Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
"What are you listening to right now?" thread
16 April 2014
1.53pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2861sp_Permalink sp_Print

Very inappropriate and very funny… a parody of Grandmaster Flash’s “White Lines”…

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

16 April 2014
2.26pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5447
2862sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko, the cover of that Jack Bruce album really makes me want to hear it! Looks just like several of my favourite classic jazz albums from about 1959-61 with the abstract impressionist art and the big block letters. (Which is probably the effect Jack was going for in the first place)

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

16 April 2014
11.11pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
2863sp_Permalink sp_Print

Though it’s not really a jazz album, it’s available for free (legal) streaming here.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

16 April 2014
11.14pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
2864sp_Permalink sp_Print

acdcpowerage.jpgImage Enlarger

I know that there really aren’t any other AC/DC fans here, but I had to give my AC/DC albums a spin after hearing that Malcolm Young (AC/DC founding member and rhythm guitarist) is in poor health.

16 April 2014
11.21pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
2865sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks Necko! (And whaddya mean, no other AC/DC fans here? I thought EVERYONE was a fan! And I’ll have no further contact with anyone on this site who doesn’t at least enjoy the Bon Scott version, harrumph. :) Poor Malcolm :( )

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

17 April 2014
5.53pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842

I just got back from Half Price Books, which has CDs for around 5-10 dollars. 

I picked up

The White Stripes’ Elephant

Rush’s legendary rock opera 2112.

Boston’s last good album Third Stage

and Paul’s Driving Rain which after first listen I like. I tend to like sad Paul (Driving Rain , Chaos And Creation) more than happy Paul (Off The Ground , Kisses On The Bottom ) musically. He just make better music. 

EDIT: Oh yuck, there’s a song called Heather on it. Deep breaths, just pretend it’s about his daughter, deep breaths.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

17 April 2014
6.35pm
primadonna paul
pepperland
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 6
2867sp_Permalink sp_Print

Primadonna girl by Marina and the Diamonds haha, i’m so lame.. i’ll put a link to it below. 

take a look for yourself!

i was planning to listen to chaos and creation today though, i haven’t listened to that yet even though i had gotten the album for christmas. i heard it was fab, so maybe later ‘ey(-;

photo gif_362x108_beec3c.gif

17 April 2014
6.50pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
2868sp_Permalink sp_Print

LOL! That’s probably what Paul tells himself about his “Heather 4Ever” tattoo as well.

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO: Some kind of piano/violin sonata or duet or something. I’m gonna take a guess and say it’s Schubert. (I really have no clue.)

(Turns out it was Mozart’s Piano Sonata in C major – damn, I hoped my knowledge was approaching the point where I could listen to a piece for a coupla minutes and go “aha! Mozart!” Oh well, at least I got the “sonata” part right. Also the piano.)

17 April 2014
7.00pm
DrBeatle
The Midwest via Boston
Candlestick Park
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 1595
2869sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Beatles live in Atlanta on 8/18/65, only 3 days after Shea Stadium. They had stage monitors for the first time EVER and could hear themselves for the first time, and thus gave one of their best concerts.

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @rocknrollchem

Facebook: rnrchemist

17 April 2014
7.46pm
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members
2870sp_Permalink sp_Print

DrBeatle said
The Beatles live in Atlanta on 8/18/65, only 3 days after Shea Stadium. They had stage monitors for the first time EVER and could hear themselves for the first time, and thus gave one of their best concerts.

I featured that concert on Fab Files; I love the “We can hear ourselves!” comments they make throughout the show. Too bad they couldn’t convince the guy who provided the monitors to tour with them. Might have changed their feelings about touring, you never know…

The following people thank WETSRoosa for this post:

DrBeatle

17 April 2014
7.59pm
DrBeatle
The Midwest via Boston
Candlestick Park
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 1595
2871sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

DrBeatle said

I featured that concert on Fab Files; I love the “We can hear ourselves!” comments they make throughout the show. Too bad they couldn’t convince the guy who provided the monitors to tour with them. Might have changed their feelings about touring, you never know…

No kidding! Kind of shocking he turned them down when they offered for him to do their sound for the remainder of the tour. What was he thinking???

Now listening to FZ:OZ, a GREAT Zappa live album from Australia in January 1976

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @rocknrollchem

Facebook: rnrchemist

18 April 2014
1.36am
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members
2872sp_Permalink sp_Print

DrBeatle said

wetsroosa said

DrBeatle said

No kidding! Kind of shocking he turned them down when they offered for him to do their sound for the remainder of the tour. What was he thinking???
Now listening to FZ:OZ, a GREAT Zappa live album from Australia in January 1976

Supposedly he was an Atlanta native and didn’t want to lug his equipment across the country. Understandable, but still… his business could have benefited tenfold simply by that Beatles connection, which even in that tumultuous year of 1966, still carried some serious weight.

18 April 2014
1.00pm
ScrambledEggs
Behind the moon
Paris Olympia
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 328

Necko said

I know that there really aren’t any other AC/DC fans here, but I had to give my AC/DC albums a spin after hearing that Malcolm Young (AC/DC founding member and rhythm guitarist) is in poor health.

No other AC/DC fans?! Like Von Bontee said: I thought everyone was a fan! Bon Scott AC/DC rules. 

I adore them. I’ve got Powerage on vinyl; listening to it is one of the most irreplaceable feelings.

18 April 2014
5.01pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
2874sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t know.  I just saw something in the “Overrated Bands” thread and made assumptions.

I also have Powerage on vinyl, as well as Let There Be Rock.

18 April 2014
6.51pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2875sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m going through some vinyl. Right now it’s Led Zeppelin IV (Stairway to Heaven just started)

Just was Boston. Think I might put in 2112 next.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

18 April 2014
7.53pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2876sp_Permalink sp_Print

ScrambledEggs said

Necko said

No other AC/DC fans?! Like Von Bontee said: I thought everyone was a fan! Bon Scott AC/DC rules. 

I adore them. I’ve got Powerage on vinyl; listening to it is one of the most irreplaceable feelings.

Nope, not a big AC/DC fan. I think it’s the voice, ’cause I do enjoy a few songs.

18 April 2014
8.46pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2877sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like Back In Black well enough, but I haven’t heard any of their other stuff. I did see a charming album cover of theirs featuring Mr. Young stabbing himself with his guitar.

20 April 2014
12.43am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2878sp_Permalink sp_Print

My Corinne Bailey Rae Pandora station, which gets more awesome the longer I listen to it. It plays a lot of Melody Gardot, India Arie, Adele, Amy Winehouse and Amel Larrieux.

BTW, is anyone else on Pandora? We could share stations.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

20 April 2014
1.05am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2879sp_Permalink sp_Print

Green_Day_-_Bullet_in_a_Bible_cover.jpgImage Enlarger

20 April 2014
10.59pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2880sp_Permalink sp_Print

Product Details

Nice album, with George on four of the tracks so it fits here well.  This was recorded in 1990 during the Wilbury years and has their flavour on some of the tracks; but as the liner notes say it is an eclectic mix overall, nary an ELO string in sight.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2857
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690