Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
"What are you listening to right now?" thread
23 March 2014
3.29pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2681sp_Permalink sp_Print

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

23 March 2014
4.01pm
4or5Magicians
The Foothills of the Headlands
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 184
2682sp_Permalink sp_Print

Johnny Cash – Out Among the Stars

Streaming for free on Amazon in promotion of the pre-release of the album. Good stuff.

23 March 2014
4.52pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
2683sp_Permalink sp_Print

Newly purchased remastered Venus And Mars Wow, is this a good album.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

23 March 2014
5.04pm
4or5Magicians
London Palladium
Members
2684sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ooh. I’ll have to pick that up. Haven’t heard it in years. I remember loving “Magneto and Titanium Man” when I was a teenage comic book junkie. I was just reading about how they gave artist Jack Kirby back stage passes to their show and he gave them an original drawing he did of Paul and Linda. After reading that, I now have my most-wanted piece of rock/comics memorabilia if I ever become a millionaire and it goes up for sale. No question.

23 March 2014
5.09pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2685sp_Permalink sp_Print

4or5Magicians said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ooh. I’ll have to pick that up. Haven’t heard it in years. I remember loving “Magneto and Titanium Man” when I was a teenage comic book junkie. I was just reading about how they gave artist Jack Kirby back stage passes to their show and he gave them an original drawing he did of Paul and Linda. After reading that, I now have my most-wanted piece of rock/comics memorabilia if I ever become a millionaire and it goes up for sale. No question.

And in the same buying session, I bought the remastered deluxe edition of Ram I’m quite satisfied with my purchases today.

And that sounds cool. Are there any pictures of the art?

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

23 March 2014
5.37pm
4or5Magicians
London Palladium
Members
2686sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

4or5Magicians said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

And in the same buying session, I bought the remastered deluxe edition of Ram I’m quite satisfied with my purchases today.

And that sounds cool. Are there any pictures of the art?

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg……57a1f9.jpg

I’ve been up to my neck in bills, but managed to pick up With The Beatles while getting some textbooks I need, thus (re)completing my core collection (aside from having the 1987 release of Beatles For Sale ). Now my to-buy (or to-buy again in some cases) list is far less focused. These deluxe editions are going on the wish list for sure.

Back on topic, I’m now listening to “Death Rides A Pale Cow” – a greatest hits of the Dead Milkmen album. Yeah, my taste in music is all over the place.

The following people thank 4or5Magicians for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo
23 March 2014
5.50pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
2687sp_Permalink sp_Print

http://www.dailymotion.com/vid…..lity_music

For anyone thinking of getting Venus And Mars and Wings At The Speed Of Sound remember they are coming out in June all newly remastered and with bonus tracks (if you get the deluxe). 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

23 March 2014
6.34pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2688sp_Permalink sp_Print

Listening to the radio. Katy Perry is on with her Dark Horse . I love this song, even though that weird synth melody is ripped off from another song. 

23 March 2014
6.43pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2689sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Listening to the radio. Katy Perry is on with her Dark Horse . I love this song, even though that weird synth melody is ripped off from another song. 

That song kinda reminds me of E.T by Katy Perry

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

23 March 2014
7.18pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2690sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh crap, I should’ve thought of that. Eh, whatever. It was remastered in 2010 I believe, recent enough

23 March 2014
7.37pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2691sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Oh crap, I should’ve thought of that. Eh, whatever. It was remastered in 2010 I believe, recent enough

Was there a Venus And Mars 2010 remaster? Band On The Run was 2010 and i cant see why VaM would come out then all newly polished if it was lined up for the Archive series. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

23 March 2014
7.45pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2692sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Was there a Venus And Mars 2010 remaster? Band On The Run was 2010 and i cant see why VaM would come out then all newly polished if it was lined up for the Archive series. 

Actually I just checked, and iTunes says it was remastered in 2012, so even more recently.

23 March 2014
8.20pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2693sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

meanmistermustard said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Actually I just checked, and iTunes says it was remastered in 2012, so even more recently.

Seems strange but maybe it was an exclusive to iTunes like the Anthology was. Nice to learn. 

Any other Paul remasters up there? Has he quietly upped his entire archive collection there so we don’t have to wait until we’re all dead and can’t wait no more?

23 March 2014
8.23pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2694sp_Permalink sp_Print

“Music to Watch Girls By.” I’m listening to Absolute Radio 60s, which has a stream I can listen to in the US. Funny, much like “A Taste Of Honey ,” I was previously only familiar with the instrumental version.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

23 March 2014
8.27pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2695sp_Permalink sp_Print

@meanmistermustard Let’s see…

It says Ram  in 2012

Venus And Mars  in 2012

McCartney in 2011

McCartney II  in 2011

and Band On The Run in 2010

23 March 2014
9.01pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2696sp_Permalink sp_Print

@IveJustSeenAFaceo  Sorry, should have been clear. Meant the albums we havent yet got like London Town , Back To The Egg , Driving Rain etc. 

23 March 2014
9.10pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2697sp_Permalink sp_Print

@meanmistermustard I just listed all the ones I saw.

23 March 2014
9.13pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2698sp_Permalink sp_Print

I went to my library to get some books today, and I decided to look through the CDs in case there might be something I was interested, and boy was there.

I got:

Wings Over America  (remaster)
Kisses On The Bottom
Memory Almost Full
Run Devil Run

Led Zeppelin’s reunion Celebration Day

Peal Jam and Rush’s new albums: Lightning Bolt and Clockwork Angels respectively.

And some more, I ended up with twelve great CDs. I should go back there sometime.

23 March 2014
9.24pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2699sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
@meanmistermustard I just listed all the ones I saw.

Oh, Ok. Thank you.

Libraries are amazing resources. I got 20 original Johnny Cash LP’s from one, all for 85p hire for the the week as it was in a box plus releases from, amongst others, David Bowie, Elvis, Bob Marley, and Emmylou Harris.. We could have a local library finds thread.  

23 March 2014
9.25pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2700sp_Permalink sp_Print

@IveJustSeenAFaceo @meanmistermustard I seem to recall having a conversation about this in another thread before. From what I recall, it is not a 2012 remaster. V&M had been absent from iTunes for some time, and it seems that they got permission to put up their 2007 digital version of the 1993 remaster for The Paul McCartney Collection (maybe to whet the appetite for this year’s Archive release). The 2012 date refers only to when that remaster was made available on iTunes in its current form (which, I believe, is minus the three bonus tracks originally included on the CD release, and the additional bonus track iTunes added to those in 2007).

It is the 1993 remaster stripped-back to just the original 13 tracks on the original album.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Joe, Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691