The Beatles cartoon series | Beatles films, television and radio | Fab forum

Please consider registering
Guest

Log In Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

  

— Match —

   

— Forum Options —

   

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The Beatles cartoon series
1 May 2010
2.01pm
DigaPony
The devil in YOUR heart.
The Top Ten Club
Forum Posts: 60
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

I have been watching the Beatles old cartoons and I seem to love them!!  Am I the only one? Has anyone else seen them? Is it worth Buying?a-hard-days-night-george-4

 

 

Thanks!! :)

But the fool on the hill Sees the sun going down heart
1 May 2010
2.16pm
Happy Nat
USA
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 166
Member Since:
27 April 2010
Offline

BeatleBaby18 said:

I have been watching the Beatles old cartoons and I seem to love them!!  Am I the only one? Has anyone else seen them? Is it worth Buying?a-hard-days-night-george-4

 

 

Thanks!! :)


 

You can see snippets from them on my website (I post one each Wednesday) at http://www.thebeatlesrarity.com. I think they are pretty cool too, in a nostalgic sort of way.a-hard-days-night-george-7

Bringing you the best and worst of The Beatles, since 2007.
2 May 2010
5.00am
McLerristarr
A Place
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 257
Member Since:
13 November 2009
Offline

I hate that cartoon. Worst accents ever. The Beatles didn't like it either when it first started. The songs are great obviously but other than that... I'm sure Ringo disliked the way he looked too.

2 May 2010
2.21pm
DigaPony
The devil in YOUR heart.
The Top Ten Club
Forum Posts: 60
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

Interesting.  I always found the accents pretty pretty pretty off, but I still enjoyed them because the cleaver comedy in it.

But the fool on the hill Sees the sun going down heart
7 July 2010
8.59pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2776
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline

McLerristarr said:

I hate that cartoon. Worst accents ever. The Beatles didn't like it either when it first started. The songs are great obviously but other than that… I'm sure Ringo disliked the way he looked too.


Yeah, I nearly DIED when I saw it. I mean, they use so many "Americanisms" that it is not funny. (Disclaimer: I'm not British.) When Matt Groening wanted to include Ringo in an episode of The Simpsons, he asked him if he wanted to be depicted like he was in the American TV series, or "Yellow Submarine." He went with "Yellow Submarine." I would too. a-hard-days-night-ringo-4
 

And the premises of the episodes frequently have NOTHING TO DO with the ACTUAL SONGS. Just take any of the songs from Beatles for Sale, if you dare. "Baby's in Black" and "Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby" are the worst offenders. 

I could go on for hours. 

And seriously, folks. DOES RINGO REALLY HAVE TO BE THAT SHORT? (!?!?!?!?!?!?!)

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

7 July 2010
9.53pm
Happy Nat
USA
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 166
Member Since:
27 April 2010
Offline

The themes of the stories and the way they fit the songs were a bit of a stretch at times but keep in mind these were for (American) kids.

The Beatles understandlably were not too amused with the series but what American kid would understand the authentic accents?

I think they are amusing in their own way, and are a reminder of the struggle to get as many Beatle things into the mainstream media as possible in these Beatly-times. I wish I would've been just a few years older back then. Accurate? No. Juvenile and cute? Yes. Which is important for the intended audience?

Bringing you the best and worst of The Beatles, since 2007.
7 July 2010
10.15pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4651
Member Since:
1 May 2010
Offline

Actually my favorite episode (so far) is when the Beatles travel to the past and to avoid being killed by the Mayas (or Aztecs or whatever) they sing Tomorrow Never Knows. To me, that's the official video for that song.

 

I want to go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajin

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie…… Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower… Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go. Beware of Darkness…  I believe in SH...
7 July 2010
10.50pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2776
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline

"Taxman" is actually pretty funny. 

Happy Nat said:

The themes of the stories and the way they fit the songs were a bit of a stretch at times but keep in mind these were for (American) kids.

The Beatles understandlably were not too amused with the series but what American kid would understand the authentic accents?

I think they are amusing in their own way, and are a reminder of the struggle to get as many Beatle things into the mainstream media as possible in these Beatly-times. I wish I would've been just a few years older back then. Accurate? No. Juvenile and cute? Yes. Which is important for the intended audience?


Happy Nat, stop being so RIGHT. Honestly. 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

8 July 2010
1.32am
Happy Nat
USA
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 166
Member Since:
27 April 2010
Offline

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

"Taxman" is actually pretty funny. 

Happy Nat said:

The themes of the stories and the way they fit the songs were a bit of a stretch at times but keep in mind these were for (American) kids.

The Beatles understandlably were not too amused with the series but what American kid would understand the authentic accents?

I think they are amusing in their own way, and are a reminder of the struggle to get as many Beatle things into the mainstream media as possible in these Beatly-times. I wish I would've been just a few years older back then. Accurate? No. Juvenile and cute? Yes. Which is important for the intended audience?


