"What are you listening to right now?" thread | Page 136 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

"What are you listening to right now?" thread
23 March 2014
9.34pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10927

Ron Nasty said
@IveJustSeenAFaceo @meanmistermustard I seem to recall having a conversation about this in another thread before. From what I recall, it is not a 2012 remaster. V&M had been absent from iTunes for some time, and it seems that they got permission to put up their 2007 digital version of the 1993 remaster for The Paul McCartney Collection (maybe to whet the appetite for this year's Archive release). The 2012 date refers only to when that remaster was made available on iTunes in its current form (which, I believe, is minus the three bonus tracks originally included on the CD release, and the additional bonus track iTunes added to those in 2007).

It is the 1993 remaster stripped-back to just the original 13 tracks on the original album.

Thats what i thought it might be originally as it seems odd that a) a remaster was put up in 2012 when the archive series is ongoing (but stranger things do happen so it is conceivable) and b) the only comment i can find about the remaster is on Paul's forum which i can't enter. Would have thought somewhere else would have have commented about it somewhere. 

Anyway. Will try and locate that thread you mentioned.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo
Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
23 March 2014
9.47pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2666

That makes sense, because it doesn't have any of the bonus tracks.

(This signature brought to you by Spaghetti Tuesdays. Occurring on Wednesdays since 2013.)

23 March 2014
11.32pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5895

re:Venus and Mars on iTunes conversation. Would this be what you all were thinking about?

out-of-print-what-is-that

What I'm listening to: Liverpool 8 (with special attention on the last song @Expert Textpert )

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Expert Textpert
23 March 2014
11.45pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5171

Curse your catchyness Britney! a-hard-days-night-john-7

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help

24 March 2014
1.09am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10927

Ahhh Girl said
re:Venus and Mars on iTunes conversation. Would this be what you all were thinking about?

What I'm listening to: Liverpool 8 (with special attention on the last song @Expert Textpert )

Doesn't look like it as no mention of a 2012 iTunes remaster. Looks for looking tho (i did have a brief look around but got nowhere so moved on).

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
24 March 2014
1.14am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5895

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

What I'm listening to: Liverpool 8 (with special attention on the last song Expert Texpert )

Doesn't look like it as no mention of a 2012 iTunes remaster. Looks for looking tho (i did have a brief look around but got nowhere so moved on).

Yeah, that was the closest I could come up with outside of the Archives Collection thread. I gave up, too.

24 March 2014
3.03am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 534

I'm listening to Working Class Hero, the first track on Anthology, it's the first time I've listened to it! (I won't get through it tonight, probably)

Half of what I say is meaningless...

And it's making me feel like my trousers are torn

Help keep BeatlesBible alive! Use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

24 March 2014
3.08am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

Matt Busby said
I'm listening to Working Class Hero, the first track on Anthology, it's the first time I've listened to it! (I won't get through it tonight, probably)

I have Anthology, I've never listened to the whole thing through though. I love the live version of Come Together on Disc 2 and the "amputee" mini parody of Yesterday. Also the little "When in doubt.... f*** it" bit is hilarious.

(This signature brought to you by Spaghetti Tuesdays. Occurring on Wednesdays since 2013.)

24 March 2014
3.11am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

DrBeatle, Matt Busby

24 March 2014
1.52pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1443

I'm now spinning the three excellent shows Derek and the Dominos played at the Fillmore East in NYC on October 23-24, 1970. This band marks the last great thing Clapton ever did and it's a damn shame they broke up only a year later.

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @blackbookblur

24 March 2014
8.43pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

I'm listening to lots of Led Zeppelin right now. I think they're pretty great, to go back to an earlier conversation.

25 March 2014
3.36am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

Love this album. One of the best concept albums ever. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams is just incredible (even if it is a little similar to Wonderwall (which is also incredible)).

25 March 2014
5.09am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 534

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Love this album. One of the best concept albums ever. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams is just incredible (even if it is a little similar to Wonderwall (which is also incredible)).

That is a great album.  I'm somewhat embarassed to say my daughter turned me on to Green Day.  Lately I've been getting into The Who - Moon and Entwhistle are such masters of their instruments...top 3, both of them.  Although, the first thing I thought of when you mentioned Boulevard of Broken Dreams was the Brian Setzer cd of the same name, which drew mixed reviews and I didn't particularly like it.  It was between the Stray Cats and the Brian Setzer Orchestra.  If you know of him or even care...a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Matt Busby for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo

Half of what I say is meaningless...

And it's making me feel like my trousers are torn

Help keep BeatlesBible alive! Use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

25 March 2014
8.47pm
AbbeyRoadRage
New York
Royal Command Performance
Forum Posts: 125

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

That's one of the first albums I had; I used to love that song.  It's been a while since I listened to Green Day, but maybe I'll give them a listen later.

The following people thank AbbeyRoadRage for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo
26 March 2014
12.22am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1112

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
26 March 2014
12.24am
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5171

I am listening to the music from Glee

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help

26 March 2014
12.52am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

26 March 2014
5.09pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop

Jimi Hendrix - Fillmore East, NYC 12/31/69 (early show)...the first of his 4 Band of Gypsys shows from 12/31/69-1/1/70

26 March 2014
8.18pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2213

DrBeatle said

Jimi Hendrix - Fillmore East, NYC 12/31/69 (early show)...the first of his 4 Band of Gypsys shows from 12/31/69-1/1/70

Ooh, nice! I've never heard those BoG New Years sets in full, only the official releases...

Listening to: Schönberg's Violin Concerto (and not enjoying it much!)

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
27 March 2014
2.50pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop

Von Bontee said

DrBeatle said

Ooh, nice! I've never heard those BoG New Years sets in full, only the official releases...

Listening to: Schönberg's Violin Concerto (and not enjoying it much!)

They are all fantastic and quite different...the 1st show is a bit tentative and experimental, the second show is REALLY long and phenomenal, and the final two shows are just incredible, with the third one being Hendrix at an absolute peak.

Now, I've moved on to the first of the Allman Brothers Band's three nights at the Fillmore East in February 1970...right now, the show from 2/11/70. Blistering.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Annadog40, Merch, Long Tall Sally
51 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10927

mr. Sun king coming together: 6872

Ahhh Girl: 5895

parlance: 5755

Annadog40: 5170

Zig: 4715

Mr. Kite: 4682

mithveaen: 4645

Ron Nasty: 3329

fabfouremily: 2949

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2762

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3205

Newest Members: pauadrian, hark.theangelscome, harktheangelscome, Paperback Writer 1971, kristen12356

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5895, meanmistermustard: 10927, Zig: 4715, Joe: 3601

Administrators: Joe: 3601, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: Mistermark21
Upcoming: None