"What are you listening to right now?" thread | Page 120 | All together now | Fab forum

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
"What are you listening to right now?" thread
24 January 2014
1.42am
wetsroosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 800

"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good."

24 January 2014
7.01pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea
Forum Posts: 3381

On total repeat for 30 minutes now. Yes, I'm playing air guitar. Be very glad you can't see me doing this. a-hard-days-night-george-10

Can buy Joe love! Here's the link that explains how. http://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/getting-better/forum-changes/page-9/#p110183

24 January 2014
8.58pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Forum Posts: 3299

Ahhh Girl said

Zig said
Is it possible for a song to both relax and energize you at the same time? Yep.

Zig, have you ever been to Beale Street? This song makes me feel like I'm there.

Regrettably, no. But I get it…

The other night, I added Pandora to my ROKU channels and selected something like "Blues Guitarists" (I love the Blues!!). In an hour's time, I heard no less than three versions of this song including a live performance by Eric Clapton from 1999. Great song.  

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Can buy Joe love! If you're going to buy that song, album, or T-shirt anyway; please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

24 January 2014
9.26pm
Ahhh Girl

Zig said

Ahhh Girl said

Zig, have you ever been to Beale Street? This song makes me feel like I'm there.

Regrettably, no. But I get it…

The other night, I added Pandora to my ROKU channels and selected something like "Blues Guitarists" (I love the Blues!!). In an hour's time, I heard no less than three versions of this song including a live performance by Eric Clapton from 1999. Great song.  

If you ever do make it down to Memphis, let me know, and mom and I can be your personal tour guides. She's lived there for 70 years now. I grew up there and go back and visit as often as I can.

Can buy Joe love! Here's the link that explains how. http://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/getting-better/forum-changes/page-9/#p110183

24 January 2014
9.33pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Forum Posts: 3299

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I've only driven through it on my way across country. I so wanted to stop and soak in the musical history but unfortunately our itinerary did not allow for it. I must make it a point to go there. I loved New Orleans and Charleston, SC for their historical attractions (not necessarily musical history) and imagine Memphis must be very similar.

I may have to take you up on your offer someday.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Can buy Joe love! If you're going to buy that song, album, or T-shirt anyway; please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

24 January 2014
9.53pm
Ahhh Girl

Zig said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I've only driven through it on my way across country. I so wanted to stop and soak in the musical history but unfortunately our itinerary did not allow for it. I must make it a point to go there. I loved New Orleans and Charleston, SC for their historical attractions (not necessarily musical history) and imagine Memphis must be very similar.

I may have to take you up on your offer someday.

We can make plans, definitely. Mom and I have played Memphis tour guide to many, many people through the years. We have a blast doing it.

24 January 2014
9.59pm
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1404

25 January 2014
1.20am
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1429

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you did that then you win!

25 January 2014
9.36am
Necko
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 469

Regarding the above conversation (not sure what exactly would be best to quote), I've been to Beale Street.  I ate at B.B. King's, went to some shops, did tourist-y stuff, and saw some bands.  It was good fun.

Anyhow, nobody would like what I'm listening to besides me, so I'm just going to pass this time around.  I just wanted to say that Beale Street thing.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.
25 January 2014
2.22pm
Ahhh Girl

Necko said
Regarding the above conversation (not sure what exactly would be best to quote), I've been to Beale Street.  I ate at B.B. King's, went to some shops, did tourist-y stuff, and saw some bands.  It was good fun.

Anyhow, nobody would like what I'm listening to besides me, so I'm just going to pass this time around.  I just wanted to say that Beale Street thing.

Glad you've had the pleasure of savoring Beale Street. In honor of you and Zig, I'm listening to this right now.

Put on my blue suede shoes and I boarded the plane
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the pouring rain
W.C. Handy, won't you look down over me?
'Cause I got a first class ticket (to ride – no not really), and I'm as blue as a boy can be

I'm walking in Memphis
Walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale

W.C. Handy statue on Beale Street.

26 January 2014
8.26pm
Necko
Shea Stadium

26 January 2014
9.11pm
Necko
Shea Stadium

27 January 2014
10.31pm
AppleScruffJunior
The Village
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1315

I'm feeling extremely patriotic tonight (give us back Northern Ireland, you English ba…. and the like)

So:

Let it be known, that I in no way support the IRA, I think they are cowards who kill innocent men, women and children in order to "win" a country that Ireland won't see back at least in my lifetime. No Northern Irish want it back and to be honest only ignorant Republicans want it back-in that it's debt would sink the R.O.I to whatever depths are still left in hell.

But I'm all for a good sing-song

*pulls out fiddle*

*loading witty comment-loading failed*

27 January 2014
10.47pm
Ron Nasty
Floating downstream in the suburbs...
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2530

As Anglo-Irish, I have two points of view.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
27 January 2014
11.44pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1429

I have been getting into Eminem lately (and by that I mean today)

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you did that then you win!

28 January 2014
12.52am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3687

Because of the mash-up with Daft Punk at the Grammys, I've been listening to Stevie Wonder's "Another Star."

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

28 January 2014
1.19am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1732

Nirvana – About A Girl

29 January 2014
6.10pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Forum Posts: 2941

^^^ I could never get into Nirvana. I'm sorry, but I don't really get what's meant to be so great about them. Judging by the number of fans they seem to have, though, I must be missing something.

This is what I'm listening to:

I've recently been on a voyage of discovery of classical music and, though I knew about this a long time ago and liked it, I love it even more now I have a deeper understanding of this type of music.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

29 January 2014
6.20pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3687

I went through a grunge phase when it was the thing. At the time it spoke to me, and I still like Alice in Chains. Ironically, though, my favorite Nirvana song is their acoustic version of "About a Girl" which isn't so grungy (but maybe not so ironic since the song was inspired by repeat listens of Meet the Beatles). Nowadays, I like the Foo Fighters far more.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

29 January 2014
7.07pm
wetsroosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 800

parlance said
I went through a grunge phase when it was the thing. At the time it spoke to me, and I still like Alice in Chains. Ironically, though, my favorite Nirvana song is their acoustic version of "About a Girl" which isn't so grungy (but maybe not so ironic since the song was inspired by repeat listens of Meet the Beatles). Nowadays, I like the Foo Fighters far more.

parlance

I never really got into grunge, even though the first radio station I ever interned at was a modern rock station (which in 1995, meant grunge and LOTS of it). Back then, I was into classic rock more. I've come to appreciate grunge a little more now, but it's still not my cup of tea.

As for what I'm listening to today, it's Nickel Creek's excellent cover of Bob Dylan's "Tomorrow is a Long Time." Sara Watkins' singing KILLS me here. Makes you want to hold her and tell her it'll be all right.

"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good."

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online:
37 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today Linde
Upcoming Mr Bellamy, BeatlesBibleFanGirl

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 7230

mr. Sun king coming together: 6972

mithveaen: 4678

parlance: 3687

MeanMrsMustard: 2803

Ron Nasty: 2530

skye: 2295

IveJustSeenAFaceo: 2036

LongHairedLady: 1891

Von Bontee: 1843

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2333

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 33

Topics: 3067

Newest Members: captaindiggity, ChristianCorl, primadonna paul, Simple Press, Kattatude

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (3381), fabfouremily (2941), Zig (3299), Joe (3217), Ellie (1)

Administrators: Joe (3217)