"What are you listening to right now?" thread | Page 152 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

"What are you listening to right now?" thread
15 May 2014
5.58pm
Necko
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 791

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.
15 May 2014
6.11pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2018

Right now I'm listening to Damon Albarn's new album, Everyday Robots. So far it's err..different.

15 May 2014
6.54pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9547

Linde said
Right now I'm listening to Damon Albarn's new album, Everyday Robots. So far it's err..different.

In a good way?

I'm listening to a playlist of singles, movie tracks and alternates from the No More Lonely Nights special mixes thru to the Press To Play sessions.

• NMLN has a weird mix (the DJ Mole mix running to 8 minutes 44 seconds) which has Paul stating "i feal destroyed, i feel a mole, oh". Its certainly one of the more interesting mixes of the song and not just a straight elongated dance mix, those can be quite dull.
  • Spies Like Us has some great guitar playing thru it, much more evident in the two studio demos which also reveal that Paul hadn't finished the words yet. In some way the alternates are more interesting than the final track. The 12" Party Mix isn't much to listen to.
  • My Carnival (SLU b-side) is such a cheerful song, impossible to not smile when that is playing and it's 12" Party Mix is really good; whenever you're getting a little tired of it someone starts clucking like a chicken!
  • Lindiana is another song that could have been a something if Paul had tightened it up a bit, its far better than Talk More Talk (have heard 2 alternate mixes of that but not the final one, its really not a good song going by those two, the lyrics are awful, here's hoping its heavily improved on the album). 
  • Yvonne really should have been on Press To Play as with a little bit of work it would have been a really good track on any of Paul's albums. It's quite strange going thru an albums alternates not being able to remember the final versions.

The good thing about going thru Paul's music is hearing material i either haven't heard for a long time or never before, sure not all of it is good (some is atrocious (the first five tracks on side 2 of Pipes of Peace being brutal)) but something great is not to far away to encourage you onwards. Plus some of the stuff i'd relegated to being unlistenable garbage isn't actually that bad – not something i'll go back to very often but better than i remembered

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
15 May 2014
7.53pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

I'm not sure yet. It's definitely very..creative. I like the title track, Heavy seas of love, Hostiles and Lonely Press Play. The rest didn't quite stick but it wasn't bad. 

Oh, I should really check out more of Paul's solo career too. Haven't really heard any albums in their entirety except for Band on the run. Which wasn't really a solo album. Well, sort of.

16 May 2014
12.30am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2605

I'm listening to the Broadway Cast Recording of the American Idiot musical. Quite good

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
16 May 2014
12.33am
Necko
Rishikesh

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
I'm listening to the Broadway Cast Recording of the American Idiot musical. Quite good

I saw that when it was on Broadway. 

16 May 2014
12.36am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

Necko said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

I saw that when it was on Broadway. 

Lucky! I hoping it comes somewhere near Pittsburgh so I can see it.

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
16 May 2014
2.58pm
meanmistermustard

The highlights so far being For Love, Now That She's Gone Away and Gone Are The Days. The rest just strikes me as standard Ringo fare – tho i am only up half way thru – Harry's Song is up next.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
16 May 2014
3.01pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3947

It Is 'He' (Jai Sri Krishna) by some guy

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you did that then you win!

16 May 2014
5.34pm
Necko
Rishikesh

16 May 2014
5.47pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 3989

'Heartbreaker' – Led Zeppelin

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

17 May 2014
4.23am
Necko
Rishikesh

Zig said

Did the 'Greatest Riffs' thread inspire this?

17 May 2014
5.04am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4818

P2 Vatican Blues. Thanks, @AppleScruffJunior! Great song. Perfect. I hadn't heard it before. Now I wish I had made our reservations for the Vatican on Saturday (today). I must become wiser in the ways of the force.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

AppleScruffJunior
17 May 2014
10.39pm
Zig

Necko said

Zig said

Did the 'Greatest Riffs' thread inspire this?

Oh @Necko , how I wish it was something as cool as that. I had the radio on at work wishing the day would "just end already" when this gem was played. No matter what the circumstances, it still rocked my socks off. Being a huge fan of blues and rock, I get very turned on when a Zep song like this enters my aural receptors.

@Ahhh Girl and @AppleScruffJunior thanks so much for the love of 'P2 Vatican Blues'. What a great album Brainwashed is.

Currently smilin' and totally diggin' this little ditty:

The following people thank Zig for this post:

meanmistermustard

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

17 May 2014
11.43pm
meanmistermustard

@Zig, I've recently just started listening to the work of Alison Krauss and Union Station, Paper Airplane being one fine album. Alison's song collection 'A Hundred Miles or More' is also fantastic, i'm totally addicted to Jacob's Dream.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Zig
17 May 2014
11.46pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3947

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you did that then you win!

18 May 2014
12.49am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

I love the O Brother Where Art Thou? soundtrack, with I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow (the one in Zig's video) being one of my absolute favorites. The movie's great too.

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

Ahhh Girl
18 May 2014
2.06am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1035

Alison Krauss did an excellent Beatles cover years ago with the great Tony Rice and his band…

"Daddy, just remember... Mommy's smarter than you. She said so."- My 4 year old
18 May 2014
1.33pm
Zig

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
I love the O Brother Where Art Thou? soundtrack, with I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow (the one in Zig's video) being one of my absolute favorites. The movie's great too.

Yeah, that version of the song I posted was playing on Pandora when I wrote my post above. I'm with you in that I enjoy the song and the movie very much. Based on that video, I checked out a few more tracks by Alison Krauss. She does have a nice voice, but I prefer a bit more of a beat in songs. Some of the ones I heard were just too slow and/or depressing for my taste. On the up side, her voice is a delight and I can see why so many people enjoy her music.

18 May 2014
2.57pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

Finally decided to give Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds a try. I expected to dislike it, but it's actually a pretty good album. So far I really enjoy it. Can't believe I've waited so long.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: C.R.A.
55 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9547

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5069

Ahhh Girl: 4818

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 3989

Annadog40: 3947

Mr. Kite: 3510

Ron Nasty: 3013

fabfouremily: 2934

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2568

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3177

Newest Members: tiszalina, Chlobeans, beatle1965, beatle 146, GoldenSlumbers

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4818), meanmistermustard (9547), Zig (3989), Joe (3444)

Administrators: Joe (3444), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None