"What are you listening to right now?" thread | Page 109 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
"What are you listening to right now?" thread
No permission to create posts
22 September 2013
7.24pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17129
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Listening to George's albums on the Dark Horse label from '76 onwards. 33 & 1/3 and George Harrison are actually quite good, strong albums whilst Somewhere in England is pretty poor with a lot of quickly forgotten tracks. Any album that has Dark Sweet Lady, Blow Away, Soft Hearted Hana and Here Comes The Moon amongst the offerings is going to be good.

Up next Gone Troppo.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
23 September 2013
1.52am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1112
2162sp_Permalink

meanmistermustard said
Listening to George's albums on the Dark Horse label from '76 onwards. 33 & 1/3 and
George Harrison are actually quite good, strong albums whilst Somewhere in England is pretty poor with a lot of quickly forgotten tracks. Any album that has Dark Sweet Lady, Blow Away, Soft Hearted Hana and Here Comes The Moon amongst the offerings is going to be good.

Up next Gone Troppo.

Thirty Three & 1/3 and George Harrison are my two personal favorite George albums. Gone Troppo is not great, but it's an enjoyable listen. Did you get the Dark Horse box set?

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
23 September 2013
4.29am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5535
2163sp_Permalink

meanmistermustard said
Listening to George's albums on the Dark Horse label from '76 onwards. 33 & 1/3 and
George Harrison are actually quite good, strong albums whilst Somewhere in England is pretty poor with a lot of quickly forgotten tracks. Any album that has Dark Sweet Lady, Blow Away, Soft Hearted Hana and Here Comes The Moon amongst the offerings is going to be good.

Up next Gone Troppo.

I used to have these on LP and thought it was a pretty good run of albums.  I also preferred the two you mention but "England" had its moments; I liked the two tracks they put on the Dark Horse compilation CD (the obvious one plus "Life Itself").

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (engaged for those not in the know!) <==
29 September 2013
6.15pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 7092
2167sp_Permalink

Still on a college a capella kick, and I found this performance of a group doing Janelle Monae:

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

1 October 2013
12.22am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5535
2170sp_Permalink

I have just made it up to "Help" on my trawl through my recent purchases, which I am doing chronologically by artist (so, in theory, Beatles, then Harrison, then Lennon etc).

However, I am having a bit of a crisis at the moment.  When I have a few albums to catch up on, I usually listen to each album at least twice before moving to the next one, but I am now fighting an urge to listen to all of them once and then go back to the start and do the same again.  Let alone the jumping from place to place; I just had to listen to the "Ringo" CD when it came in the mail, which threw my whole system into chaos.

I have an obsession fighting a compulsion :)

This happened to me a couple of years back when I rediscovered Neil Young and had around 60 of his CDs / DVDS staring at me from the shelf.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (engaged for those not in the know!) <==
1 October 2013
4.34am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1927
2172sp_Permalink

Revolution #9 backwards 

4 October 2013
7.58pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2971
2173sp_Permalink

This:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsmpg5wkIsGcF0wN6OSNTKikExnPduo0RxI7mn7Xt0J3wfeJUSxgImage Enlarger

Brilliant album, and a nice way to unwind on a Friday night.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

4 October 2013
8.36pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3488
2174sp_Permalink

This:

I feckin love sitar! And Norah sounds amazing, as always....

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!                  *** Make Love, Not Wardrobes!                 *** "Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison
4 October 2013
8.43pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
2176sp_Permalink
INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!                  *** Make Love, Not Wardrobes!                 *** "Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison
4 October 2013
9.13pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
2178sp_Permalink

Start here- Collect £200 and listen to Feels Like Home and Come Away With Me (albums)- become engrossed in Norah Jones a-hard-days-night-george-10

I love Anoushka as well, she seems like a genuinely nice person and a very talented one at that!

4 October 2013
9.16pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
2180sp_Permalink

Dear Prudence said
The  "Spongebob Squarepants" theme song.

Hmm, I know Prudence doesn't post here anymore but feck it anyways

Here's the Irish version of the SpongeBob theme and I'm one of the kids voices on it a-hard-days-night-george-10

Did it when I was about 5/6 :D

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Necko, Annadog40, Merch
57 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17120

Ahhh Girl: 10726

Annadog40: 9698

Zig: 7531

parlance: 7092