Happy Nat, stop being so RIGHT. Honestly.
 

 

Mrs. Mustard, you are so "Mean"! :)

Bringing you the best and worst of The Beatles, since 2007.
10 July 2010
12.32am
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2776
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline
10

Me? Mean? a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

But they really should have made Ringo a BIT taller....

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

10 July 2010
1.15am
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1108
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline
11

I hated it personally, and so did the beatles. Ringo and George liked Chains i think...

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
11 July 2010
4.32am
Happy Nat
USA
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 166
Member Since:
27 April 2010
Offline
12

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

Me? Mean? a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

But they really should have made Ringo a BIT taller....


 

I like how he said "hu-hu-hu...yeeeaaah!" all the time. Yes, he was a bit short. Everything was exagerated (especially Ringo's nose) but that is the crux of animation, no? I think my least favorite thing about the series were those blue suits they always wore.

Bringing you the best and worst of The Beatles, since 2007.
11 July 2010
4.41am
skye
AZ
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2287
Member Since:
13 November 2009
Offline
13

Has any one tried re-dubbing it?

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!
11 July 2010
4.57am
A Fiendish Thingy
By the banks of her own lagoon
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 377
Member Since:
27 March 2010
Offline
14

Oh my goodness, I *LOVE* cartoon Ringo. He's so adorable! a-hard-days-night-ringo-6 There's one song, I forgot which, where they're all dancing, and Paul, John, and George are synchronized, but Ringo's just trailing along doing whatever he wants. a-hard-days-night-john-6 It's so cute!

I'm in love, but I'm lazy.
11 July 2010
1.28pm
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1108
Member Since:
4 April 2010
Offline
15

Ringo's nose need's to be a little smaller too.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
11 July 2010
5.28pm
Happy Nat
USA
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 166
Member Since:
27 April 2010
Offline
16

A Fiendish Thingy said:

Oh my goodness, I *LOVE* cartoon Ringo. He's so adorable! a-hard-days-night-ringo-6 There's one song, I forgot which, where they're all dancing, and Paul, John, and George are synchronized, but Ringo's just trailing along doing whatever he wants. a-hard-days-night-john-6 It's so cute!


 

You may already be aware of this but, just in case, I post a mini-episode of The Beatles Cartoon each Wednesday on TheBeatlesRarity.com. Here's a link to what cartoons are posted so far. Beatles Cartoons. There are more on YouTube, but I hope to eventually have them all together in one place on my site.

Bringing you the best and worst of The Beatles, since 2007.
11 July 2010
10.46pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2776
Member Since:
9 June 2010
Offline

Happy Nat said:

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

Me? Mean? a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

But they really should have made Ringo a BIT taller….


 

I like how he said "hu-hu-hu…yeeeaaah!" all the time. Yes, he was a bit short. Everything was exagerated (especially Ringo's nose) but that is the crux of animation, no? I think my least favorite thing about the series were those blue suits they always wore.


That was my VERY LEAST FAVORITE PART! (The "he he he he yeah"s, that is.) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

27 July 2010
11.45pm
emmybear
Casbah Coffee Club
Forum Posts: 20
Member Since:
25 July 2010
Offline
18

My dad was a little boy (ok not THAT little, maybe like 10 or something...) and he still likes to watch episodes on Youtube...I had to show him how to use Youtube first thougha-hard-days-night-john-7

It was made for American kiddies, so they probably wouldn't quite get the accents, And yes, Ringo's nose should be a bit smaller, but you can't change the past, am I right?

This was also made in the 1960's (I believe) so the cartoon was still somewhat in the early days of cartoons on the Tellie (I've always wanted to say that lol) and it probably won't be as good to us who are born loving and knowing Spongebob and stuff on Nick. However I do love a good "Mr. Peabody & Sherman" and "Top Cat" every now & again a-hard-days-night-george-8

Sometimes I wish I had a big yellow submarine...
18 August 2010
6.04pm
Mrs. Taxman
The marketplace
Decca
Forum Posts: 87
Member Since:
18 August 2010
Offline
19

i actually love it. almost every episode made me laugh.

"Fighting for peace is like f—ing for virginity." John Lennon
18 August 2010
6.08pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Moderator



Forum Posts: 4209
Member Since:
14 April 2010
Offline
20

Welcome to the forum, Mrs. Taxman.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, Mr. Kite, Bongo, Rigbys quartet
62 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9917

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5202

Ahhh Girl: 5174

mithveaen: 4651

Annadog40: 4323

Zig: 4209

Mr. Kite: 3827

Ron Nasty: 3096

fabfouremily: 2931

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2631

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3158

Posts: 136159

Newest Members: idiglove, PtakieChan, TheNumberNine, Another Paul

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5174, meanmistermustard: 9917, Zig: 4209, Joe: 3465

Administrators: Joe: 3465, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: YouLoseAndIWin