Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
'1+' - Official Promo Films + 2015 Remixed CD
15 September 2015
12.39pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Would fit either here or in the CD thread, a toss of a coin.

As announced on the Beatles website this will be released on the 6th November.

Beatles 1+ Deluxe Editions

The Beatles’ Videos and Top Hits Come Together for the First Time

All-New Editions of The Beatles 1 Pair Beautifully Restored Promotional Films and Videos with Brand New Stereo and Surround Audio Mixes.

• Newly restored and expanded
  • New stereo and 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS HD surround audio mixes
  • Over 200 minutes through 50 promotional films and videos
  • The 1+ Deluxe Edition is presented in an expanded 124-page illustrated hardcover book

The CD will be newly remixed and remasted for 2015.

Four editions are available to buy – please consider purchasing thru this website, some links are below. Alternatively Joe has posted here with links which may be better.

1. 1 x 2015 CD and Blu-Ray
  2. 1 x 2015 CD and 1 DVD
  3. 1 x 2015 CD and 2 DVD
  4. 1 x 2015 CD and 2 Blue-Ray

Product Description (as taken from Amazon.co.uk)

The Beatles “1” was originally released in 2000 and quickly became the fastest selling album of all time. Featuring 27 of the band’s most significant singles, all of which reached #1 in the US or UK charts, this brand new 2DVD/CD set represents the ultimate collectors edition of The Beatles “1”, featuring all 27 tracks on CD, all 27 promo videos on DVD1, and an additional 23 videos on DVD2, including alternate versions, as well as rarely seen and newly restored films and videos.

All the videos have been beautifully restored up to 4K resolution by a team of film and video technicians and restoration artists who have undertaken painstaking frame-by-frame cleaning, colour-grading, digital enhancement and new edits that took months of dedicated, ‘round-the-clock work to accomplish.

This stunning 2DVD/CD set boasts an expanded 124-page illustrated hardcover book, and also includes exclusive audio commentary and filmed introductions by Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr respectively. 1+ also features fantastic new stereo and 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS HD surround audio mixes by Giles Martin and Sam Okell at Abbey Road Studios.

CD/DVD1 songs and videos include: Love Me Do , I Want To Hold Your Hand , Can’t Buy Me Love, I Feel Fine , Ticket To Ride , Yesterday , Day Tripper , We Can Work It Out , Paperback Writer , Penny Lane , All You Need Is Love , Hey Jude , Something , Come Together , and more!

DVD2 videos include: Twist & Shout, Please Please Me , Rain , Strawberry Fields Forever , A Day In The Life , Hey Bulldog , and Free As A Bird .

1. Love Me Do
2. From Me To You
3. She Loves You
4. I Want To Hold Your Hand
5. Can’t Buy Me Love
6. A Hard Day’s Night
7. I Feel Fine
8. Eight Days A Week
9. Ticket To Ride
10. Help !
11. Yesterday
12. Day Tripper
13. We Can Work It Out
14. Paperback Writer
15. Yellow Submarine
16. Eleanor Rigby
17. Penny Lane
18. All You Need Is Love
19. Hello, Goodbye
20. Lady Madonna
21. Hey Jude
22. Get Back
23. The Ballad Of John And Yoko
24. Something
25. Come Together
26. Let It Be
27. The Long And Winding Road

Blu-Ray
1. Love Me Do
2. From Me To You
3. She Loves You
5. Can’t Buy Me Love
6. A Hard Day’s Night
7. I Feel Fine
8. Eight Days A Week
9. Ticket To Ride
10. Help !
11. Yesterday
12. Day Tripper
13. We Can Work It Out
14. Paperback Writer
15. Yellow Submarine
16. Eleanor Rigby
17. Penny Lane
18. All You Need Is Love
19. Hello, Goodbye
20. Lady Madonna
21. Hey Jude
22. Get Back
24. Something
25. Come Together
26. Let It Be

