely someone owns this.

9 January 2014
6.44pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9296

I have the music but not the box so can't help – and no i didn't download it from anywhere.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
9 January 2014
7.00pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2968

I have it, bought new at the time, and my discs look fine – having just checked them for you. But, and it's a very big but, the actual discs have probably been removed no more than half-a-dozen times – maybe even only once. I get something, it goes on my hard drive, and gets listened to from there 99.99%. I couldn't even tell you the year I last looked at the box before hunting it out to take a look at the discs today!

Sorry I can't be of more help! paul-mccartney

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
9 January 2014
7.46pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop

mja6758 said
I have it, bought new at the time, and my discs look fine – having just checked them for you. But, and it's a very big but, the actual discs have probably been removed no more than half-a-dozen times – maybe even only once. I get something, it goes on my hard drive, and gets listened to from there 99.99%. I couldn't even tell you the year I last looked at the box before hunting it out to take a look at the discs today!

Thanks…at least I know now that there is no way my box was actually anything close to "like new"!

9 January 2014
9.07pm
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1644

Expert Textpert said

mja6758 said

Thanks…at least I know now that there is no way my box was actually anything close to "like new"!

Mine is pristine as well – but I bought it new locally.

As an aside, why oh why couldn't they include the full booklet from the old LP edition instead of a rehash of the booklet in the accompanying DVD release?  This was one of my favourite LP boxes back in the day – ah well, at least we get a nice bonus Dylan track and the Tambourine Man performance which is not on the DVD.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: HeyTrud, Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, Bulldog
52 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9296

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 4936

mithveaen: 4651

Ahhh Girl: 4585

Zig: 3752

Annadog40: 3655

Mr. Kite: 3317

Ron Nasty: 2968

fabfouremily: 2927

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2525

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3173

Newest Members: surfjabroni, SaxonMothersSon, HAWAIIBEATLESFAN, all8daysaweek, batbear

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4585), meanmistermustard (9296), Zig (3752), Joe (3418)

Administrators: Joe (3418), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: Filipe