"What are you listening to right now?" thread | Page 135 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

"What are you listening to right now?" thread
23 March 2014
3.29pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1051

"Daddy, just remember... Mommy's smarter than you. She said so."- My 4 year old
23 March 2014
4.01pm
4or5Magicians
The Foothills of the Headlands
Paris Olympia
Forum Posts: 136

Johnny Cash – Out Among the Stars

Streaming for free on Amazon in promotion of the pre-release of the album. Good stuff.

23 March 2014
4.52pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

Newly purchased remastered Venus And Mars. Wow, is this a good album.

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
23 March 2014
5.04pm
4or5Magicians
Paris Olympia

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ooh. I'll have to pick that up. Haven't heard it in years. I remember loving "Magneto and Titanium Man" when I was a teenage comic book junkie. I was just reading about how they gave artist Jack Kirby back stage passes to their show and he gave them an original drawing he did of Paul and Linda. After reading that, I now have my most-wanted piece of rock/comics memorabilia if I ever become a millionaire and it goes up for sale. No question.

23 March 2014
5.09pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

4or5Magicians said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ooh. I'll have to pick that up. Haven't heard it in years. I remember loving "Magneto and Titanium Man" when I was a teenage comic book junkie. I was just reading about how they gave artist Jack Kirby back stage passes to their show and he gave them an original drawing he did of Paul and Linda. After reading that, I now have my most-wanted piece of rock/comics memorabilia if I ever become a millionaire and it goes up for sale. No question.

And in the same buying session, I bought the remastered deluxe edition of Ram. I'm quite satisfied with my purchases today.

And that sounds cool. Are there any pictures of the art?

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
23 March 2014
5.37pm
4or5Magicians
Paris Olympia

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

4or5Magicians said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

And in the same buying session, I bought the remastered deluxe edition of Ram. I'm quite satisfied with my purchases today.

And that sounds cool. Are there any pictures of the art?

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg……57a1f9.jpg

I've been up to my neck in bills, but managed to pick up With The Beatles while getting some textbooks I need, thus (re)completing my core collection (aside from having the 1987 release of Beatles For Sale). Now my to-buy (or to-buy again in some cases) list is far less focused. These deluxe editions are going on the wish list for sure.

Back on topic, I'm now listening to "Death Rides A Pale Cow" – a greatest hits of the Dead Milkmen album. Yeah, my taste in music is all over the place.

The following people thank 4or5Magicians for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo
23 March 2014
5.50pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9729

For anyone thinking of getting Venus and Mars and Wings At The Speed of Sound remember they are coming out in June all newly remastered and with bonus tracks (if you get the deluxe). 

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
23 March 2014
6.34pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2039

Listening to the radio. Katy Perry is on with her Dark Horse. I love this song, even though that weird synth melody is ripped off from another song. 

23 March 2014
6.43pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4113

Linde said
Listening to the radio. Katy Perry is on with her Dark Horse. I love this song, even though that weird synth melody is ripped off from another song. 

That song kinda reminds me of E.T by Katy Perry

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you did that then you win!

23 March 2014
7.18pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

Oh crap, I should've thought of that. Eh, whatever. It was remastered in 2010 I believe, recent enough

23 March 2014
7.37pm
meanmistermustard

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Oh crap, I should've thought of that. Eh, whatever. It was remastered in 2010 I believe, recent enough

Was there a Venus and Mars 2010 remaster? Band on the Run was 2010 and i cant see why VaM would come out then all newly polished if it was lined up for the Archive series. 

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
23 March 2014
7.45pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Was there a Venus and Mars 2010 remaster? Band on the Run was 2010 and i cant see why VaM would come out then all newly polished if it was lined up for the Archive series. 

Actually I just checked, and iTunes says it was remastered in 2012, so even more recently.

23 March 2014
8.20pm
meanmistermustard

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

meanmistermustard said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Actually I just checked, and iTunes says it was remastered in 2012, so even more recently.

Seems strange but maybe it was an exclusive to iTunes like the Anthology was. Nice to learn. 

Any other Paul remasters up there? Has he quietly upped his entire archive collection there so we don't have to wait until we're all dead and can't wait no more?

23 March 2014
8.23pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5105

"Music to Watch Girls By." I'm listening to Absolute Radio 60s, which has a stream I can listen to in the US. Funny, much like "A Taste Of Honey," I was previously only familiar with the instrumental version.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

23 March 2014
8.27pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

@meanmistermustard Let's see…

It says Ram in 2012

Venus And Mars in 2012

McCartney in 2011

McCartney II in 2011

and Band On The Run in 2010

23 March 2014
9.01pm
meanmistermustard

@IveJustSeenAFaceo  Sorry, should have been clear. Meant the albums we havent yet got like London Town, Back To The Egg, Driving Rain etc. 

23 March 2014
9.10pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

@meanmistermustard I just listed all the ones I saw.

23 March 2014
9.13pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

I went to my library to get some books today, and I decided to look through the CDs in case there might be something I was interested, and boy was there.

I got:

Wings Over America (remaster)
Kisses on the Bottom
Memory Almost Full
Run Devil Run

Led Zeppelin's reunion Celebration Day

Peal Jam and Rush's new albums: Lightning Bolt and Clockwork Angels respectively.

And some more, I ended up with twelve great CDs. I should go back there sometime.

23 March 2014
9.24pm
meanmistermustard

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
@meanmistermustard I just listed all the ones I saw.

Oh, Ok. Thank you.

Libraries are amazing resources. I got 20 original Johnny Cash LP's from one, all for 85p hire for the the week as it was in a box plus releases from, amongst others, David Bowie, Elvis, Bob Marley, and Emmylou Harris.. We could have a local library finds thread.  

23 March 2014
9.25pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3026

@IveJustSeenAFaceo @meanmistermustard I seem to recall having a conversation about this in another thread before. From what I recall, it is not a 2012 remaster. V&M had been absent from iTunes for some time, and it seems that they got permission to put up their 2007 digital version of the 1993 remaster for The Paul McCartney Collection (maybe to whet the appetite for this year's Archive release). The 2012 date refers only to when that remaster was made available on iTunes in its current form (which, I believe, is minus the three bonus tracks originally included on the CD release, and the additional bonus track iTunes added to those in 2007).

It is the 1993 remaster stripped-back to just the original 13 tracks on the original album.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, Mr. Kite, Hey Jude, Rita Eleanor, Sugarplum fairy, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
47 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9727

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5105

Ahhh Girl: 4939

mithveaen: 4651

Annadog40: 4113

Zig: 4099

Mr. Kite: 3658

Ron Nasty: 3026

fabfouremily: 2934

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2590

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3161

Newest Members: macdog, estoreparka, mouse, ug3hp, tilt

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4939), meanmistermustard (9727), Zig (4099), Joe (3450)

Administrators: Joe (3450), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None