Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
31 July 2015
2.28pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13421sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

meanmistermustard said
To be fair roast pig cooked on a spit is delicious and the little piglets should be delighted its not them. Perspective is required.

Well if they wait a year or so, it will be them, at least they’re getting life experience a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Perhaps the piglets might even participate in the pig-on-spit festivities! Clutching forks and knives all the while, naturally. 

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

31 July 2015
2.32pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
13422sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

meanmistermustard said
To be fair roast pig cooked on a spit is delicious and the little piglets should be delighted its not them. Perspective is required.

Well if they wait a year or so, it will be them, at least they’re getting life experience a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Mam was telling me last year, somebody didn’t spear the pig properly so they didn’t release all of the gas or whatnot and it exploded on the spit (I find that hilarious).

Not sure if seeing a pig explode would be funny or horrendous. The thought is but it would be gross.ahdn_paul_01

Seeing a fellow pig be roasted should only give the other little Piggies a greater determination to live their lives to the full. Really its doing them a service in giving them a year of pre-warning.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

31 July 2015
2.37pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
13423sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Silly Girl said
a-hard-days-night-john-3

30002.jpgImage Enlarger

I’m coming, @trcanberra! a-hard-days-night-john-6

I thought that said BOOO. a-hard-days-night-paul-4

So did I – my first thought was, “what does she have against trc?” a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

The following people thank Zig for this post:

trcanberra

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

31 July 2015
2.43pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
13424sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

AppleScruffJunior said

meanmistermustard said

Mam was telling me last year, somebody didn’t spear the pig properly so they didn’t release all of the gas or whatnot and it exploded on the spit (I find that hilarious).

Not sure if seeing a pig explode would be funny or horrendous. The thought is but it would be gross.ahdn_paul_01

Seeing a fellow pig be roasted should only give the other little Piggies a greater determination to live their lives to the full. Really its doing them a service in giving them a year of pre-warning.

Isn’t it easier just to play them ‘Time‘? That song is a very suitable sermon against wasting your all-too-brief existence. 

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

31 July 2015
2.46pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
13425sp_Permalink sp_Print

Maybe, but you dont have some nice juicy roast pig to eat when cooked. 

Still not as nice as bacon tho. Tho i doubt much is.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

31 July 2015
3.23pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
13426sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today I showed my grandma Bohemian Rhapsody for the first time….. She immediately shook her head and questioned EVERYTHING at the point where he says “Mama, just killed a man. Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger, now he’s dead”…..a-hard-days-night-paul-4

31 July 2015
3.23pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
13427sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

ahdn_paul_06Airlines suck. They know they have you firmly by the short-and-curlies and are not at all ashamed to openly flaunt it. a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Did you get your airline woes worked out, @Zig?

31 July 2015
3.34pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
13428sp_Permalink sp_Print

An exploding pig should never happen. They must have been spit-roasting an ungutted pig, and that would be inedible. You always remove the intestines because they can cause poisoning. If those are removed, there are no gasses left in the body. To spit roast a pig, it should always be fully gutted.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

31 July 2015
3.41pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
13429sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Zig said

ahdn_paul_06Airlines suck. They know they have you firmly by the short-and-curlies and are not at all ashamed to openly flaunt it. a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Did you get your airline woes worked out, @Zig?

I used to enjoy air travel. Now, it’s just a great big boil on my ass. You have to get to the airport a week before your flight takes off just to find a parking space, then get through security where the screener looks at your ID photo suspiciously because it was taken years ago (I got a haircut or 50 since then, bitch!), then proceed to place all of your personal items on a thieve’s buffet line and practically disrobe so they can X-ray you in a vulnerable position while the bag screener sifts though your suitcase and fondles your undies with God -only-knows what disease he has on his hands from fondling the bag before yours. Once through that marvelous experience, you are herded (I swear I hear mooing) into the plane where you have to contort your body into 2 square inches of space unless you want to pay 15 times the amount of your ticket and give up a kidney for a first class ticket just to get free cookies and champagne.

In short, no.

Mr. Kite, meanmistermustard, trcanberra

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

31 July 2015
4.05pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
31 July 2015
4.20pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
13431sp_Permalink sp_Print

Or worse yet…

topImage Enlarger

“Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen and welcome to flight 666. As we prepare for takeoff, we’d like to remind those of you in the Certain Death Class to make sure the poor slob in front of you is in an upright and locked position. In the unlikely event of a water landing, those of us inside the plane will be using your bloated corpses as flotaion devices.”

Mr. Kite, natureaker, HongKongLady, Beatlebug

31 July 2015
5.09pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
13432sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
Or worse yet…

topImage Enlarger

“Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen and welcome to flight 666. As we prepare for takeoff, we’d like to remind those of you in the Certain Death Class to make sure the poor slob in front of you is in an upright and locked position. In the unlikely event of a water landing, those of us inside the plane will be using your bloated corpses as flotaion devices.”

