The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 445 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
4 August 2014
4.45pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4875

meanmistermustard said

Not a huge fan of apple pie and i fear blowing up the house making apple cider. Have spent the length of 'George Harrison' peeling and chopping up 1kg of them to make a chutney.

@Zig, what's the name of Zag's horse? Do either of you ride him/her? 

What a great album to peel/chop to - very relaxing.

Zag's horse is named Independence - Indy for short. This is my favorite pic of him, taken by a friend in Maine. This was a morning after a 2-day ice storm. The horses were stuck indoors for those 2 days and he was definitely getting his yippees out. He is the one in the air.

indy

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Mimi, meanmistermustard, Annadog40, Expert Textpert

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

4 August 2014
5.00pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 11209

All those horses are gorgeous; i do like the white(?) and black patch at the bottom of Indy Zig. Must be so cool to have your own horse. Another thing i'm not jealous of in the slightest.a-hard-days-night-john-1a-hard-days-night-paul-7 Is that from the stables he stays at or is it a party that other horses were invited to to celebrate the end of ice storm? 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Zig
Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
4 August 2014
5.22pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 6248

Annadog40 said

ahdn_paul_06 Maybe you're Psychic

I'm beginning to wonder.

4 August 2014
7.29pm
Zig

meanmistermustard said

All those horses are gorgeous; i do like the white(?) and black patch at the bottom of Indy Zig. Must be so cool to have your own horse. Another thing i'm not jealous of in the slightest.a-hard-days-night-john-1a-hard-days-night-paul-7 Is that from the stables he stays at or is it a party that other horses were invited to to celebrate the end of ice storm? 

Indy is a beautiful boy. We actually adopted him from a rescue 6 years ago, so the cost to obtain him was not very much. That pic was taken at the stables where we boarded him in Maine. He is in a new place here in PA and is fitting in quite nicely. The cost of boarding includes all of his hay and grains and they do all of the mucking as well. All we have to do is enjoy him and take care of his daily grooming and yearly medical expenses (shots, teeth floating, etc...). I don't ride much, Zag is the rider - pleasure trail riding, no competitions. I simply help out with the grooming and hugging and general upkeep. Even though I don't ride much yet, I love being around these beautiful, noble creratures. Since they are prey animals, they are very cautious around folk they are not familiar with. Once they bond with you, and you've discovered they have, there is no greater feeling. It gives us something that we can do and talk about together without ever getting bored.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Beatleva

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

4 August 2014
8.02pm
meanmistermustard

Sounds like a great idea which is very rewarding - and great to hear you got him from a rescue centre. I highly encourage such things. I do have to ask tho what teeth floating is, i envisage putting them in some solutuion where they float about. Horses are gorgeous animals.

Mr. Kite
Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
4 August 2014
8.30pm
Zig

Float is the name of the tool (a file) that a Vet uses to smooth the horse's teeth. Since horse's teeth keep growing, they could develop sharp edges that make it uncomfortable or difficult to chew.

Before floating became common practice, horse traders/buyers could guess the approximate age of a horse by looking at it's teeth. That is part of what led to the expression "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" - in other words, if someone gives you a horse, what difference does it make how old it is?

4 August 2014
9.45pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5483

I was watching a youtube video and it had a 20 minute ad before you could watch. Thank goodness that it was the type of ad you can skip.

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help

4 August 2014
10.02pm
Mimi
Left of greenland
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 475

@Zig I had no idea you were a horse person a-hard-days-night-paul-7

We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians
4 August 2014
10.15pm
Beatleva
In my life
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 483

I also love horses! 

I'm a beginner when it comes to riding, though. I've been doing horse riding lessons for about half a year.

Beatles AND horses! What more could you want?

The following people thank Beatleva for this post:

Zig
4 August 2014
10.21pm
Mimi
Left of greenland
Shea Stadium

@Beatleva who would have known? I luckily never had to take lessons or board our horses because we have plenty of property to keep the around our house. I have 3 horses at the moment. It was two but the other day I got another one a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank Mimi for this post:

Zig, Beatleva
4 August 2014
10.27pm
Beatleva
In my life
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 483

Lucky! I've never owned horses, too expensive and not enough space... And we'll be moving in a year and if I would have horses, I would have a lot of trouble leaving them behind...

