Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
"What are you listening to right now?" thread
21 March 2014
1.16pm
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2661sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
@Matt Busby One After 909 on Let It Be and Let It Be Naked is the live recording on Apple’s rooftop on the 30th January.

I knew I should have looked that up first!  Thanks for the correction.  I guess it’s just that the Naked version is cleaned up better?  I dunno, the whole Naked album sounded better to me than the original, even the ones that were the same.  And I could swear I heard some vague background noises on One After 909 , but maybe I was imagining them (it’s happened before).  And I thought Don’t Let Me Down was from the rooftop concert, but John’s daft verse isn’t on either version.

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

21 March 2014
1.50pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2662sp_Permalink sp_Print

Don’t Let Me Down is from the rooftop but Apple saw fit to edit the two performances together to mask John’s vocal fluffs (don’t get me started on that).

There are a couple of threads where folks discuss LIBN and express their views on it for your reading perusal, maybe you’ve been there before.

Naked for You

Get Back, Let It Be or Let It Be Naked

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Matt Busby

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

21 March 2014
3.44pm
DrBeatle
The Midwest via Boston
Candlestick Park
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 1595
2663sp_Permalink sp_Print

Frank Zappa – Fillmore East – June 1971

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @rocknrollchem

Facebook: rnrchemist

21 March 2014
10.50pm
AbbeyRoadRage
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 162
2664sp_Permalink sp_Print

I take Italian in school, so when we’re not studying vocabulary or grammar, we sometimes read Italian stories or news articles.  A while ago though, we were given the lyrics to a song, which we had to translate; the song (which I was reminded of today) is “La Partita di Pallone” (“The Ballgame”) by Rita Pavone.

Also, this is a song that I heard when I was younger, however it was before I started taking Italian.  Now that I’ve been studying the language for three years, I can actually appreciate the lyrics.  It’s called “Con Te Partirò” (known in English as “Time to Say Goodbye” [literally “With You I Will Leave”]) by Andrea Bocelli.

21 March 2014
11.04pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2665sp_Permalink sp_Print

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

21 March 2014
11.35pm
AbbeyRoadRage
London Palladium
Members
2666sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh!  I just remembered something I wanted to share here.  This is pretty funny; just listen to it.

list=UUj5L5KXHnInQ5VCkaMWaVxQ

21 March 2014
11.52pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2667sp_Permalink sp_Print

The End with his drum solo is brilliant. They don’t always work (five in total, the others being Here Comes The Sun , I Am The Walrus & Tomorrow Never Knows /Within You, Without You) and very cruel yet very funny.

22 March 2014
12.07am
AbbeyRoadRage
London Palladium
Members

meanmistermustard said
The End with his drum solo is brilliant. They don’t always work (five in total, the others being Here Comes The Sun , I Am The Walrus & Tomorrow Never Knows /Within You, Without You) and very cruel yet very funny.

Those snare fills kill me.  Besides “A Day In The Life ,” my favorite is “Come Together .”

22 March 2014
12.41am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
2669sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why do I have this feeling we’re all going to hell for enjoying those Pete Best videos?

Oh, I’m listening to this… feel free to sing along y’all, lyrics are provided…

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

22 March 2014
12.56am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22236
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Love me some Conway Twitty! And ^ that is a great song!

Another country offering for this post. Good for a Friday night.

I wanna set you free, I wanna take you high
I wanna be, wanna be your Friday night
Oh your Friday night

22 March 2014
1.09am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2671sp_Permalink sp_Print

AbbeyRoadRage said

meanmistermustard said

Those snare fills kill me.  Besides “A Day In The Life ,” my favorite is “Come Together .”

Well thats what you get for believing what you read on Youtube. Five in total yet there are others.

22 March 2014
1.34am
AbbeyRoadRage
London Palladium
Members
2672sp_Permalink sp_Print

@meanmistermustard if you saw that, never mind.  I just got what you said.  It’s getting late where I am and I wasn’t thinking straight. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14  Sorry. a-hard-days-night-ringo-5

22 March 2014
1.44am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2673sp_Permalink sp_Print

AbbeyRoadRage said
@meanmistermustard if you saw that, never mind.  I just got what you said.  It’s getting late where I am and I wasn’t thinking straight. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14  Sorry. a-hard-days-night-ringo-5

@AbbeyRoadRage. Got what? Said what? Sorry for what? 

I missed whatever you posted so there is no need to apologise as i have no idea what you posted. It’s all good.apple01

22 March 2014
1.53am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22236
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
2674sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just listened to these Pete Best songs.

If I had to choose between these and the Stars on 45 post on the songs-missing-from-us-albums thread, I’m going with the latter.

22 March 2014
2.22am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2675sp_Permalink sp_Print

Small doses are required admittedly of the Pete Best vids. However that Stars on 45 is so dreadfully lame, cheesy, cheap, lousy and badly put together i’d go with the Pete Best drumming – and it was officially done. And people would have bought it. Shame on them. I honestly don’t know what was worth that or that new future arriving now Love Me Do abomination that we have forced down our throats.

By the way whatever happened to that upcoming new Beatles album that was 14(?) brand new creations of the Beatles original recordings improved with the latest cutting edge technology to bring it slap-bang into the modern era? It was posted here a few months back as coming really soon and we’ve not heard anything. I found the thread; was meant to be getting released on February 4th 2014.

22 March 2014
2.58am
AbbeyRoadRage
London Palladium
Members
2676sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

AbbeyRoadRage said

@AbbeyRoadRage. Got what? Said what? Sorry for what? 

I missed whatever you posted so there is no need to apologise as i have no idea what you posted. It’s all good.apple01

Yeah, I deleted the post.  Somehow I had misread your earlier response to the Pete Best videos and I replied asking you to clarify.  But I read your post again and it made perfect sense.  So yeah, it’s all good.  Thanks a-hard-days-night-george-10

22 March 2014
11.07am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
2677sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Small doses are required admittedly of the Pete Best vids. However that Stars on 45 is so dreadfully lame, cheesy, cheap, lousy and badly put together i’d go with the Pete Best drumming – and it was officially done. And people would have bought it. Shame on them. I honestly don’t know what was worth that or that new future arriving now Love Me Do abomination that we have forced down our throats.

By the way whatever happened to that upcoming new Beatles album that was 14(?) brand new creations of the Beatles original recordings improved with the latest cutting edge technology to bring it slap-bang into the modern era? It was posted here a few months back as coming really soon and we’ve not heard anything. I found the thread; was meant to be getting released on February 4th 2014.

People did buy it- it went to #1 here in the US in late ’81. ahdn_paul_01

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

22 March 2014
12.13pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said

People did buy it- it went to #1 here in the US in late ’81. ahdn_paul_01

Surely a result of John’s murder and the resultant explosion in all things Beatle-related..

22 March 2014
2.31pm
AbbeyRoadRage
London Palladium
Members
2679sp_Permalink sp_Print

The original “Layla” by Derek and the Dominos is playing on the radio.

22 March 2014
11.07pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
2680sp_Permalink sp_Print

A second ago, it was 

Bye Bye Love – The Everly Brothers 

Now it’s

Cabinessence – The Beach Boys  

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Ahhh Girl, Timothy
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22235, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694