"What are you listening to right now?" thread | Page 108 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

"What are you listening to right now?" thread
3 September 2013
8.00pm
acmac
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 231

@Ahhh Girl,

It's been so fun and interesting to read your comments as a brand new initiate to Beatledom! I hope you will continue to share your thoughts and experiences, as it's lovely to see things through new eyes, both for fresh insights that might not occur to old-hats, and because it's jolly good fun to read! :)

3 September 2013
8.09pm
LikeASir
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 175

Seeing as it's Zeptember I've decided to dedicate most of my listening time to Led Zeppelin. However I'm slightly disappointed with it all....they started out with this nice rocking bluesy feel and then moved onto acoustic work. Not that I don't like acoustic songs, but even the rock songs they did just sounded a bit lighter than usual. Anyway's I've just finished Led Zeppelin III so I'll move onto Led Zeppelin IV in a couple of days.

http://afloydianslip.tumblr.com/

"White Album - My joint-fave Beatles album along with Revolver. They show the two sides of Beatles. Revolver's very controlled - even though it's also very innovative. The White Album's playful and almost ramshackle. It's like a scrapbook kept by a genius. Fantastic stuff."

3 September 2013
8.39pm
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2087

A 19th-century French classical composer, Vincent D'Indy, and his piece Choral Varie written in 1903, for symphony orchestra and, interestingly enough, saxophone.  The saxophone (played by Sigurður Flosason for the Iceland Symphony Orchestra) doesn't sound jazzy at all, but almost like a clarinet, yet with a distinctly stronger and metallic sonority.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
3 September 2013
9.31pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5491

acmac said
@Ahhh Girl,

It's been so fun and interesting to read your comments as a brand new initiate to Beatledom! I hope you will continue to share your thoughts and experiences, as it's lovely to see things through new eyes, both for fresh insights that might not occur to old-hats, and because it's jolly good fun to read! :)

Thank you, acmac! I'm just glad I started listening to everything I could get my hands on before I read any post of what others consider good or bad or like/dislike. I am trying to avoid those threads and comments so I can keep an open mind. To break my own rule here, I love "Press" by Paul McCartney. I've lived in Oklahoma since 1997 so I really get into "Oklahoma was never like this."

3 September 2013
10.17pm
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1770

cbatcu said
Please Please Me is the next album up in my alphabetical list.I shall be entertained as I settle in for an afternoon of cataloging at work.

Nice - I'm doing them chronologically at the moment as I just bought the box set and about 20 other assorted CDs and DVDs.  Help is next up for me.

4 September 2013
3.20pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2947

LikeASir said

Seeing as it's Zeptember I've decided to dedicate most of my listening time to Led Zeppelin. However I'm slightly disappointed with it all....they started out with this nice rocking bluesy feel and then moved onto acoustic work. Not that I don't like acoustic songs, but even the rock songs they did just sounded a bit lighter than usual. Anyway's I've just finished Led Zeppelin III so I'll move onto Led Zeppelin IV in a couple of days.

Am currently in the process of going through their 70s catalogue. I love the acoustic stuff, so I don't mind at all. Listening to 'Going to California' live at Earl's Court makes me shiver.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

9 September 2013
9.11am
LadyBay
Following The Sun
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 106

LikeASir said

Led Zep IV - you're in for a treat!

"Try to realise it's all within yourself - no-one else can make you change"

9 September 2013
9.15am
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

^ Been there, done that. :D I've almost got through all their catalogue now, and very impressed I am. Dunno why I've put it off for so long really. They were quite an amazing group, it seems.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

9 September 2013
7.45pm
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop

I would say that Robert Plant is a serious contender for the spot of the Second Greatest Rock Singer of all time (Paul being #1, of course).

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
9 September 2013
8.02pm
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop

My ipod randomly came up with a James Taylor song I hadn't listened to in a long time, from his last album October Road -- an oddly quiet, meandering, gentle song, "Baby Buffalo":

9 September 2013
9.25pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5476

Listening to a stream of Elvis Costello and The Roots' collaboration. I've never been big on Costello, but I like some of the tracks, particularly the song with La Marisoul.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

10 September 2013
5.43am
LadyBay
Following The Sun
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 106

Funny Paper said
I would say that Robert Plant is a serious contender for the spot of the Second Greatest Rock Singer of all time (Paul being #1, of course)

I'd second that.

I've just seen the DVD "Sound City", which is well worth the viewing and there is the most amazing footage of Paul doing a track with Dave Grohl and others, can't recall who the others are or what it is called? (have to go back and have another look) but it was superb! 

"Try to realise it's all within yourself - no-one else can make you change"

10 September 2013
4.19pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Funny Paper said
I would say that Robert Plant is a serious contender for the spot of the Second Greatest Rock Singer of all time (Paul being #1, of course).

Agreed.

11 September 2013
10.48pm
Ahhh Girl

Peter Asher is on the sixties on six xm radio with Cousin Brucie. They are talking about the Beatles.

12 September 2013
10.50pm
Ahhh Girl

hi hi hi is on seventies on seven xm radio

13 September 2013
9.29pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

I heard this song on Pandora years ago, and was trying to describe to a friend the crazy lyrics about loving so hard that they passed out in the front yard. I finally found it again, and learned it was actually a cover.

"Double Shot (Of My Baby's Love)"

Something about changing it from a boy group to a girl group really puts a fine point on it. :-/

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

14 September 2013
12.35am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10358

Good song Parlance. Good find.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
15 September 2013
5.04pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10358

The weather outside is horrible, the football on the tv is so bad its quite amusing and Wings Wild Life is playing thru so its all good. Currently Wild Life is playing.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
15 September 2013
7.52pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said
Good song Parlance. Good find.

Thanks!

I've been in a nostalgic mood for an a capella singing group show in the US called The Sing-Off (which is coming back this season!) and I found this fantastic version of My Chemical Romance's "Sing." Can't stop listening to it.

parlance

22 September 2013
3.00pm
SimplyShady74
A Beginning
Forum Posts: 4

Currently enjoying 'Nod Over Coffee' by Mark Heard. 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: robert, Beatleva, She_is_leaving_home
45 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10354

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5491

parlance: 5476

Annadog40: 4709

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4534

Mr. Kite: 4274

Ron Nasty: 3213

fabfouremily: 2947

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2684

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3148

Newest Members: Rocky You're a Blackbird, Johnlovedcats, Alex, Aimo Kankkunen, henrysorren

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5491, meanmistermustard: 10354, Zig: 4534, Joe: 3491

Administrators: Joe: 3491, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: Mimi
Upcoming: Beatles4ever, Bulldog