1950s and previous (including childhood pics) | Page 4 | Beatles pics | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

1950s and previous (including childhood pics)
15 September 2012
9.08pm
carezza
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 3

George

A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.
15 September 2012
9.25pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2931

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 These are brill. I've seen most of them before but it's so nice to look at them. Thanks for uploading!!!

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

25 September 2012
9.17pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4192

This one came from a site I stumbled upon that has some awesome pics. Here is the link to that site...

http://thateventuality.tumblr.com/

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

1 March 2013
2.37pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5185

BeatlesWiki posted a page in support of a theory that a bespeckled Paul is in a photo of a Quarrymen performance a few days earlier than the famed July 6, 1957 date.

Whether or not you believe that is Paul in that photo, the page has a good selection of pics of him wearing glasses.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

1 March 2013
3.33pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Wow, that certainly looks like him. I´ve never noticed before. And we all know Pauls memory is bad at the best of times...maybe they saw eachother before we all think they did...?

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

1 March 2013
3.39pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3089

I've always found the Rosebery Street photo interesting. I've often looked at it and found myself thinking, "That's Paul looking on there!" (Bottom right hand corner):

And then thinking, "Nah!"

Yes, it's 22 June 1957, but calling it, as the article does, "The Earliest Photograph of John Lennon and Paul McCartney Together" is slightly misleading. They can hardly be said to be "together" if it is Paul. All it adds is the possibility that 6 July was not the first time Paul saw The Quarrymen. An interesting photo, and one I have wondered about, but I don't think it contradicts the history about when John and Paul first met, and the first photo of them together, and not just in the same picture, comes from after they met.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
1 March 2013
3.50pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

No, I don´t think it really makes any difference to the 'Beatles history' if he did go and see The Quarrymen play that day, not really...I´m just wonderig, it would be something new to add if it is him. The chances of it actually being proved that it´s him and not some other guy who just looks like him (a lot of people about their age looked and dressed like that), are very small.

2 March 2013
3.13pm
bikelock28
Standing There
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 230

Hmmm, I don't think its Paul. he didn't wear glasses did he? (maybe he was being a hipster a-hard-days-night-paul-11)

I think that this is the first picture of Lennon and McCartney together. Or at least the first "official" one.

Image: Paul McCartney with Quarrymen

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

2 March 2013
8.35pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

Mmmm... did Paul ever wear glasses?

File:Mccartney-specs 1.jpg

File:Mccartney-specs 2.jpg

File:Mccartney-specs 3.jpg

File:Mccartney-specs 4.jpg

File:Mccartney-specs 7.jpg

I'm not too sure...

3 March 2013
11.18am
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Umm...yeah, he did. I'm still not convinced it's him though.

3 March 2013
1.51pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5185

fabfouremily said
No, I don´t think it really makes any difference to the 'Beatles history' if he did go and see The Quarrymen play that day, not really...I´m just wonderig, it would be something new to add if it is him. The chances of it actually being proved that it´s him and not some other guy who just looks like him (a lot of people about their age looked and dressed like that), are very small.

If it is him, I just find it of interest to have a photo of Paul as a spectator rather than a performer.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

3 March 2013
2.41pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

parlance said

fabfouremily said

If it is him, I just find it of interest to have a photo of Paul as a spectator rather than a performer.

parlance

Yeah, me too :)

4 March 2013
1.49am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

fabfouremily said
I'm still not convinced it's him though.

I'm not convinced it's him either, but I'm not sure it isn't. Here's a blow-up of that part of the picture:

Quarrymen-mccartney-detail.jpg

4 March 2013
5.40pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

mja6758 said

fabfouremily said

I'm not convinced it's him either, but I'm not sure it isn't. Here's a blow-up of that part of the picture:

It definitely could be. But I wouldn't bet money on it tho.

His nose looks very similiar in those two pictures but his ears look a little more rounded at the top in the 2nd one. Hey, you never know, maybe Paul ''died'' before everyone says he did and therefore the guy in the second picture isn't actually Paul at all but...Faul!! Would explain the ears :)

4 March 2013
6.57pm
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2224

Has Paul ever spoken about seeing the Quarrymen before the Woolton fete? Assuming he would remember such a thing.

In a weird way, I wonder how Paul would feel about the official Beatles myth being debunked - if it turned out that he and John's paths HAD crossed before 6 July 1957, however inadvertently. (Even though it still couldn't be described as a "meeting".)

I just want to play. I’d like to think I could work opposite Sinatra, B.B. King, the Beatles, or a polka band... - Jazz musician Rahsaan Roland Kirk, 1967
5 March 2013
6.49am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1873

mja6758 said

fabfouremily said

I don't think it's him, although it does resemble him.  I wouldn't totally rule it out though.  

I've tried to figure out if he wears glasses, and I'm still not sure.  In those 5 pictures you posted, the first one could be reading glasses, and the 3rd one could just be him trying someone else's on..  I can't say for sure.  In all the other pictures they are tinted..  maybe he was just being a douche-bag and wearing his sunglasses inside.  a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-paul-8

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

5 March 2013
6.59am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

Interesting to have another voice, and all us saying pretty much the same: Not willing to  say it's not. As to the glasses, they may not be prescription but sunglasses. Difficult to tell from the angle. But we all know Paul rode a bike at that time, because he rode it to go and meet John a couple of weeks later. Whoever it is in the picture, they do seem to be sitting on a bike (the position of the arms looks like holding handlebars).

5 March 2013
9.07pm
thewordislove94
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 198

I don't think that Paul needs glasses. Maybe he was wearing them as a Buddy Holly fan? I don't know. There's a chance that it could be a picture of Paul, but I don't think so.

"The world is a very serious and, at times, very sad place - but at other times it is all such a joke."-George Harrison
9 March 2013
7.31am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1873

I started the biography "Many Years From Now" and it describes what Paul wore that day:

"His white sports jacket had metallic threads which made the fabric sparkle.  With it he wore very tight drainpipe trousers." a-hard-days-night-paul-7

"His hair was brushed back from the forehead and set with Brylcreem in a Tony Curtis cut, known as a DA or a duck's arse."

Not sure if that helps much.  He does not mention any glasses...  Also it appears that in that picture, the shirt is white but the coat looks darker.

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

9 March 2013
3.46pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

He's talking about 6 July there, isn't he? Can't see where my copy is right now. However, he's probably talking about the same jacket, which could well be this one that he's seen wearing in 1957.

I wouldn't say the jacket presents a problem. It's the glasses that throw up the doubts.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, Into the Sky with Diamonds, Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, AbbeyRoadRage, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
64 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9847

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5185

Ahhh Girl: 5121

mithveaen: 4651

Annadog40: 4278

Zig: 4192

Mr. Kite: 3786