Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
'1+' - Official Promo Films + 2015 Remixed CD
30 September 2015
3.35pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

We could all have a party at my house and watch it.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

trcanberra, Bongo, Ahhh Girl

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

30 September 2015
3.41pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182

Nay! We shall hold a Grand Screening at the Beatles Bible house, of course! 

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

30 September 2015
3.48pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24959

As said before i dont watch a lot of DVD’s, dont even have a DVD player set up, and so I dont know if I would ever feel the urge to watch it often. So like others I will buy it (in my case the 2 x blu-ray + cd) but will probably wait until its on sale somewhere in the distant future as i will also need to buy a blu-ray player. Plus i’ll wait for the reviews in case Apple dont slip some nasties in – like all the promo’s run 10 seconds short so they can re-release it complete in 2017 in conjunction with the latest exclusive official Beatles apple duster or gold tipped pencil eraser caps. 

I dont own ‘Help !’, ‘Yellow Submarine ‘ or ‘Magical Mystery Tour ‘ on DVD and I bought the most recent ‘A Hard Day’s Night ‘ double DVD set for £1 in a charity shop months after it was released. Last DVD I watched was at least 18 months ago.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 October 2015
6.15pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

ITV press release for ‘The Nation’s Favourite Beatles Number One’ which will air towards the end of the year to promote the release of ‘1+’.

The Nation’s Favourite Beatles Number One

The Beatles were a musical sensation like no other. Since exploding onto the music scene in the early 60s, the band has had an unparalleled musical and cultural impact on Britain and the world for over fifty years.

The Nation’s Favourite Beatles Number One will tell the stories behind some of the greatest Beatles songs ever. With interviews from Beatles’ insiders including musicians, friends, fellow performers and celebrity fans, we’ll hear about the stories behind the Fab Four’s best-loved hits.

These are the stories behind the 27 songs that reached number one here and in the U.S – from She Loves You to Let it Be – as the show hears from the people who were there to witness in person the extraordinary rise and rise of The Beatles.

Across 120 minutes, this prime-time celebration of the biggest and most influential band the world has ever seen uses archive from a number of sources, including rare and exclusive footage from the Beatles’ company Apple Corps.

Produced by Shiver, ‘The Nation’s Favourite’ format has previously counted down the hits of musical sensations and genres including Abba, Elvis, Queen, and Motown.

The Nation’s Favourite Beatles Number One is commissioned for ITV by Priya Singh, Commissioning Editor, Factual and Richard Klein, Director of Factual.

Commissioning Editor Priya Singh said: “The Beatles are a band that have defined popular culture and music for decades and so we’re thrilled to be celebrating their hits on ITV. Everyone’s got a favourite Beatles number one – but which is yours and which will be the nation’s?”

The programme is executive produced by Mark Robinson and produced by Stephen McGinn and John Piper.

Executive Producer Mark Robinson said: “The Beatles have had more number one singles in the UK than any other band. It’s a tough call to even start predicting what might be voted the nation’s favourite.

“It’s extraordinary to think that The Beatles’ output changed so dramatically within seven years – these are 27 songs that chart that extraordinary Revolution in popular music”.

All the songs from the programme feature on the brand new CD/DVD and CD/Blu-ray releases of The Beatles 1 and the deluxe edition The Beatles 1+. A visual rundown of The Beatles’ number one records, The Beatles 1 pairs beautifully restored videos for each song with brand new audio mixes. The Beatles 1+ includes additional bonus material of over 200 minutes of promotional films and videos.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 October 2015
6.29pm
Bongo
Somewhere In Time
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1916

meanmistermustard said
ITV press release for ‘The Nation’s Favourite Beatles Number One’ which will air towards the end of the year to promote the release of ‘1+’.

I hope you can find a way to put it on youtube for us…..a-hard-days-night-ringo-4

Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-7.52.07-PM.png   BEATLES Music gives me Eargasms!  apple01

1 October 2015
6.31pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Bongo said

meanmistermustard said

I hope you can find a way to put it on youtube for us…..a-hard-days-night-ringo-4

Not got a clue where to begin with that. Sorry. 

1 October 2015
9.20pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

Expert Textpert said

Texas in November sounds nice and warm. Let’s do it. I’ll bring a batch of Velvet Elvis cookies.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Ahhh Girl

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

1 October 2015
9.30pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members

Zig said

Expert Textpert said

Texas in November sounds nice and warm. Let’s do it. I’ll bring a batch of Velvet Elvis cookies.