Sssshhhhh you’ll give Ryanair ideas!

Ron Nasty said
An exploding pig should never happen. They must have been spit-roasting an ungutted pig, and that would be inedible. You always remove the intestines because they can cause poisoning. If those are removed, there are no gasses left in the body. To spit roast a pig, it should always be fully gutted.

Well it’s good the pig exploded then! Nobody likes food poisoning! 

Zig said

I used to enjoy air travel. Now, it’s just a great big boil on my ass. You have to get to the airport a week before your flight takes off just to find a parking space, then get through security where the screener looks at your ID photo suspiciously because it was taken years ago (I got a haircut or 50 since then, bitch!), then proceed to place all of your personal items on a thieve’s buffet line and practically disrobe so they can X-ray you in a vulnerable position while the bag screener sifts though your suitcase and fondles your undies with God -only-knows what disease he has on his hands from fondling the bag before yours. Once through that marvelous experience, you are herded (I swear I hear mooing) into the plane where you have to contort your body into 2 square inches of space unless you want to pay 15 times the amount of your ticket and give up a kidney for a first class ticket just to get free cookies and champagne.

In short, no.

You’ll love Irish airports, they never really check your passports (I know many people who have put down their sons’/daughters’ passports down by accident and they got let through a-hard-days-night-john-7). In the majority of them you can get from check-in to take-off in about 20 minutes (Shannon airport, here’s looking at you!) and you don’t have to take your shoes off at security (yay!).

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

31 July 2015
5.36pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
13433sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oooo, oooo, oooo! I am now the proud owner of a Hong Kong Octopus card. It came in a very nice letter with some little surprises.

Thank you, @trcanberra and @HongKongLady!

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

trcanberra, HongKongLady
31 July 2015
6.31pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
13434sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Oooo, oooo, oooo! I am now the proud owner of a Hong Kong Octopus card. It came in a very nice letter with some little surprises.

Thank you, trcanberra and hongkonglady!

Awesome, glad you like it – I was starting to worry that I had accidentally forgotten to send it by air mail and that it would end up going via a slow boat to China – where it came from in the first place.

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Ahhh Girl, HongKongLady

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

31 July 2015
6.36pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
13435sp_Permalink sp_Print

Silly Girl said
a-hard-days-night-john-3

30002.jpgImage Enlarger

I’m coming, trcanberra! a-hard-days-night-john-6

The footsteps are getting louder!

Ahhh Girl, HongKongLady, Beatlebug

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

31 July 2015
7.20pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
13436sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

I hope this is not some type of bribery @trcanberra and @HongKongLady!!

Its not the bribery i have a problem with, i just want in on the action.

C’mon. Gimmie stuff. a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

HongKongLady, Ahhh Girl, trcanberra

31 July 2015
8.10pm
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1640
13437sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Wahhhh!!! Takes too long before you received the octopus card, very slow to swimming from Australia to USA  or maybe lost one tentacle of octopus thats why very slowly, Anyway I’m glad you liked it @Ahhh Girl and your most welcome heart

The following people thank HongKongLady for this post:

Ahhh Girl, trcanberra, Zig
31 July 2015
8.17pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
13438sp_Permalink sp_Print

HongKongLady said

Ahhh Girl said

Thank you, trcanberra and hongkonglady!

Wahhhh!!! Takes too long before you received the octopus card, very slow to swimming from Australia to USA  or maybe lost one tentacle of octopus thats why very slowly, Anyway I’m glad you liked it @Ahhh Girl and your most welcome heart

Perhaps it stopped off at an Octopus’s Garden for a nice visit and cup of tea!  🙂

HongKongLady, Beatlebug

31 July 2015
8.17pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
13439sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Maybe it stopped of for tea at Ringo’s Octopus’s Garden and for a siesta in the Yellow Submarine .

I placed the card in my official Oyster travel card wallet* right by my Oyster card and Walrus card.

*the one I sweet-talked @Ron Nasty into giving to me…and I gave him a Beatles one that I bought at the Beatles store in London. I bought mysel a Beatles one too. I carry both travel card wallets in my purse.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

trcanberra, HongKongLady, Beatlebug
31 July 2015
8.18pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
13440sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Maybe it stopped of for tea at Ringo’s Octopus’s Garden and for a siesta in the Yellow Submarine .

I placeed the card in my official Oyster travel card wallet* right by my Oyster card and Walrus card.

*the one I sweet-talked @Ron Nasty into giving to me…and I gave him a Beatles one that I bought at the Beatles store in London. I bought mysel a Beatles one too. I carry both travel card wallets in my purse.

Oh my – same idea posted at the same time.

Great Minds! and all that 🙂

HongKongLady, Ahhh Girl

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691