Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
15 September 2014
11.55pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
9361sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

parlance said
I can’t stop staring this new black burger from Burger King Japan.

Image Enlarger

parlance

I know right. It’s both fascinating and gross.

I don’t know about gross because it’s prolly just food coloring, but it does make me wonder “Why?”.  Just because you can doesn’t mean that you have to.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

16 September 2014
12.28am
UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
Across The Universe
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 542
9362sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said
I can’t stop staring this new black burger from Burger King Japan.

Image Enlarger

parlance

At first glance, I thought that was chocolate. But no, its squid ink.ahdn_paul_01a-hard-days-night-john-4

Look its a thingy! A fiendish thingy!

16 September 2014
12.42am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
9363sp_Permalink sp_Print

@UnidentifiedFiendishThingy It’s not squid ink. Well, it is but only in the ketchup and garlic sauce. The bun and cheese are done with bamboo charcoal. Have to admit to being kinda curious about the taste.

@Necko Still not cured! Nearly everybody is now! See my post at top of page 467. You can do it, brother!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

16 September 2014
12.50am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
9364sp_Permalink sp_Print

4-0  great start.  Maybe Ron back soon as well.  Good times ahead at OT.

I’m sure mmm will know what I am on about :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

16 September 2014
1.14am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

trcanberra said
Maybe Ron back soon as well.

@trcanberra I haven’t been anywhere! (Looks down to check.) No, barely moved off the sofa in days apart to scavenge the fridge for food and alcohol!

Oh! Manchester United! Hardly a great start though. The start was all those games they didn’t win, maybe the beginning of a recovery, but it was QPR. Let’s wait to see how they do against the big boys.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

trcanberra

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

16 September 2014
1.21am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960
9366sp_Permalink sp_Print

@trcanberra

4 – 0 against an atrocious, hapless, clueless opponent.

A midfield and attack giving much reason to be more optimistic, a defence giving much reason to be concerned.

Where does Ronaldo fit in the current Man U side? Who are you going to leave out? You cant fit all the players in as it is. Or is the plan to scrap defending all together and have a 0-4-3-3 formation? It would certainly be novel.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

16 September 2014
1.32am
Across The Universe
Carnegie Hall
Members
9367sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s not real football. You actually have to use your feet to kick the ball. C’mon, who wants to be rational. Here in America, we like to be abstract and call a game that uses our hands football. That’s the American waya-hard-days-night-john-1

I still think our version is better

16 September 2014
1.58am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
9368sp_Permalink sp_Print

You occasionally kick the ball in America football. Problem is that as soon as you do the game is stopped for 5 minutes so everyone can have a chat about it. Trouble you also stop and have a 5 minute chat after someone throws the ball, catches it, touches it, looks at it, breathes on it or just makes a move in its general direction.

In play lasts about 20 minutes, match about 20 hours.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

16 September 2014
2.05am
Across The Universe
Carnegie Hall
Members
9369sp_Permalink sp_Print

But it builds the suspense!! Play lasts for 1 hour and games usually go for 4 hours. There’s nothing like sitting outside in the cold on a November night for 4 hours watching armor-clad people smash into each other while trying to move an old pig’s bladder into an end zone.

16 September 2014
2.08am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
9370sp_Permalink sp_Print

The football ball looks more like a foot than a soccer ball

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Mr. Kite

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

16 September 2014
3.55am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
9371sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
@trcanberra

4 – 0 against an atrocious, hapless, clueless opponent.

A midfield and attack giving much reason to be more optimistic, a defence giving much reason to be concerned.

Where does Ronaldo fit in the current Man U side? Who are you going to leave out? You cant fit all the players in as it is. Or is the plan to scrap defending all together and have a 0-4-3-3 formation? It would certainly be novel.

*wave* to Mr Nasty :)

I’ll take a 4-0 win against anyone as opposed to losing 4-0 to a team from the nether regions any day.  I like that 0-4-3-3 formation, but Shaw / Rojo / Jones / Rafa will do me in defence shielded by Blind.  We still need a couple of reinforcements in that area – will see if they come from the youth team or January transfers.