DISC 1 VIDEO EXTRAS
Paul McCartney audio commentary
Penny Lane
Hello, Goodbye
Hey Jude
Ringo Starr filmed introductions
Penny Lane
Hello, Goodbye
Hey Jude
Get Back

DISC 2 VIDEO (Blu-Ray)
1. Twist & Shout
2. Baby It’s You
3. Words Of Love
4. Please Please Me
5. I Feel Fine
6. Day Tripper *
7. Day Tripper *
8. We Can Work It Out *
9. Paperback Writer *
10. Rain *
11. Rain *
12. Strawberry Fields Forever
13. Within You Without You /Tomorrow Never Knows
14. A Day In The Life
15. Hello, Goodbye *
16. Hello, Goodbye *
17. Hey Bulldog
18. Hey Jude *
19. Revolution
20. Get Back *
21. Don’t Let Me Down
22. Free As A Bird
23. Real Love

DISC 2 VIDEO EXTRA
Paul McCartney audio commentary
Strawberry Fields Forever

* alternate version

Wogblog article

Examiner article

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 September 2015
12.43pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Taken from the latest Examiner article (different to the one in the previous post) where they have supplied details of the videos on the DVD’s and Blu-Ray. 

DISC 1:

1. Love Me Do
Newly edited clip, featuring material from BBC TV’s “The Mersey Sound,” with performance footage filmed on August 27, 1963 at the Little Theatre, Southport.

2. From Me To You

A live performance at the 1963 Royal Variety Show, filmed at The Prince Of Wales Theatre, London, on November 4, 1963.

3. SHE LOVES YOU

A live performance from the Swedish Television show Drop In, recorded on October 30. 1963 during a short Scandinavian tour.

From the Granada TV program “Late Scene Extra” filmed on November 25, 1963.

5. CAN’T BUY ME LOVE

First broadcast in the TV show Around The Beatles, filmed on April 28, 1964 and broadcast the following month. It features a different audio track to that of hit single, recorded by The Beatles on 19 April 1964.

6. A HARD DAY’S NIGHT

Live performance at the Palais des Sports, Paris on June 20, 1965, while on a short European tour.

7. I FEEL FINE

Filmed at Twickenham Film Studios on November 23, 1965. One of 10 films shot that day to satisfy global TV demand for broadcast material to accompany The Beatles’ hit records.

8. Eight Days A Week

A brand new clip edited from material filmed at the Shea Stadium concert in New York City on August 15, 1965, during which the band performed twelve songs, but “Eight Days A Week ” was not among them. The clip says much about the band’s frenetic lifestyle in 1965 at the height of Beatlemania.

9. Ticket To Ride

Filmed at Twickenham Film Studios on November 23, 1965.

10. HELP!

The less frequently seen clip of those filmed at Twickenham Film Studios on November 23, 1965.

11. YESTERDAY

Paul performing on The Ed Sullivan Show, videotaped in New York City on August 14, 1965 and broadcast the following month, the day before the single was released in America.

12. Day Tripper

Three versions of this clip were filmed at Twickenham Film Studios on November 23, 1965. This is version 2, in which all of the group are wearing polo neck sweaters, except for Paul, who wears a black shirt.

13. We Can Work It Out

There were three versions of the ‘We Can Work It Out ’ video filmed at Twickenham Film Studios on November 23, 1965. This is version 2 in which all four Beatles are wearing black polo neck sweaters.

14. PAPERBACK WRITER

Filmed in 35mm, and in color in Chiswick Park, West London, by director Michael Lindsay-Hogg.

15. YELLOW SUBMARINE

This clip is newly created from original “Yellow Submarine ” footage.

16. Eleanor Rigby

This clip is taken directly from the “Yellow Submarine ” movie.

17. Penny Lane

A clip by Swedish director Peter Goldmann that captures The Beatles in Stratford, London, and at Knole Park in Kent, with additional material shot in Liverpool.

