"What are you listening to right now?" thread | Page 139 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

"What are you listening to right now?" thread
2 April 2014
12.50pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1112

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Have you ever seen the movie that's the soundtrack to? It's really really good. 

The soundtrack's pretty great too. My favorite is I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow.

Dan Tyminski is the guy who sings that version of "Constant Sorrow" from the soundtrack. He's a member of Allison Krauss' band. I saw him sing that one live when he opened for Nickel Creek years ago. This was right when that soundtrack was really taking off, and it got the loudest reaction of the night.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
2 April 2014
1.58pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1443

Grant Hart - The Argument

Great album! Nice to hear him back making music, he takes way too long between albums!

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @blackbookblur

2 April 2014
2.14pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 11263

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

The soundtrack's pretty great too. My favorite is I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow.

No. I'm not a movie person, whilst i can watch a tv drama for a couple of hours a film just seems longer and i lose the will to keep going. Plus i have enough shows to keep up with as it is going into films would be an unwelcomed (is that a word, it is for this sentence) hassle. Last new film i tried to watch was Avengers Assemble which i got 40 minutes into before deciding to go watch paint dry as it would be far more interesting.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
2 April 2014
2.26pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5518

meanmistermustard said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

No. I'm not a movie person, whilst i can watch a tv drama for a couple of hours a film just seems longer and i lose the will to keep going. Plus i have enough shows to keep up with as it is going into films would be an unwelcomed (is that a word, it is for this sentence) hassle. Last new film i tried to watch was Avengers Assemble which i got 40 minutes into before deciding to go watch paint dry as it would be far more interesting.

Is that movie like the cartoon?

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help

2 April 2014
2.54pm
meanmistermustard

Annadog40 said

meanmistermustard said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Is that movie like the cartoon?

Haven't ever seen the cartoon. Didn't even know the Avengers existed as a US super hero show until a few years back, Iron Man (the film) is ok to watch if you want to turn off your brain and forget about dialogue, acting etc.

The Avengers i like and grew up on (thru repeats) was with John Steed, Emma Peel and (later) Tara King - that was class. The New Avengers with Joanna Lumley on the other hand was and remains to be unwatchable rubbish.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
3 April 2014
2.22pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop

The Smiths - BBC Sessions 1983-1986

4 April 2014
1.13am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5132

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love! If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
4 April 2014
2.18pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop

The last REAL Pink Floyd album, The Final Cut, which still feels more like a Roger Waters solo album than a true band effort.

4 April 2014
9.20pm
12StringKing
The Indra
Forum Posts: 42

Listened to that and Momentary Laspe of Reason recently. I personally find the latter to be much better. Some forgettable tracks, but it has sweet stuff like Dogs of War and Terminal Frost which is better than "The Worst of the Wall" which The Final Cut seems to me as.

Been lsitening/practicing some Nick Drake of late. Time Has Told Me specifically. He has some of the weirdest flowing time ever.

4 April 2014
10.14pm
TheOneBeatleManiac
Here, There And Everywhere
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 617

If I Fell. One of their greatest early songs.

Let me take you down 'cause I'm going to...Strawberry Fields.

4 April 2014
10.41pm
SeraTheBeatle
Pepperland
The Jacaranda
Forum Posts: 27

I've been listening to "Do You Want To Hear A Secret?" for 30 minutes now 

~George Harrison is my husband. <33
4 April 2014
11.28pm
meanmistermustard

DuckThe5thBeatle said
I've been listening to "Do You Want To Hear A Secret?" for 30 minutes now 

I think your track is stuck, it only lasts 2?a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Annadog40
4 April 2014
11.31pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5518

I was listening to Smells like teen spirit with me mom on her tablet when the tablet got a mind of its own and switched the YouTube video to a greatest hits Cold play album which we are now listening to

The following people thank Annadog40 for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help

5 April 2014
12.44am
Dr Winston o Boogie
Strawberry Fields... Forever
Abbey Road
Forum Posts: 104

I think all of you guys should check out a new band called Temples if you haven't already. They are out of Britain and there was a nice story about them on NPR about how The Beatles influenced them. They really capture that psychedelic sound that the Beatles made popular in 1966-1967 while also having a Pink Floyd-ish sound. Through all of this they still remain true to themselves and are a unique band. THEY ARE REALLY WORTH A LISTEN!

I don't expect you... to understand after you've caused so much pain. But then again, you're just a human... a victim of the insane.
5 April 2014
1.32am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5962

My Corinne Bailey Rae station on Pandora.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

5 April 2014
1.48am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2733

Annadog40 said
I was listening to Smells like team spirit with me mom on her tablet when the tablet got a mind of its own and switched the YouTube video to a greatist hits Cold play album which we are now listening to

I'm just imagining what a song called "Smells Like Team Spirit" would sound like. It almost has me wanting to make a parody.

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

Annadog40

(This signature brought to you by Spaghetti Tuesdays. Occurring on Wednesdays since 2013.)

5 April 2014
2.52pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5962

Neil Finn ("Crowded House") on CBC radio. The first song, "Better Than TV," is particularly gorgeous.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

5 April 2014
4.46pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2733

I'm just listening to Nirvana on shuffle, in honor of the anniversary of Kurt Cobain's tragic death. 20 years ago.

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

AbbeyRoadRage

(This signature brought to you by Spaghetti Tuesdays. Occurring on Wednesdays since 2013.)

5 April 2014
8.34pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1112

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
5 April 2014
8.51pm
meanmistermustard

Back To The Egg outtakes and alternates. 

There is an incredible Winter Rose/Love Awake outtake that runs for 6:34 seconds, first 1:15 is an instrumental Winter Rose before Love Awake which starts with just Paul and his guitar joined by Wings as the song goes on. I love the commercial version, it being the one of the highlights on the album, but this every bit is good.

Can't find it online but you should try and track it down.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Joe, AppleScruffJunior, trcanberra, Annadog40, Beatleva, GentlyWeptGuitar
59 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 11263

mr. Sun king coming together: 6935

Ahhh Girl: 6294

parlance: 5960

Annadog40: 5517

Mr. Kite: 5132

Zig: 4924

mithveaen: 4633