"What are you listening to right now?" thread | Page 115 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

"What are you listening to right now?" thread
11 November 2013
6.05pm
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1873

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

LongHairedLady said
I'm listening to this really fab band, not sure if anyone has ever heard of them…  they call themselves "The Beatles".  a-hard-days-night-john-1

Today I am listening to the albums all the way though, only skipping maybe three songs, like "Mr. Moonlight" for example, because, just NO…  

Almost on Revolver  now.  heart

I've heard that the guys in that band are as good to the eyes as they are to the ears. Delectible combination.

I've heard that only one was any good and the others were nothing more than talentless hacks who got lucky.apple02

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

11 November 2013
6.09pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3011

LongHairedLady said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

LongHairedLady said
I'm listening to this really fab band, not sure if anyone has ever heard of them…  they call themselves "The Beatles".  a-hard-days-night-john-1

Today I am listening to the albums all the way though, only skipping maybe three songs, like "Mr. Moonlight" for example, because, just NO…  

Almost on Revolver  now.  heart

I've heard that the guys in that band are as good to the eyes as they are to the ears. Delectible combination.

I've heard that only one was any good and the others were nothing more than talentless hacks who got lucky.apple02

A nice gif of Paul wondering where he'd be if not for Ringo, LHL!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
11 November 2013
8.41pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9539

Roy Orbison – Crying.

Tho every time i hear the song i cannot stop from remembering the performance in Only Fools and Horse by Tony Algelino (apologies for the lack of decent quality clip).

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
18 November 2013
7.01pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5066

We have construction going on, freaking out my new kitten. This week of all weeks, a jackhammer. They're taking a break, so I'm calming her down with my Easy Listening Pandora station. Donald Fagen's I.G.Y just came up.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

26 November 2013
6.54pm
meanmistermustard

A Sixties female singers 3 cd-set which includes a few tracks the Beatles ended up covering. Anyway it gives me the excuse to post one of the greatest clips in the history of everything. 

Rita Moreno with The Muppets doing Fever. Animal is utterly breathtakingly brilliant and oh so cute.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
26 November 2013
8.53pm
laceychik
St Peters Church
Forum Posts: 11

I Need You – The Beatles a-hard-days-night-george-4

I love this song, I'm going to try to memorize the lyrics so I can sing it whenever I want :)

3 December 2013
1.57am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4816

Paul's Ecce Cor Meum cd. Very relaxing.

3 December 2013
5.05am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1873

Paul's 1991 "Unplugged" album.  Also very relaxing.  a-hard-days-night-john-1heart

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

5 December 2013
3.14pm
meanmistermustard

Macca's Same Love. What a feckin' tune.

22 December 2013
2.03pm
meanmistermustard

The original Anna (Go To Him) by Arthur Alexander. Interesting that John changed some of the lyrics.

22 December 2013
8.33pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 3982

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I see what they liked about this one. Great song!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

22 December 2013
9.15pm
meanmistermustard

Zig said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I see what they liked about this one. Great song!

And a great vocal/voice. Will have to track down some of Arthur's other work.

23 December 2013
11.06am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2934

^ I did, but found the rest mostly disappointing. Don't let stop you, though.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

24 December 2013
4.32am
Necko
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 789

Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby (Live) – The Beatles 

I'm watching episode four of the Anthology right now. 

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.
24 December 2013
3.11pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 3982

One of my co-workers is playing Xmas music. Currently listening to Perry Como crooning 'The Christmas Song'. 

Missing my wife and dog dearly as they are in Pennsylvania and I am in Maine. We won't be together until 1/1/14.

*deep sigh*

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

24 December 2013
3.21pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4816

Zig said
One of my co-workers is playing Xmas music. Currently listening to Perry Como crooning 'The Christmas Song'. 

Missing my wife and dog dearly as they are in Pennsylvania and I am in Maine. We won't be together until 1/1/14.

*deep sigh*

a-hard-days-night-ringo-13 Sending happy brainwaves your way.

25 December 2013
10.51am
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

I don't really like Christmas music, but I will listen to this one (though only once per year):

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

28 December 2013
10.48pm
Necko
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 789

fabfouremily said
I don't really like Christmas music, but I will listen to this one (though only once per year):

Hey, it's really more of an anti-war song than a Christmas song (at least, in my worthless opinion…).

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.
29 December 2013
10.54am
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

^ Yeah, I guess. It's called Merry Xmas, though. I suppose it can be classed as both.

31 December 2013
3.39pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1397

I've been a massive REM fan since the late-80s but hadn't played them much. Well, I read and reviewed a great bio on them over Christmas and I've been on a mega REM kick, listening to all the albums in order. Right now I've gone back to their debut EP, Chronic Town.

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @blackbookblur

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: vonbontee, Zig, Necko, DrBeatle, WETSRoosa, Annadog40
51 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9539

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5066

Ahhh Girl: 4816

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 3982

Annadog40: 3943

Mr. Kite: 3508

Ron Nasty: 3011

fabfouremily: 2934

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2567

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3175

Newest Members: Chlobeans, beatle1965, beatle 146, GoldenSlumbers, JohnnyPaulieGeorgieRings

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4816), meanmistermustard (9539), Zig (3982), Joe (3444)

Administrators: Joe (3444), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None