18. All You Need Is Love

Filmed in Studio One at Abbey Road , on 25 June 1967, and beamed around the globe as a part of the TV program Our World. This colorized version was created for “The Beatles Anthology” TV program in 1995.

19. Hello, Goodbye

London’s Saville Theatre was the location for this promo film, shot on November 10, 1967; The Beatles wear their “Sgt. Pepper ” outfits.

20. Lady Madonna

Just prior to leaving for India, The Beatles met up in Studio Three at Abbey Road , on February 11, 1968. They were filmed while recording ‘Hey Bulldog ’.

21. Hey Jude

Filmed at Twickenham Film Studios on September 4 for broadcast on David Frost’s TV show, Frost On Sunday. The introduction by David Frost is different from that on disc 2.

22. GET BACK

The promo clip made available at the time of the original release of the single featured performances from the Apple rooftop synced to the record. This new clip has been rebuilt to replicate the original but with improved picture quality.

This original promo clip features outtakes from the “Let It Be ” movie, with other private footage shot in Amsterdam, London, Paris and Vienna.

24. SOMETHING

The video features George and Pattie, John and Yoko, Paul and Linda, and Ringo and Maureen. and was filmed at locations in Berkshire, Surrey, and the Mull Of Kintyre .

25. COME TOGETHER

The clip was created in 2000 by Melon Dezign for the launch of the Beatles website and the original “Beatles 1” album.

26. LET IT BE

A 1970 promo clip was made available to support the release of the single and it was different to the one featured in the “Let It Be ” movie. This clip has been rebuilt from the original footage.

This clip is taken straight from the “Let It Be ” movie.

DISC TWO

1. Twist And Shout

From the Granada Television program Scene At 6.30, which was videotaped on August 14, 1963.

2. BABY IT’S YOU

One of two clips used to promote the single taken from the 1995 Live At The BBC album. The clip is enhanced by the inclusion of unique color footage of The Beatles filmed outside the BBC’s Paris Studio on Lower Regent Street, London.

3. Words Of Love

When “On Air – Live At The BBC Volume 2” was released in 2013, it included ‘Words Of Love ’, a Buddy Holly composition that the band recorded for radio. This new clip is a mix of existing footage and innovative animation.

4. Please Please Me

A live performance videotaped on February 9 for The Ed Sullivan Show, which was screened on February 23, 1964.

5. I FEEL FINE

Filmed at Twickenham Film Studios on November 23, 1965, this clip shows The Beatles eating fish and chips during their lunch break.

6. Day Tripper

From the TV special “The Music Of Lennon & McCartney” that first broadcast in mid-December 1965.

7. Day Tripper

Filmed at Twickenham Film Studios on November 23, 1965, with the group wearing their Shea Stadium Jackets with the ‘Nehru’ collars.

8. We Can Work It Out

Filmed at Twickenham Film Studios on November 23, 1965 – showing The Beatles wearing the Shea Stadium jackets.

9. PAPERBACK WRITER

Shot on videotape at Abbey Road , on May 19, 1966, this studio version is prefaced by a short introduction by Ringo. It was broadcast on “The Ed Sullivan Show” in America.

10. RAIN

Rain ’, the B-side of ‘Paperback Writer ’, was filmed in color at Chiswick House, West London, on May 20, 1966.

11. RAIN

This black-and-white clip is a new edit from several takes of “Rain ” videotaped at Abbey Road on May 19, 1966.

12. Strawberry Fields Forever

Directed by Peter Goldmann and with newly restored footage, this was filmed at Knole Park, Kent on January 30 and 31, 1967.

13. Within You Without You /Tomorrow Never Knows

The merging of these two tracks, one from “Sgt Pepper ’s Lonely Hearts Club Band,” the other from “Revolver ,” was created for The Beatles Love show by Cirque du Soleil, which opened in June 2006 in Las Vegas. This video was created to promote the “LOVE” album released later that year.

