Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
'1+' - Official Promo Films + 2015 Remixed CD
16 September 2015
10.25am
castironshore
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 244
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

That could be a very nice birthday present if i can persuade the mrs.

16 September 2015
2.05pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

I dont watch DVDS very often at all, never get the desire, so this is a new one for me. It looks amazing, despite the few missing promos, but will i ever watch it? And i’d need to get a blu-ray player.

Going back to the TV special in the UK, Wogblogs latest article includes the following text

ITV in Great Britain is going to screen a 2 hour long programme called “Nation’s Favourite Beatles”, where the favourite Beatles song of Great Britain will be selected by viewer votes.

Its generally celebs popping up and chatting about the songs whilst clips of the promo’s occasionally fill the screen and the track plays.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Wigwam

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

16 September 2015
2.22pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213

Joe said
(snip)
They’re also not averse to re-creating some of the original sounds. I know there’s a discussion elsewhere on the forum about them using a clean BBC recording of Ki

Here are two places you mentioned the King Lear bit, Joe.

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..or/#p51015

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..2/#p159507

A nice quote about it posted by mmm: https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..-2/#p49989

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Joe
16 September 2015
2.37pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

It looks great but I don’t think I’ll be getting it this Christmas as my list is only at €30 at the moment and I’d prefer for it not to jump to €80 because of this”, that and I’m sans Blu-Ray player as well so a-hard-days-night-paul-7

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

16 September 2015
2.43pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

I know I probably shouldn’t, but the title of this thread is wrong. The contents of the CD are remixed, not remastered. The remastered ‘1’ has already been released.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Expert Textpert

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

16 September 2015
2.46pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

@AppleScruffJunior  said
It looks great but I don’t think I’ll be getting it this Christmas as my list is only at €30 at the moment and I’d prefer for it not to jump to €80 because of this”, that and I’m sans Blu-Ray player as well so a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I’ll be getting it on DVD, and very happy to. Still not biting on Blu-Ray myself.

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

16 September 2015
3.15pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5011

Yes, you can even buy the DVD-only version, no CD included.

ie=UTF8&qid=1442434649&sr=1-2

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

16 September 2015
5.17pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064

And now I’m thinking about how great The Beatles will sound in surround. I’ve got the Love bonus DVD in 5.1 but I’ve never had the means to play it. I might have to invest in a home cinema setup.”

And @Joe it will likely be well worth the money. I have some surround remixes of Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield off a bonus disk on one of his albums and they are just astonishing compared to the original.

Same for the bluray for those on the fence – if you have a HD TV or a projector the difference from DVD is like the difference between the originals of some of these clips and the restoration.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

16 September 2015
5.43pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Ron Nasty said
I know I probably shouldn’t, but the title of this thread is wrong. The contents of the CD are remixed, not remastered. The remastered ‘1’ has already been released.

I took it from an Examiner article:

A 2015 edition remixed and remastered “1” CD will replace the original with new stereo mixes. In 2000, 27 number one songs were collected for the original The Beatles “1,” which topped the charts in 35 countries and became that decade’s bestselling album worldwide. 

Remixed is missing tho and so has been added.

A more cynical article on the release from completemusicupdate.com.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

16 September 2015
8.15pm
Bongo
Somewhere In Time
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1916

meanmistermustard said
I dont watch DVDS very often at all, never get the desire, so this is a new one for me. It looks amazing, despite the few missing promos, but will i ever watch it? And i’d need to get a blu-ray player.

Do it mmm.  You know you want to.  Besides you can’t turn down a Beatles re-re-release, can you????

At the very least it’ll be a good excuse to buy a Blu Ray player that have come down in price. apple01

The following people thank Bongo for this post:

trcanberra

Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-7.52.07-PM.png   BEATLES Music gives me Eargasms!  apple01

16 September 2015
9.43pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members

Which promos are missing?

16 September 2015
10.22pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

@Expert Textpert The Beatles often produced different promos for different markets. For instance, 23 November 1965 saw them produce 10 different promo films for 5 different songs. Not all are included here.