Sounds like a plan.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

Zig, trcanberra

2 October 2015
7.55am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Another place where the video’s may appear is the tv music channels who would love to show the Beatles in whatever way Apple allowed – very very very very occasionally you might come across ‘Free As A Bird ‘ at number 1 on a rundown of the greatest acts in music ever. Years ago the oldies stations were filled with Abba when they released their promo’s, same as when Paul and John released their music videos. So may be an idea to keep an eye out on those for special programmes.

A few years back on one of the MTV channels a 30 minute Beatles show was listed on the Sky planner schedule for broadcast at some stupid hour of the night so i set the box to record. No idea if Apple got involved and stopped it but upon viewing it was discovered the videos were definitely not Beatles. a-hard-days-night-paul-3blue-meanie

2 October 2015
9.04am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5692

I don’t know how well known Adam Buxton is outside the UK. He’s a very funny guy who runs BUG, events in which he shows amusing and interesting videos, along with commentary, guests etc. It’s better than that might sound.

He’s doing a BUG Beatles special on Tuesday 3 November at the BFI, London. I’d go if I could.

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

2 October 2015
9.14am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

I’d go to that if I lived in London and was able to but neither apply. Really like Buxton’s humour.

2 October 2015
10.01am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin

Me too. Ellie binged on BUG videos when she was on maternity leave. Dr Buckles (Buxton) also voices and sings the theme tune to Messy Goes To OKIDO on CBeebies, which my son loves but which has the most maddeningly catchy theme tune in the world. It buzzes round my head all day, so it’s only right that I share it with the rest of you.

Sorry, note to self:

stay-on-topic

2 October 2015
10.05am
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members

That video can’t be viewed in the USA–too bad!

2 October 2015
10.22am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin

Might be a BBC rights restriction. I’ve replaced it with another upload. If that doesn’t work consider yourself lucky 🙂

The following people thank Joe for this post:

trcanberra

2 October 2015
10.42am
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members

Joe said

Might be a BBC rights restriction. I’ve replaced it with another upload. If that doesn’t work consider yourself lucky 🙂

Yes, that one worked. I can see how that could easily get stuck in one’s head.

2 October 2015
7.10pm
Bongo
Somewhere In Time
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1916

Joe said
Me too. Ellie binged on BUG videos when she was on maternity leave. Dr Buckles (Buxton) also voices and sings the theme tune to Messy Goes To OKIDO on CBeebies, which my son loves but which has the most maddeningly catchy theme tune in the world. It buzzes round my head all day, so it’s only right that I share it with the rest of you.

Oh my god Joe, the stuff that comes out of the UK. Whats next, bands named after bugs???? brian-epstein

The following people thank Bongo for this post:

Ahhh Girl

Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-7.52.07-PM.png   BEATLES Music gives me Eargasms!  apple01

6 October 2015
3.16pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

A positive report on the upcoming ‘1+’ release over at showbiz 411 including

By the way, the sound– it’s very much like the “new” sound in those Quincy Jones AKG headphones I wrote about some time ago. It’s like a veil has been lifted. It’s not just clarity, but warmth and texture. Stereophiles call it “imaging.”

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Zig

6 October 2015
4.01pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221

Here’s Ringo’s answer to an interview question about the release.

“1+,” a DVD and Blu-ray collection of 50 promotional and performance videos by The Beatles, goes on sale next month. Looking back at those videos, do you have a particular favorite?

The one live performance I really love is from The David Frost Show, (“Hey Jude “), where all the kids in the back are singing along (sings) “Nah nah nah nah nah nah…” That was really cool. And I love “Strawberry Fields,” where we were painting the piano – we were just making it up that time – and Paul went up a tree. It was a magical thing. In “Penny Lane ,” they put us on horses. We had never seen a live horse where we came from. (laughs)

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Zig, trcanberra
8 October 2015
1.12pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Apple certainly know how to hype.

“Watch Part 1 of our five part series about the restoration and remastering process” which tells you nothing about the restoration and remastering process.

trcanberra, Bongo

13 October 2015
5.38am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

The first official print ad for ‘1+’ is out report wogblog.

poster_1.jpgImage Enlarger

poster_1_ad.pngImage Enlarger

If anyone doesnt recognise the picture used of the Beatles its the same one from the ‘Real Love ‘ single and the 2006 ‘Capitol Albums Volume 2’.

Looks like a cheap knockoff. Every expense spared, every penny spared on getting something decent. Apple must have plashed out for the fancy hobnobs at their latest board meeting.

trcanberra

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery, pmolsen, thebeatlesshow
Moderators: Joe: 5692, meanmistermustard: 24959, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5692