Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Let It Be in 2013
18 October 2011
11.49am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hurray!!! The stories are back.  Just when you thought it was safe to accept it would never be released Michael Lindsay-Hoog, the Let It Be director, has said on a radio interview that Let It Be has been worked on over the last few years and the dvd could be out in 2013, with a second making of disc loaded with outtakes.

This will be after a 2 disc reissue of Magical Mystery Tour .

Believe this if you wish, but i can see certainly Olivia being against it (keeping with George's stance) and Paul and Ringo dont want it out i cannot see it being issued, certainly without it being heavily re-edited. Yoko could easily say its a piece of art that shows the beatles in a period where they are together in their separateness and that now John would want it out because its real.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

18 October 2011
2.43pm
Into the Sky with Diamonds
New York
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1979

If I were one of the Beatles, I'm not sure I'd want it out.

But it'll come out again eventually – it's an important historical piece.

But no one is shown in a great light – literally and figuratively.

[The movie shows you why actors need make up.]

"Into the Sky with Diamonds" (the Beatles and the Race to the Moon – a history)

18 October 2011
3.08pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5694

I’m not so bothered about it being reissued (though it’d be nice to have), but I would like to see the outtakes/unused footage. I’ve Got A Feeling ML-H wasn’t allowed to include any scenes that didn’t feature The Beatles, so there’s a lot of good stuff that had to be left on the shelf.

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

18 October 2011
6.11pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

I find it odd that any Beatle or loved one would object to it being released. I mean, what's the big secret? a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

18 October 2011
9.16pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402

a-hard-days-night-paul-6That they were complete assholes?

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

18 October 2011
9.51pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Paul and Ringo see the movie as portraying the beatles in a negative manner, ie not promoting the idea of happy pleasing lovable beatles, instead seeing them argue, moan, and look incredibly bored. Paul looks bossy, George wants out, John stoned, Ringo wondering what on earth they are doing in the middle of a stage in Twickenham, and Yoko an imposter. There are some nice moments tho; the rooftop scenes, George helping Ringo on Octopus's Garden, John and Paul singing Two of Us. All 4 have bad memories of that period and not only looking back 10/20 years later. Even in 1970 soon after its release George was saying he wouldnt ever go and see it as he hated the whole period and John slated the material recorded.

The film cut many scenes of Yoko as Paul, George and Ringo thought she was in it too much, along with a segment where John, Paul, Ringo and Yoko are jamming, recorded after George had quit.

I'd be happy with the complete rooftop concert as the bonus disc.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

19 October 2011
1.34am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621

Now that's great news! I always thought this was going to be released when all the Beatles were gone…

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

19 October 2011
1.29pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

mr. Sun king coming together said:

a-hard-days-night-paul-6That they were complete assholes?

That's a secret?

The movie was originally released on the big screen for God and everybody to see, a zillion (seems like it anyway) books have been written about the fact that they were not angels and you can't swing a dead Blue Meanie around the internet without seeing something written or a video about it.

Throughout all of that they remain to this day one of the best selling artists. I hope this does come out – I'd love to have it.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

7 December 2011
4.33pm
johnnymain
Coatbridge, Scotland
The Star-Club
Members
Forum Posts: 70

I'll only believe this when I have an officially Apple licenced DVD in my hand.  There's been so much said about the release of “Let It Be ” on DVD that it's just dragging on and on.

They should either announce it and release it, or give out a statement saying “…this will never be released on DVD/Bluray…” so we know either way.

"Never guess. Unless you have to. There's enough uncertainty in the universe as it is."

http://www.metaltalk.net for Daily Metal News, Reviews and Opinions

7 December 2011
8.31pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

They cant say it will never be released as who knows what will happen in 2021. However i dont see it being released in the near future, maybe in 2020 for its 50th anniversary- but considering its Apple we will probably get some nice ornaments and a duvet cover.

7 December 2011
9.02pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141

If Paul and Ringo were against it being released, then why would they even bother working on it?

If this is true, then I'm looking forward to it coming out, as well as MMT. The versions we have at my house are pretty bad.a-hard-days-night-john-2

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

7 December 2011
9.51pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

I would think Apple people or people hired by Apple will work on it to make it presentable to Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia for release at certain times. Its then up to all four to either agree to its release or it will be blocked. Do United Artists still have a say in the film?

A few products over the years have been compiled but ultimately rejected by Apple. One example being a White Album box set for its 40th anniversary with a handful of bonus tracks. Instead we got the legendary, at least to me, limited edition expensive White Album pen. Plus all the other crap, sorry, merchandise that has been officially licensed over the years.

