"What are you listening to right now?" thread | Page 102 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

"What are you listening to right now?" thread
10 March 2013
9.29pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 3682

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

11 March 2013
2.27am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1873

RAM on vinyl.  Heard the album millions of time, but this is the first time on vinyl.  heartheartheart

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

12 March 2013
10.20pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1941

MGMT's new single: Alien Days.

I don't like itpaul-mccartney

14 March 2013
2.49pm
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2176

Don Ellis, "Indian Lady"

I just want to play. I’d like to think I could work opposite Sinatra, B.B. King, the Beatles, or a polka band... - Jazz musician Rahsaan Roland Kirk, 1967
14 March 2013
3.07pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4910

I bought "Live At The BBC" as a birthday gift to myself and have been listening to it non-stop at home and in the car. heart

As an aside, every time I hear "Some Other Guy," I can't help but think of The Rutles "Goose Step Mama" and smile.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

15 March 2013
2.58am
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2176

That's interesting – is that the only Beatles song that reminds you of its Rutles doppelganger?

(Listening to Jimi Hendrix's "new album" People, Hell & Angels for the first time!)

I just want to play. I’d like to think I could work opposite Sinatra, B.B. King, the Beatles, or a polka band... - Jazz musician Rahsaan Roland Kirk, 1967
15 March 2013
3.27am
unknown
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1233

Bridge Over Troubled Water – haven't listened to this album in a while, forgot how much I love it. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
15 March 2013
11.02am
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1941

Checking out this Dutch artist called Jacco Gardner. He makes kind of psychedelic baroque pop. I really enjoy it!

15 March 2013
12.34pm
DrBeatle
Boston
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1387

A 3CD bootleg set by The Kinks called "The Songs We Sang for Auntie"…it's more BBC sessions that were left off the official released set. Right now, the song Celluloid Heroes, which is one of my all-time favorites.

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @blackbookblur

17 March 2013
4.03pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4910

vonbontee said
That's interesting – is that the only Beatles song that reminds you of its Rutles doppelganger?

Sorry, just saw this. No, no – it just prompts the most vivid visual: the boys bouncing around at the Cavern. And the idea of dedicating a song to a woman who goose steps makes me giggle.

I found "Electric Arguments" on sale last night, halfway through it. I'm feeling only one song so far, but I'll give it a few listens.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

18 April 2013
2.37am
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2971

I'm listening to a few things at the moment.

Looking a lot at my poetry at the minute, I dug out a couple of songs that gave me titles to work with (see the poetry thread), wondering whether the songs were as good as I remembered. Neither disappointed.

The first was a song called The Wound That Never Heals by Jim White. There's a great video for it on YouTube but I couldn't get it to play past twenty-five without downloading it, so this is just an audio of it. It's a very Nick Cave song, done from the American South. I'm in love again!

The second was an Ed Harcourt song called Whistle of a Distant Train. This is also an audio but such a beautiful, mournful song. If I didn't know he's a Londoner…

And I've been drawn back to an old friend of mine for some reason called Moira Lambert, who in the late '80s/early '90s fronted one of those bands who should have made it but didn't. My favourite song of theirs, that they released, was a Nick Drake cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..17LkRKVXJg

Her biggest hit was fronting Saint Etienne for their cover of Neil Young's Only Love Can Break Your Heart. Top 40 in the UK, No 1 Billboard Dance Chart. So far as I remember, back when FOR were starting to gain interest, and Saint Etienne were just getting started, she was asked to choose between the two. She chose her band, hence the "singer" in this video is an actress miming to her vocals. But what vocals! Still one of my favourite British female vocalists of the past 25 years.

Last I heard of was living in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, and doing TV soundtracks for things like "Survival of the Fittest: Tales from the West Coast Trail".

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
18 April 2013
3.38am
LongHairedLady
Apple rooftop

Specifically at this moment it's "Big Barn Bed" by Wings.  Lots of Wings and RAM today, in honour of Linda.  heartheartheart

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

18 April 2013
5.52am
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2175

P!nk – M!ssundaztood

Not my usual sorta thing by a long shot! But it's pretty good for what it is.

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
18 April 2013
5.32pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9268

George's Deep Blue followed by John's Bless You (the outtake from Anthology). Two beautiful stunning ballads.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
19 April 2013
7.57am
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop

Listening to Phish, Junta album

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
24 April 2013
10.16pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop

Miles Davis, "Two Faced"

25 April 2013
3.10am
LongHairedLady
Apple rooftop

"Scarlet Begonias" by Sublime. heart

25 April 2013
3.28am
Holsety
God Only Knows
Carnegie Hall
Forum Posts: 261

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..gC81VJarLQ

I'm weak for most live versions of this song, and I'm not exactly sure why yet.

Please don't wake me, no don't shake me, leave me where I am, I'm only sleeping~.
2 May 2013
6.35am
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop

Ringo's Ringo, which I found used for 6 bucks on the weekend. Nice little album!

2 May 2013
6.37am
Gerell
Philippines, the country which no Beatle would dare to perform again.
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 682

Room 335 by Larry Carlton

"And in the End the Love you take is equal to the Love you make"
"When I was a robber *Piano Chord* in Boston Place"
"Let's hope this turns out pretty darn good huh"
"Pete may be the best, but Ringo is the star"
Paul:"Don't be nervous John"
John:"I 'm not"
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Zig, Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, Mr. Kite, Matt Busby, MrMoonlight, thisbirdhasflown, Bulldog
51 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9268

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 4910

mithveaen: 4651

Ahhh Girl: 4544

Zig: 3678

Annadog40: 3638

Mr. Kite: 3277

Ron Nasty: 2971

fabfouremily: 2927

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2517

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3186

Newest Members: badbartimus, imabeatlemaniac, A Serviceable Villain, rich23, Karolina_

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4544), meanmistermustard (9268), Zig (3678), Joe (3405)

Administrators: Joe (3405), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: callan1967, trcanberra
Upcoming: hermajesty