14. A Day In The Life

Filmed in Studio One at Abbey Road on February 10, 1967, this includes classical musicians, who were asked to wear evening dress, fake noses and funny hats for the recording session.

15. Hello, Goodbye

This clip is another shot at London’s Saville Theatre on November 10, 1967; The Beatles wear their ‘street clothes’.

16. Hello, Goodbye

This third version was also shot at London’s Saville Theatre on November 10, 1967; it includes elements from the first two films but with additional footage unique to this edit.

17. Hey Bulldog

The original footage from a 1968 shoot for the “Lady Madonna ” promo film was unearthed in the mid-1990s. It was revealed that The Beatles were recording ‘Hey Bulldog ’ and is an edit done to promote the reissue of the Yellow Submarine movie in 1999.

18. Hey Jude

This is an edit of the two other takes filmed on September 4, 1968 for the “Frost On Sunday” TV show. This has a different David Frost intro to the clip on disc 1.

19. Revolution

One of two versions, this was shot the same day as “Hey Jude .” John’s lead vocal is completely live, as are most of Paul and George’s backing vocals. The instrumentation, including Nicky Hopkins’ electric piano, is from the master tape.

20. GET BACK

This clip was assembled in 2003 to support the release of the album “Let It Be …Naked” and utilizes studio footage from the “Get Back ”/“Let It Be ” sessions.

21. DON’T LET ME DOWN

This was the B-side of “Get Back ” and this clip is a composite of two live performances from the Apple rooftop in 1969. It was made available to support the release of “Let It Be …Naked” in 2003.

22. Free As A Bird

The 1995 video is a work of art by director Joe Pytka, who used the concept of a bird’s-eye view to pay homage to many Beatles songs and images.

23. REAL LOVE

This video directed by Geoff Wonfor and ex-10cc and pop promo-maker Kevin Godley, was made in 1996 to support the release of the single that debuted on “The Beatles Anthology.”

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 September 2015
1.07pm
Bongo
Somewhere In Time
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1916

It’s about time this stuff has “Officially” come out on Blu Ray

I’ve had this stuff on Blu Ray for a couple of years now, including the “Let It Be ” movie 

Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-7.52.07-PM.png   BEATLES Music gives me Eargasms!  apple01

15 September 2015
2.14pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

The quality will be far superior to whats out there on bootlegs, especially the Blu-ray. 

15 September 2015
2.50pm
Merch
Englishisnotmynativelanguageland
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 275

Watching the Strawberry Fields Forever video in HD gives me chills, I can’t wait for this!

They also uploaded a comparison of Penny Lane in the official Youtube channel.

The following people thank Merch for this post:

meanmistermustard

"We think George Harrison is the most marvelous thing since boys were discovered." - Diane and Jenny of Bedford, the smartest girls ever.

15 September 2015
3.17pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Doesnt the SFF promo have previously unseen parts like the three looking up to Paul in the tree? Dont remember seeing that before.

And they both look incredible.

Should be noted that there along with all the promotion that will go on with the release there will be a tv special;

The release will be accompanied by a worldwide publicity campaign and include a TV special in the UK.

(source: Examiner)

Hopefully its on the BBC so no adverts. I still have the ‘Magical Mystery Tour ‘ Arena special that was shown on Saturday the 6th October 2012. a-hard-days-night-john-1

No idea if it will be screened at some point later. Was ‘The Beatles On Record’ 2009 TV special shown on the BBC that promoted the remasters even broadcast in the US?

15 September 2015
3.44pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012

I’m looking forward to this.

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

15 September 2015
5.14pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064

Expert Textpert said

Wow, yes indeed. It looks phenomenal. Almost makes all the waiting worth it.

Roll on “Let It Be ” 🙂

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Expert Textpert

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

15 September 2015
5.21pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012

trcanberra said

Expert Textpert said

Wow, yes indeed. It looks phenomenal. Almost makes all the waiting worth it.

