Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
8 August 2014
7.47pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
8961sp_Permalink sp_Print

ahdn_paul_06 Ya a bit, When I was younger I used to like Linkin Park a lot but as I got older I started to like their songs less and stop seeking them out. Tastes change with entertainment and everything else.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

8 August 2014
7.50pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

I dont count it as not liking them any more, its just that other music comes in and for some reason or another i don’t listen to an artist or band for a good while before going back to them (if i do). I havent listened to any of John’s solo material for a good while. A while back i went a few months without playing The Beatles, just spending time listening to other acts. Same with Buddy Holly who i havent played for nearly a year. Queen more or less bore me know. I just got tired of hearing it all and figured there is too much out there to listen to and discover than lumbering thru the same stuff over and over thru a feeling of ‘must do’.

When/if the feeling comes to play then play, if not discover other stuff. Music is to be discovered and enjoyed. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

fabfouremily

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

8 August 2014
7.51pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

Don’t worry, they’ll always be there for you. If you love something…

The following people thank Zig for this post:

fabfouremily

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

8 August 2014
7.52pm
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1512
8964sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
If you have a lull where you don’t listen to a band you like (or thought you liked), how long do you carry on thinking of it as a ”lull” before deciding that, just maybe, you don’t like them much anymore? Thing is, except maybe once or twice, I haven’t listened to the Beatles yet this year. And I don’t feel I’m really missing out on anything. As someone who wouldn’t go more than a few hours without listening to them, this feels very strange. I still think the last few albums were absolutely fantastic, but I no longer feel any love for the earlier ”poppier” ones. Excluding the Beatles, I’ve never really gone for light Pop music anyway, so maybe now I just don’t like this Pop either, even if it’s the best in that genre? I don’t know.

Anyone else here ever gone through something like this?

I’ve gone through it a few times. Not yet with any Beatles music, but with the bands Supergrass and Muse. The former released six albums before breaking up, I’ve listened to and enjoyed them all, but I got tired of them quickly, because I listened to just them for a couple months. Muse are still around, so when they release their next albums I’ll probably get back into them, but I have the same problem with many bands – I listen to them so much I tire of them. Come to think of it, I kinda went through that with Queen too. I don’t know if I could get to that point with the Beatles, but even if I did I’d have a lot of solo Beatle stuff to listen to after. I’m generally not into pop either, but AHDN Beatles For Sale and PPM  still haven’t worn off of me yet. If you count Rubber Soul and Help ! then same case with them.

The following people thank Bulldog for this post:

fabfouremily

If you're lonely (or not!), you can talk to me. .....Hey! Are you a new member on this fine forum and don't know where to go to introduce yourself?
Well, you can do it here! Dig it?

8 August 2014
7.53pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
8965sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks Zig.heart

Oh, that wasnt for me.a-hard-days-night-paul-7 Well a-hard-days-night-paul-11.

apple01

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

8 August 2014
7.53pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
8966sp_Permalink sp_Print

@fabfouremily I actually answered this somewhere on this board, but Beck and They Might Be Giants were two bands I used to listen to a lot and don’t listen to them at all anymore. It’s nice to know they’re still out there and all, but I don’t keep up with them anymore. Annadog nailed it in terms of tastes changing, and it’s a natural thing.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

8 August 2014
7.55pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
8967sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Thanks Zig.heart

Oh, that wasnt for me.a-hard-days-night-paul-7 Well a-hard-days-night-paul-11.

apple01

It is for everyone – all together, now!apple01

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Starr Shine?

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

8 August 2014
7.59pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
8968sp_Permalink sp_Print

StrawberryFieldsForever said
I only just noticed Paul is barefooted in the Abbey Road cover.

Was it that kid’s drawing that helped you notice?

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

8 August 2014
8.01pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
8969sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
If you have a lull where you don’t listen to a band you like (or thought you liked), how long do you carry on thinking of it as a ”lull” before deciding that, just maybe, you don’t like them much anymore? Thing is, except maybe once or twice, I haven’t listened to the Beatles yet this year. And I don’t feel I’m really missing out on anything. As someone who wouldn’t go more than a few hours without listening to them, this feels very strange. I still think the last few albums were absolutely fantastic, but I no longer feel any love for the earlier ”poppier” ones. Excluding the Beatles, I’ve never really gone for light Pop music anyway, so maybe now I just don’t like this Pop either, even if it’s the best in that genre? I don’t know.

Anyone else here ever gone through something like this?

