"What are you listening to right now?" thread | Page 104 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

"What are you listening to right now?" thread
16 May 2013
11.30am
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2173

Band on the run!

16 May 2013
3.54pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2205

Sir Lord Baltimore, "Caesar LXXI"

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
16 May 2013
4.14pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2173

Listening to some Nirvana

17 May 2013
4.14pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop

John & Yoko, "Cambridge 1969"

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
18 May 2013
9.26am
Gerard
Philippines, the country which no Beatle would dare to perform again.
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 690

Room 335 by Larry Carlton

"And in the End the Love you take is equal to the Love you make"
"When I was a robber *Piano Chord* in Boston Place"
"Let's hope this turns out pretty darn good huh"
"Pete may be the best, but Ringo is the star"
Paul:"Don't be nervous John"
John:"I 'm not"
18 May 2013
6.27pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2947

'We have all the time in the world' by Louis Armstrong. Such a beautiful song, I always cry at it.

I've been on a Jazz kick today, and then I remembered this :D

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

22 May 2013
5.36pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Been on a 'Double Fantasy' kick all day so now I'm listening to 'I'm Losing You'. I know there's a lot of Yoko's tracks on there which I don't particularly like but, apart from that, I love this album. As it was the first one he released in five years I don't know why it didn't sell more at first, or maybe that's exactly the reason why.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

22 May 2013
7.50pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop

Frank Zappa's "Duck Duck Goose"

Before that was "Dirty Diana" (Michael Jackson), and before that was "Extension Out" (Sun Ra Arkestra); and before that was "Rain" (Beatles), and before that was, uh, something by Labelle whose title I can't remember. I love shuffle play! :)

22 May 2013
8.01pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1437

Paul's "Paul is Live" album. Magical Mystery Tour (the song) from it is on right now...

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @blackbookblur

22 May 2013
8.34pm
Beatles in the Blood
Nowhere Land
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 392

What I'm listening to is the great silence, very peaceful.

The Incedibly True Story THat Never Ends. By Sam.

Best Friend: WHat are you listening to

Me: The Beatles

Best Friend: Go Figure

22 May 2013
8.45pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1437

Now I'm onto Wings' "One Hand Clapping" soundtrack. It's excellent...the versions of Jet, Soily, Junior's Farm, Hi Hi Hi, and Band on the Run are the best they've done.

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @blackbookblur

22 May 2013
9.38pm
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2093

Farolito, a beautiful little gem of a romantic song, in Spanish, written by the great Mexican balladeer, Agustin Lara (born in 1900, died 1970 -- most of his hits were composed in the 1920s, 30s, 40s and 50s).

His full name was Ángel Agustín María Carlos Fausto Mariano Alfonso del Sagrado Corazón de Jesús Lara y Aguirre del Pino (!!!).

I only recently discovered this Mexican classic when I heard the current Mexican pop sensation, Natalia Lafourcade, do a cover of it (in a duet with the Brazilian musician Gilberto Gil):

Here's the original by Agustin Lara:

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
23 May 2013
5.50pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

^^ That song sounds familiar, though I can't think why it would. And what a long name (I see it has his pàrent's names in there too, doesn't it? - de Jesús Lara y Aguirre).

23 May 2013
7.57pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop

Funny Paper said

Farolito, a beautiful little gem of a romantic song, in Spanish, written by the great Mexican balladeer, Agustin Lara (born in 1900, died 1970 -- most of his hits were composed in the 1920s, 30s, 40s and 50s).

His full name was Ángel Agustín María Carlos Fausto Mariano Alfonso del Sagrado Corazón de Jesús Lara y Aguirre del Pino (!!!).

Funny Paper, that's the second-most awesome name I've seen on this forum! The single most awesome name is from the "Which of the Beatles children is your favourite?" thread, and is slightly more awesome simply because of, you know, the Beatles connection: "Countess Francesca McKnight Donatella Romana Gregorini de Savingniano di Romagnia!" (Barbara Bach's daughter.)

24 May 2013
2.38am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop

fabfouremily said
^^ That song sounds familiar, though I can't think why it would. And what a long name (I see it has his pàrent's names in there too, doesn't it? - de Jesús Lara y Aguirre).

Yeah, I think in Latin America and Spain they add on names from both mother and father.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
24 May 2013
2.40am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop

Von Bontee said

Funny Paper said

Funny Paper, that's the second-most awesome name I've seen on this forum! The single most awesome name is from the "Which of the Beatles children is your favourite?" thread, and is slightly more awesome simply because of, you know, the Beatles connection: "Countess Francesca McKnight Donatella Romana Gregorini de Savingniano di Romagnia!" (Barbara Bach's daughter.)

Was that a daughter from a previous marrage? And was she married to some Euro-royalty or something? (I'm guessing Monaco...?)

24 May 2013
8.17am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1948

The first "McCartney" album.  a-hard-days-night-paul-7heart

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

24 May 2013
7.58pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Paintbox by Pink Floyd. I woke up just wanting to hear it, so now I am :D

27 May 2013
1.36am
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1198

I'm listening to Elvis Presley sing gospel songs.

"This Beatles talk bores me to death." --John Lennon

27 May 2013
7.01pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

''Like Dreamers Do'', I'm on a kick of early Beatles songs :)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online:
51 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10383

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5517

parlance: 5495

Annadog40: 4734

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4549

Mr. Kite: 4294

Ron Nasty: 3217

fabfouremily: 2947

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2684

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3149

Newest Members: ZoeLouk, arsentev78, Rocky You're a Blackbird, Johnlovedcats, Alex

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5517, meanmistermustard: 10383, Zig: 4549, Joe: 3492

Administrators: Joe: 3492, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None