Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

2 July 2013
4.38am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1873

This reminds me of the ones I found on tumblr yesteday…

Get your hand out of there…

Like seriously Paul, who the hell do you think you are?  ahdn_paul_01 So done with you. 

The following people thank LongHairedLady for this post:

Annadog40

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

18 July 2013
3.50am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5094

Today is the anniversary of the Yellow Submarine premiere. Fab Four FAQ 2.0 posted a color pic I'd never seen before, so reposting:

7/17/68 Yellow Submarine premiere

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

18 July 2013
5.06am
LongHairedLady
Apple rooftop

More chain pictures…  like what were the rest of them doing while this was happening?  

This must be when it started…

Oh Paul.  ahdn_paul_01a-hard-days-night-paul-7

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

22 July 2013
6.08am
LongHairedLady
Apple rooftop

I bought a book the other day that has a bunch of the "Mad Day Out" photos.  If only I could hook up that scanner….

22 July 2013
6.25am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

LongHairedLady said
I bought a book the other day that has a bunch of the "Mad Day Out" photos.  If only I could hook up that scanner….

The Don McCullin one? That's one of the first Beatle books I bought, I had to have it.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

22 July 2013
7.17am
LongHairedLady
Apple rooftop

parlance said
The Don McCullin one? That's one of the first Beatle books I bought, I had to have it.

parlance

That's the one!  

27 July 2013
10.12pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

Speaking of Mad Day Out, it's July 28 somewhere, so happy anniversary to the greatest Beatles photo shoot! :-D

Posted at the Fab Four FAQ 2.0:

parlance

10 September 2013
6.47am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

Found a great resource of Mad Day Out photos. According to the accompanying blog, 378 photos in all.

parlance

10 September 2013
1.27pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9699

Thank you Parlance. Bookmarked for later investigation.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
10 September 2013
1.54pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

You're welcome. I'm hoping to have time to dig into them this weekend.

parlance

10 September 2013
4.12pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1413

THANKS! The Mad Day Out is probably my favorite photo session of theirs, followed closely by the April 1969 session. I will definitely be checking this link out later…thanks again! :D

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @blackbookblur

10 September 2013
4.58pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4919

I'm off work today. Lucky me to have time to look through them now. So much to love here. Here are my top 3:

http://beatlesmadday.110mb.com…..s/653.html

http://beatlesmadday.110mb.com…..s/137.html

http://beatlesmadday.110mb.com…..s/539.html

I'm not sure how to make the pictures show instead of the links. #1 something funny just happened. So sweet to see them so happy like that. #2 in the flowers #3 John and Paul close up of their faces.

10 September 2013
6.22pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9699

Cool pics Parlance. The flowers location pics are some of my favourites from that day.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
12 February 2014
6.33pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

Not something you see every day – Paul with a confederate flag.

Here's the text from the site where I found it:

Just a quick pic random piece.  Throughout my obsessive research….(yeah….research… not obsession) about all things  rock and roll I have occasionally stumbled upon pictures that are either odd or just seldom seen.  Since I find them interesting I thought you might…

So, without any rhyme or reason….here are some of those.

Paul McCartney with a rebel flag outside of his London home in St. John’s Wood in 1968.  I’m sure a fan made him hold it, and I’m sure he really didn’t know what he was doing

parlance

28 March 2014
4.53am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3627

July 28, 1968

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love! If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
30 April 2014
11.52pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

From Meet the Beatles – more pics and info on Paul's "Dirty Weekend" in LA: 1 and 2

parlance

27 May 2014
3.38pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

Via The Examiner, about 125 previously unseen negatives are being auctioned off. They're labeled as coming from Magical Mystery Tour, but it looks like they're from the live-action sequence for Yellow Submarine. You can see the submarine cut-out in the first set:

parlance

29 July 2014
2.03am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

Happy anniversary to Mad Day Out!

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Zig

29 July 2014
1.44pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

Paul arriving at Wembley for the 1968 FA Cup final between Everton and West Bromwich Albion. A fan feels the need to touch his hair.

Although not a huge football fan, McCartney admitted in recent years that his family supported Everton, saying in a 2008 interview that 'if it comes to the crunch, then I’m an Evertonian'

parlance

29 July 2014
6.48pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4083

parlance said

Happy anniversary to Mad Day Out!

parlance

I was just reading Joe's features about this yesterday which prompted me to go to Google Images and found the whole thing fascinating. It's worth a look if you like that sort of thing. Start here and then follow the links to each additional location. Having the Google Images at the ready helps.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

parlance

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Zig, Annadog40, Mr. Kite, BeatleZak
52 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9699

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5094

Ahhh Girl: 4919

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4082

Annadog40: 4080

Mr. Kite: 3627

Ron Nasty: 3023

fabfouremily: 2934

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2588

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3162

Newest Members: mouse, ug3hp, tilt, JMF, Lovely_Rita40

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4919), meanmistermustard (9699), Zig (4082), Joe (3450)

Administrators: Joe (3450), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None