Yes, with all my favorite bands. I might go months, even years, where I don’t listen to certain albums. Maybe don’t think of it as a lull so much as a period.

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

fabfouremily

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

8 August 2014
8.02pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
8970sp_Permalink sp_Print

WETSRoosa said
@fabfouremily I actually answered this somewhere on this board, but Beck and They Might Be Giants were two bands I used to listen to a lot and don’t listen to them at all anymore. It’s nice to know they’re still out there and all, but I don’t keep up with them anymore. Annadog nailed it in terms of tastes changing, and it’s a natural thing.

I seemed to remember this issue coming up before, but I couldn’t find a thread where it might’ve been discussed.

Yeah, I think that’s it, tastes changing. I feel a bit sad, though. The Beatles used to mean an awful lot to me, and I enjoyed their music much more. Maybe I’ll come back around every now and again and dig the albums out. I’m not going to be stupid and chuck them all out or anything.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

8 August 2014
9.55pm
StrawberryFieldsForever
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 833
8971sp_Permalink sp_Print

@parlance said

StrawberryFieldsForever said
I only just noticed Paul is barefooted in the Abbey Road cover.

Was it that kid’s drawing that helped you notice?

parlance

No, I read the comments on facebook where this one person said how each of their dressing signified something: John being the saint, Ringo the undertaker, Paul- the Paul is dead rumour and George being…oh I can’t recall George’s.

8 August 2014
10.12pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
8972sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ I think George was the guy who buried Paul I could be wrong

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

8 August 2014
10.32pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
8973sp_Permalink sp_Print

George was the gravedigger, but it was John who didn’t say “I buried Paul” at the end of Strawberry Fields Forever . Which makes sense as he was also the Priest in white.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

8 August 2014
10.37pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
8974sp_Permalink sp_Print

@fabfouremily Same thing happened with me and Bon Jovi. While they’re nowhere near The Beatles, they were my favorite band when I was younger and I can’t remember the last time I listened to them.

That’s how things go though, but who knows, maybe after a longer period of not listening, you will put on some Beatles music and rediscover the magic!

@Zig said

Yes, sir! How is life in your new location so far @Mr. Kite ?

Well, I’m currently staying with friends (the lucky Ringo ticket heirs) until our apt. is ready, but otherwise I love it here!!

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

fabfouremily

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

8 August 2014
10.50pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
8975sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mr. Kite said

Mr. Kite said
…the book I got was the Pattie Boyd “auto”-biography… I’ll be reading that!

Reading myself to sleep: the only time I can ever say I was in bed with Pattie!

So, how was she…uh, oh, well, I mean the book.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Bulldog, Mr. Kite
9 August 2014
12.26am
Mimi
Left of greenland
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 480
8976sp_Permalink sp_Print

WETSRoosa said

They Might Be Giants are really good. Just out of curiosity, do you ever listen to the radio show This American Life? I ask because They Might Be Giants have a lot of music on it and are very involved with the show. 

We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians

9 August 2014
9.04am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
8977sp_Permalink sp_Print

The page for George’s Cloud Nine was the page that was loaded on my phone when the BB went down last night. I could navigate away from the page, and then get bak to it.

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..loud-nine/

So it got me to wondering, if only one page of this site were available to you for hours, which one would you want it to be?

Out of curiosity, the most recent capture of the BB homepage in the Wayback machine is from 7 July.

https://web.archive.org/web/20…..bible.com/

9 August 2014
11.16am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
8978sp_Permalink sp_Print

I would eaither like the forum story or a thread where people are talking about one of the stories I made.

I had this thread as my last access thread

9 August 2014
1.59pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
8979sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Hannah, how are you doing?

9 August 2014
3.44pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
8980sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Mr. Kite said

Mr. Kite said
…the book I got was the Pattie Boyd “auto”-biography… I’ll be reading that!

Reading myself to sleep: the only time I can ever say I was in bed with Pattie!

So, how was she…uh, oh, well, I mean the book.

Amazing a-hard-days-night-george-10 … Umm, well the book is pretty interesting so far… That’s what I meant… Ignore the wink…

Wait … if she had help writing the book, what does that mean in this particular hypothetical? a-hard-days-night-paul-4a-hard-days-night-john-6

As for your forum question… Whatever page is most interesting… Maybe a good Beatle Dreams page. Anna’s videos would also be a good one…

The few BB pages I had open (some forum threads and the Come And Get It article) all refreshed and showed the suspended thing though…

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Timothy
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694