Another example would be Hey Jude . The first DVD/BR contains one version, while the second DVD/BR contains a version newly edited together from the other two versions. Revolution  there are two different versions, only one on the DVD.

No songs with promo films are missed, but this is far from a complete set of the promo films (but, I should add, and in my opinion, a sensible commercial release).

It would be easy to go through the whole list and name each and every missing one, but you get the idea.

Joe, Expert Textpert, Bongo

17 September 2015
6.00am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5691

@Expert Textpert – MMM posted a WogBlog link upthread which goes into fairly exhaustive detail about what what was included or left out.

http://wogew.blogspot.co.uk/20…..les-1.html

The following people thank Joe for this post:

Expert Textpert, Ron Nasty, meanmistermustard

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

17 September 2015
7.56am
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members

Thanks. I guess I’d better hang on to my bootleg DVD so I can compare the contents.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

Bongo

17 September 2015
9.06am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Of course, until someone’s got their grubby mitts on the actual set, we do not know if some of the missing promos might be included as “Easter eggs”.

Bongo

17 September 2015
12.40pm
Bongo
Somewhere In Time
Candlestick Park
Members

Expert Textpert said
Thanks. I guess I’d better hang on to my bootleg DVD so I can compare the contents.

I’m gladly doing the same with my Bootleg Blu Rays.  No rush! a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-7.52.07-PM.png   BEATLES Music gives me Eargasms!  apple01

18 September 2015
2.19pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Paul has been speaking to the magazine Uncut about the forthcoming release 

“We’ve got all visuals associated with the hits on the album, 1,” he tells us. “All the music videos, and where there isn’t a music video – they’ve made some up! Which is brilliant. They’ve found footage.”

“‘Hey, Bulldog’ is to die for, as my wife would say,” McCartney continues. “It’s great, because there happened to be a camera crew there filming The Beatles at EMI while we were doing ‘Lady Madonna ’. They were going to film a little bit of that, but they stayed and we got onto ‘Hey, Bulldog’. It’s great, and it all fits with the record because they filmed the take we used.”

During all the promotion someone should ask what took them so fucking long to get it out. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

trcanberra

18 September 2015
5.29pm
Bongo
Somewhere In Time
Candlestick Park
Members

meanmistermustard said

During all the promotion someone should ask what took them so fucking long to get it out. 

You do realize with this re-release Beatles 1 in “surround sound”, there gonna have to re-release the whole catalogue ins surround sound.  So much for how much people got horny over the MONO release. paul-mccartney

18 September 2015
5.33pm
Bongo
Somewhere In Time
Candlestick Park
Members

meanmistermustard said
Paul has been speaking to the magazine Uncut about the forthcoming release 

“‘Hey, Bulldog’ is to die for, as my wife would say,” McCartney continues. “It’s great, because there happened to be a camera crew there filming The Beatles at EMI while we were doing ‘Lady Madonna ’. They were going to film a little bit of that, but they stayed and we got onto ‘Hey, Bulldog’. It’s great, and it all fits with the record because they filmed the take we used.”

The Lady Madonna video is the exact same footage from Hey Bulldog . They just used the Hey Bulldog video footage and added it to the Lady Madonna soundtrack.

This stuff has been out for years on unofficial DVD/Blu Ray, it’s about fucking time is right!!!!! a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

18 September 2015
6.03pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Bongo said

meanmistermustard said

You do realize with this re-release Beatles 1 in “surround sound”, there gonna have to re-release the whole catalogue ins surround sound.  So much for how much people got horny over the MONO release. paul-mccartney

Folk are already foaming at the mouth at the thought of the whole catalogue being remixed. A load of bands have done it, its only natural for Apple to eventually follow suit. I hope we get things like the ‘Let It Be ‘ movie, unbooted outtakes etc before it happens but i doubt it. 

Next up should be whatever the Live project consists of and then we enter the 50th anniversary of ‘Pepper’ which i doubt Apple will ignore. Maybe thats when the remixes will come out – “‘Pepper’ as you’ve never heard it and then the others quickly follow.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691