4 August 2014
10.27pm
meanmistermustard

Uh. How come you get three and i have none?a-hard-days-night-paul-3

What are your horses called @mimi?

Beatleva
4 August 2014
10.31pm
Mimi
Left of greenland
Shea Stadium

Haha I don't know what to tell you about that one

I have 2 mares and one gelding, the mares are named Tig and Shimmering Star (that's her registered name, which ended up getting shortened to Shimmie...whatever it works) and the gelding is named Jasper 

5 August 2014
3.15am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5124

Zig said

No worries Kite - I was just taking a wild stab, having driven many times from PA to points Northeast. I respect your desire for privacy and won't tell anyone that you are really living in Ogallala, Nebraska.

How did you know!? a-hard-days-night-john-6

Now a completely unrelated question: Has anyone on this website had a favo(u)rite band other than The Beatles?

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love! If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
5 August 2014
3.54am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1112

Mr. Kite said

Zig said

No worries Kite - I was just taking a wild stab, having driven many times from PA to points Northeast. I respect your desire for privacy and won't tell anyone that you are really living in Ogallala, Nebraska.

How did you know!? a-hard-days-night-john-6

Now a completely unrelated question: Has anyone on this website had a favo(u)rite band other than The Beatles?

Beck was The Man for me for a number of years, especially after Odelay but he really lost his way after Sea Change. (His new record, what I have heard from it, sounds excellent, though.) They Might Be Giants were too, but their recent non-children albums don't have the joy that their old records do. They were the two main ones with various others- Luscious Jackson, Nickel Creek, Austin Lounge Lizards, etc.- floating in and out. 

The following people thank WETSRoosa for this post:

Mr. Kite
"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
5 August 2014
4.24am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5124

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Thanks for that, but I don't think I was clear enough. Many of us have had different favorites in the past, but has any member if the forum ever said, "No, I prefer ______ to The Beatles,"?

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love! If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
5 August 2014
6.16am
StrawberryFieldsForever
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 696

Mr. Kite said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Thanks for that, but I don't think I was clear enough. Many of us have had different favorites in the past, but has any member if the forum ever said, "No, I prefer ______ to The Beatles,"?

Yes like Coldplay, Muse, One Republic, Florence and the Machine, Mumford and Sons whom I've listened to in phases. But oh man till now I have never been as much of a fan as I am of the fab four (in fact I only now slightly understand how it feels to be a fan). Since no one of us can really compare contemporary bands to the Beatles, I wouldn't and can't go as far as to say that I prefer any one over the Fab Four. No.

Note to self: a simple 'No' would have sufficed.ahdn_paul_01

The following people thank StrawberryFieldsForever for this post:

Bulldog, Mr. Kite, meanmistermustard
5 August 2014
11.31am
Zig

I have been a Beatles fan since I was four years old. There have been a few bands that I have really been into - still am. But none that replaced The Beatles as my favorite.

5 August 2014
12.21pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 6248

@Mr. Kite, please start making your way to the mod office. In just a few more posts, I will be adding @WETSRoosa name to the list of those approved to be on the roodtop. I will need to give you an updated printout for your clipboard.

5 August 2014
12.25pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5483

Woo! Someone else to help us with the Banana/Apple pile up!

The following people thank Annadog40 for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Mr. Kite

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: IveJustSeenAFaceo, StrawberryWalrus
72 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 11209

mr. Sun king coming together: 6919

Ahhh Girl: 6248

parlance: 5927

Annadog40: 5483

Mr. Kite: 5124

Zig: 4875

mithveaen: 4633

Ron Nasty: 3410

fabfouremily: 2951

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2810

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3281

Newest Members: Goodfinger, claptonlennon, ThatOneBeatlesFan, stuartswift, helena.kelly28

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 6248, meanmistermustard: 11209, Zig: 4875, Joe: 3726

Administrators: Joe: 3726, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None