1969 | Page 2 | Beatles pics | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

27 January 2012
6.49pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 11032

Paul's making out with Linda. Those Beatles were terrible influences.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
11 February 2013
2.31pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5775

Beatle Photo Blog posted a bunch of photos from '69, including ones taken by Yoko from her bed in the studio.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

11 February 2013
8.17pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4735

Very nice find, parlance.

One of the things I love about reading books that detail Beatles history is putting myself there in the scenes being described, wondering what it would have been like. Looking at the pics Yoko took from the bed in the studio really brings that scenario to life. Thanks very much for sharing.

yoko-ono_01

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

11 February 2013
8.34pm
meanmistermustard

Thanks for posting parlance. I like seeing the pics of when John is with them as i havent come across many at all, with where John was in '69 and knowing the band were at the end i find it a little more comforting when they are all together. Thats probably why i love the Tittenhurst August '69 pics and film so much.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
11 February 2013
10.23pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

Very welcome! The color and the amateur nature of these shots give them a more intimate feel than the B+W, birds-eye view I typically associate with Beatles-in-the-cavernous-studio shots.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

11 February 2013
10.42pm
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2266

Those are amazing!

I like the one of Yoko and Linda trying to be friendly and bond over some white wine.

I just want to play. I’d like to think I could work opposite Sinatra, B.B. King, the Beatles, or a polka band... - Jazz musician Rahsaan Roland Kirk, 1967
11 February 2013
11.04pm
meanmistermustard

I wonder if Linda and Yoko ever really find anything in common to talk about and if they did form some sort of friendship. I know that Paul and Linda dropped into the Dakota in the mid 70's but was it more its youre husbands mate so will make do for a couple of hours. Anyone know? Also was Linda at Johns LA house when they met up, i cant remember?

18 March 2013
6.53pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1443

Joe said
I love that last pic. It's fabulous. I believe Linda McCartney took it during the Abbey Road sessions.

I think it's more likely from the White Album sessions...Paul's hair is too short (it was longer in '69) and John began growing his beard right after the Get Back sessions (see the photos from the April '69 shoot where he has a short beard, but by August when the Abbey Road cover was shot, it was a big and bushy beard, and the sessions didn't begin in earnest until the spring, ~May).

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @blackbookblur

18 March 2013
9.46pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3349

This photograph was taken in London, 1968, according to

http://lindamccartneyphotograp.....-mccartney

Lennon and McCartney, London, 1968
© Linda McCartney
" />

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
19 March 2013
10.55am
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop

^that's what I thought, thanks!

3 April 2013
3.00am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

Flickbook at the official site for the Let It Be... Naked iTunes release.

parlance

3 April 2013
3.03am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1665

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Gahhh... stupid Internet Explorer. The site doesn't support IE.

Do you want to know a secret? Read my username backwards. ~ ~ ~ - - - . . . - - - ~ ~ ~ Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy...

☮ & <3

3 April 2013
3.06am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

That sucks. You'd think they'd make sure it was compatible with all major browsers. I was looking on Firefox, btw.

parlance

3 April 2013
3.07am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Yeah, really. What makes Internet Explorer different from other browsers so that certain things won't work? And I don't have any other browsers... paul-mccartney

Do you want to know a secret? Read my username backwards. ~ ~ ~ - - - . . . - - - ~ ~ ~ Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy...

☮ & <3

3 April 2013
9.23am
meanmistermustard

Nice to see all the bases were covered when this was getting done. a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

3 April 2013
10.32pm
unknown
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1237

Egroeg Evoli said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Yeah, really. What makes Internet Explorer different from other browsers so that certain things won't work? And I don't have any other browsers... paul-mccartney

I used to use Internet Explorer, but recently had to get Firefox because Photobucket does not work with IE (and many other sites like Tumblr made it slow, too); every time I would log on it would freeze up, and Firefox is just a lot faster.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
4 April 2013
12.40am
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3349

unknown said

Egroeg Evoli said

I used to use Internet Explorer, but recently had to get Firefox because Photobucket does not work with IE (and many other sites like Tumblr made it slow, too); every time I would log on it would freeze up, and Firefox is just a lot faster.

My laptop came with IE and Chrome preloaded. I went for Chrome as my default, but the past couple of months I found it increasingly crashing, and very slow. Downloaded Firefox about a month ago and, while still getting used to the differences, have to agree with Unknown that it is much faster.

It can be downloaded for free at

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
4 April 2013
1.28am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Thanks! :)

☮ & <3

1 August 2013
10.53pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

parlance said
Beatle Photo Blog posted a bunch of photos from '69, including ones taken by Yoko from her bed in the studio.

parlance

The POV photo with Yoko's feet has been making the rounds up as a "new" discovery due to its inclusion in the The Beatles and Me book, so just thought I'd mention that it's from this batch.

Also, the Meet the Beatles for Real blog did some detective work on the photos at the time, and that post is here.

They're both terrific photo blogs.

parlance

2 August 2013
1.10pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop

^yep. They're the two that I go to literally every day to see what's new. Fantastic blogs!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, georgiewood, The John
51 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 11032

mr. Sun king coming together: 6872

Ahhh Girl: 5989

parlance: 5775

Annadog40: 5251

Mr. Kite: 4807

Zig: 4735

mithveaen: 4646