Roll on “Let It Be ” 🙂

And an Anthology 4 + remasters of 1-3 would be nice.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

trcanberra

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

15 September 2015
7.07pm
Wigwam
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1913

I think it’s spoilt by having two non-canon songs there!!!! 555

But………I suppose I’ll buy it…….Mawahahah! 

Same day as the new Bond film opens here and the US……..An early Christmas. 

The following people thank Wigwam for this post:

trcanberra
15 September 2015
7.23pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

^ ha ha, methinks someone is a mixer!

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Wigwam, Beatlebug

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

15 September 2015
11.53pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025

I’m going to have to buy a blu-ray drive now aren’t I ahdn_paul_01

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

16 September 2015
12.39am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

ewe2 said
I’m going to have to buy a blu-ray drive now aren’t I ahdn_paul_01

I’ve considered it essential for concert videos for a while now.

16 September 2015
2.23am
nzbeatlefan
New Zealand
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 134

THIS. IS. AWESOME.

I’m just about as excited for the new remixes as much as the promos. How are they going to remix Love Me Do & She Loves You ? No stereo mix is available…

Very exciting times ahead!

16 September 2015
4.50am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

nzbeatlefan said
THIS. IS. AWESOME.

I’m just about as excited for the new remixes as much as the promos. How are they going to remix Love Me Do & She Loves You ? No stereo mix is available…

I do wonder whose vision of the songs the remixes will represent.

16 September 2015
5.31am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5694

nzbeatlefan said
THIS. IS. AWESOME.

Considering that Giles Martin remixed all but Free As A Bird and Real Love (which have been done by Jeff Lynne), I’m wondering if he’s separated all the instruments as he did for Rock Band and Love. But then they do say these are “produced from the original analogue tapes” so perhaps not.

Bear in mind also that there will be 5.1 surround sound mixes. From four-track tapes that’s hard to achieve satisfactorily, because a lot of instruments and/or voices will be bundled together. But if they’re separated? A totally different story. If they do get manage to separate the guitars and bass in Love Me Do and She Loves You I think we’ll be hearing them in an entirely new way.

And now I’m thinking about how great The Beatles will sound in surround. I’ve got the Love bonus DVD in 5.1 but I’ve never had the means to play it. I might have to invest in a home cinema setup.

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

16 September 2015
6.01am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

I don’t see that that doesn’t mean they might not have used digital trickery to create new multi-tracks where necessary.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

16 September 2015
7.13am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin

“From the original analogue tapes” is an ambiguous statement, isn’t it? They backed up these tapes to digital years ago to avoid further wear and tear. Ahead of the mono LPs reissues they also made a big fuss of it being completely analogue, unlike the stereo CD/LPs and mono CDs. So I guess there are a few scenarios:

1. They remixed these directly from the four-track tapes
  2. They took the analogue tapes and transferred them to digital before remixing (possibly not recent transfers either)
  3. As 2, but with added separation of instruments and vocals

They’re also not averse to re-creating some of the original sounds. I know there’s a discussion elsewhere on the forum about them using a clean BBC recording of King Lear to create a true stereo mix of I Am The Walrus . I’m sure Giles M mentioned other examples during the Love campaign. The question is how faithful they are to the originals. I’m going to assume they won’t fix playing errors or fly in parts from other takes because that would be a bit sacrilegious.

16 September 2015
7.18am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin

Here’s an official video about the restoration. I wasn’t overwhelmed by the Penny Lane before/after one, but the differences in some of these are astonishing. “Something ” looks particularly amazing.

I like the way the copyright notice at the end says “Not to be uploaded to youtube.”

The following people thank Joe for this post:

Wigwam, Dark Is The Sky

16 September 2015
7.39am
McCartneyLennonthegreatest
London
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 12

This looks great! Pre ordered the deluxe blu ray set 😀

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694