7 December 2011
11.43pm
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1327

I'm with Joe that I want to see the stuff that was left out. I'd watch it all to be honest, despite the fact that they don't come off as liking each other a whole lot, you're still watching the four Beatles and Billy Preston put together an album which is still cool, no matter what the circumstances are. I think it would be the best tool to figure out how the breakup really went down. All we have now is one persons opinion or another, I'd be nice to see it though. If the Beatles are like a movie or a play, I still feel like the ending could be presented to the audience a bit more clearly.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

8 December 2011
3.50pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5446

You could make the argument that it kinda makes Paul et al look retroactively worse  by keeping this stuff under wraps – like they think they have something to hide, rather than just “Hey, we were young men then and full of ego, but we're over it now and consequently have no problem with presenting all this stuff.” It's not like the potential audience – us – isn't already aware of whatever unpleasantness may be on display.

I wanna see all that extra stuff too!

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

8 December 2011
11.10pm
BeatleMania99
The Jacaranda
Members
Forum Posts: 30

I'm hoping they do release the movie on DVD, since the VHS version looks very grainy. It would also be interesting to see the outtakes and extra footage . However, I'm siding with meanmistermustard, as I don't think it will be released soon. I think the time that it will be released is when – shiver- all the Beatles are gone.

9 December 2011
10.10am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5694

I completely disagree. The DVDs of AHDN , Help ! and YS have been around for years. As far as I know only the first of those has been issued on Blu-Ray, and even then I don't think it's available here in the UK – you have to import it. They're missing a trick by not reissuing these films – and the promo films, the Maysles movie, Shea Stadium etc.

And if they're going to re-release AHDN , H! and YS, it's the (post-Aspinall) Apple way to come up with an elaborate reissue plan rather than just put them out. There'll be a whole media circus. And what's the best way to sell get people interested in three  Beatles films they probably already own? Put out Let It Be and Magical Mystery Tour at around the same time, and encourage people to buy the whole set. From a commercial point of view it makes absolute sense.

Actually, Michael Lindsay-Hogg indicated that MMT would be coming out first, which kind of ruins my theory, but let's ignore that for now.

As for all the stuff about the White Album fountain pen etc, that was Neil Aspinall basically being crap about licensing Beatles products. He undoubtedly did great things for the group, but towards the end he seemed to have a policy of saying no to mostly everything. They must have lost millions over the years by not remastering the CDs sooner.

Since Jeff Jones took over at Apple in 2007 they've been far more proactive about getting things to the fans – not just the remasters (Beatles, Lennon, Apple) but also the explosion of spin-off stuff at the Apple store (some good, some bad), Rock Band etc. The guy's clearly got his priorities right. I'd say now is probably the best time to be a Beatles fan since the Anthology period – they're mining this stuff for commercial opportunities and it'd be extremely remiss if they ignored the films.

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

11 December 2011
1.01am
BeatlesLover4Ever96
Penny Lane
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 10

I'm definately not letting my hopes get too high,the date will probably keep being pushed later and later until they “forget” all about it.Though I'm not going to lie,I'm wishing and hoping so badly that it really does get released!

"Why in the world are we here?Surely not to live in pain and fear" – John

11 December 2011
1.37am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

I was a little surprised that there was no real promotion campaign to launch the beatles on itunes. It was all rather quiet and then it all exploded when it came out. There were a few rumours but nothing like most beatles releases.

11 December 2011
11.55am
JaiGuruDevaOm
Amy
The Top Ten Club
Members
Forum Posts: 64

I heard about this a few months back and I heard that they are going to re-release MMT. Hope they do because I don't own MMT (I find it incredibly difficult to find. The only place I could find it was when I went to Liverpool in the summer)

See All Without Looking, Do All Without Doing 

18 May 2012
12.10pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Beatles Examiner reports that in a recent interview Ringo said that whilst Let It Be will be released at some point there are no plans at the moment and its not being discussed. No real surprise and would he tell us if there were anyway.

Ringo also  discussed new projects. ““Everything that the Beatles ever did, that we were involved in, is out. What isn’t out?” But asked about all the Beatles’ unreleased concerts on bootlegs,  he said, “Well, there’s the Hollywood Bowl, Shea, what else is there?””.

Which brought to to mind Monty Pythons ‘What Did The Romans Ever Do For Us’ sketch from The Life of Brian.

“Apart from:

Shea

Hollywood Bowl

Promos

Christmas Fan Club Messages

Unplugged ’68 demo’s

Film and Studio Outtakes

Let It Be dvd

& the Complete Rooftop Concert,

what else is there that isnt out there already?”

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694