On Ronaldo – I look forward to the hispanic scrap for the number 7 shirt.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

16 September 2014
11.02am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Rafa is your classic Brazillian right-back – great going forward, dodgy at the back with the added danger of nearly getting sent off every game he appears in. Its certainly a better line-up than a back three of Smalling/Evans/Blackett (of which Blackett is the better one!!). Any Man U defence without Smalling anywhere near it is an improvement, I’d rather take a spare goalpost and stick it in the ground 5 yards from the goal. How he gets a game for England is too sore on my brain to solve. The solace is Arsenal will come in next season and bid £12m for him – well they did pay £16m for Welbeck!!

You could easily see the step-up in quality that Blind and Rojo give. Gave de Gea such a surprise that he decided to come out and gift a goal himself, sadly QPR were so crap the attacker got to ball to move like it was a 30 tonne piece of granite. Incidentally who was the last decent defender Man U bought before both arrived in the transfer market? They must have known Rio and Vidic were nearing the exit 18 months to two years before they eventually did. Incidentally it was nice of Rio to demonstrate before all the Man U fans how passed it he now is.

16 September 2014
12.33pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
9373sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Zig and @meanmistermustard, aren’t we glad @Joe handles the admin postbag. But, this number is interesting, I must say.

WARNING: The admin postbag contains 908 posts which require removal

16 September 2014
3.16pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

Ahhh Girl said

WARNING: The admin postbag contains 908 posts which require removal

They’re probably all mine.a-hard-days-night-ringo-12

meanmistermutard said
Trouble you also stop and have a 5 minute chat after someone throws the ball, catches it, touches it, looks at it, breathes on it or just makes a move in its general direction.

In play lasts about 20 minutes, match about 20 hours.

Very true. If you have ever been to an American football game in person, you would be surprised about how much standing around there is. After each play, the offense and defense huddle together to set themselves up for either the attack or the defending of the attack depending on which side of the scrimmage line you are on.

To be fair, your brand of football (what we call soccer) also includes massive amounts of time where absolutley nothing happens while your offense or defense set themselves up. I know they are either preparing for attack or defense just like our American footballers. The only difference to me is your folks are moving around while doing nothing and ours are standing around while doing nothing. The real key to enjoyment of either game is understanding the strategy. For the longest time, soccer was incredibly boring to me because nothing ever happened. Now that I have a basic understanding of what is taking place (nowhere near the level you folks understand it), I have a better appreciation for the game. American football is incredibly exciting to me because I fully understand the strategy on both sides of the line and look to see which side executes the best. Man, I love sports!!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

16 September 2014
3.31pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
9375sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ so the post bag reported posts? 

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

16 September 2014
4.01pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
9376sp_Permalink sp_Print

Joe has explained it to the mods once. It isn’t that people reported bad posts or anything like that. It is just his superman view of how the system lets him view posts (er, something like that. I guess I didn’t pay enough attention to his lesson that day. However, I do have the email saved if ever do need to go back and review).

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Starr Shine?
16 September 2014
4.21pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
9377sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said.

@Necko Still not cured! Nearly everybody is now! See my post at top of page 467. You can do it, brother!

My main delay is being unsure whether I want to go back to my old one or to get a new one (and, if so, what picture?). Right now is pretty much the perfect excuse to get a new one. 

16 September 2014
4.22pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
9378sp_Permalink sp_Print

…or maybe I just need to call in a priest to exorcise the pandemic from me. 

16 September 2014
4.34pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
9379sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here’s a friendly priest to help you.

11702-8376.gifImage Enlarger

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

StrawberryFieldsForever

16 September 2014
4.41pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5692
9380sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said
^ so the post bag reported posts? 

No, it just means there are 908 messages left on the forum that I haven’t looked at. The terminology isn’t particularly helpful – they don’t require removal. There’s no postbag either, but I do have a quick view thing to let me open unread messages quickly.

The following people thank Joe for this post:

Starr Shine?, Mr. Kite

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: sleeptalker
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5692, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5692