Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
8 July 2014
5.47pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
8261sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said

StrawberryFieldsForever said
I came across this news in a 2012 newspaper about James McCartney where he talks about forming a band with other Beatles’ sons. Quite an old news I know and quite ludicrous (for the lack of a better word)a-hard-days-night-paul-7, but what was he thinking?

I think it was meant to be a wry joke that got lost in translation.

parlance

Nah, they knew exactly what was meant. It’s probably just a tabloid.

8 July 2014
5.56pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456

“I’d like to be under the sea in an Octopus’s Garden with all of you!

Joe Zig Ahhh Girl meanmistermustard Annadog40 Ron Nasty Bulldog Skye Mr. Kite parlance mr. Sun king coming together Ivejustseenafaceo HeyTrud Hey Jude HeyJude LetItBe Linde Mimi Mr. Moonlight Paulrus Mean Mrs. Mustard StrawberryFieldsForever and anyone else I may have missed!

thisbirdhasflown “

Oh sure, mention everybody except ME! Including folks who haven’t posted here for YEARS! (Paulrus?!)

And now my account is broken and I can’t even quote posts normally. WHY U HATE ME UNIVERSE? :(

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

8 July 2014
6.00pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
8263sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bulldog said

thisbirdhasflown said
I’d like to be under the sea in an Octopus’s Garden with all of you!

Joe Zig Ahhh Girl meanmistermustard Annadog40 Ron Nasty Bulldog Skye Mr. Kite parlance mr. Sun king coming together Ivejustseenafaceo HeyTrud Hey Jude HeyJude LetItBe Linde Mimi Mr. Moonlight Paulrus Mean Mrs. Mustard StrawberryFieldsForever and anyone else I may have missed!

thisbirdhasflown

I’m flattered.ahdn_george_06

And Linde, I had no clue what that actually was, I thought it may have been a band or album until you said that. However, I see it is rated VERY highly (it does seem like more of a ‘chick flick’, so I’m kinda glad I didn’t know what it was), so it’s probably worth a try if you’re into that kind of thing. I know ratings aren’t everything, but still… they are something.

Yeah it’s super popular, everyone is talking about it and the trailers and filmposters are everywhere too, well, in the Netherlands, that is. A small part of it actually takes place in Amsterdam. I’ve also heard it’s a real tearjerker, a few people I know went to see it and all cried and stuff. I’m going to watch it tonight, so I’m curious what it will be like.

A friend of mine, who used to be one of my best friends, just told me his father passed away last night. He had a tumor in the esophagus. He hadn’t told a lot of people, so it came as a complete shock to me. I also haven’t spoken to him a lot for the past year, since he’s living on the other side of the country now. And I completely get that people wouldn’t share this information via social networks. I knew his father pretty well, and it was a very nice and friendly man. He wasn’t that old yet, but age doesn’t matter at all when a loved one dies. It’s so sad, and it explains my friend’s grumpy behaviour lately. I don’t blame him for not telling me though. I didn’t really know what to say. When someone’s grandma or auntie or something dies you just go ”oh my condoleances” and stuff, but when it’s one of your best friend’s dad who you actually knew it’s different. I just said the basic stuff and told him we were all thinking of him and all that stuff.

8 July 2014
6.01pm
thisbirdhasflown
Standing in the dock at Southhampton...
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1762
8264sp_Permalink sp_Print

You can come too, and bring vonbontee along. Necko and Scrambled Eggs and Jenny Wren! Anybody else I missed?

thisbirdhasflown

By hook or by crook, I'll be last in this book.

8 July 2014
6.04pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
8265sp_Permalink sp_Print

Von Bontee said
“I’d like to be under the sea in an Octopus’s Garden with all of you!

thisbirdhasflown “

Oh sure, mention everybody except ME! Including folks who haven’t posted here for YEARS! (Paulrus?!)

And now my account is broken and I can’t even quote posts normally. WHY U HATE ME UNIVERSE? :(

I’m sorry, what was that sound I just heard? Was that an annoying fly buzzing around? 

That’s right, you’re just not popular *swooshes hair back arrogantly*

Just kidding ofcourse.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Bulldog, Von Bontee, thisbirdhasflown, meanmistermustard
8 July 2014
6.05pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111

MrMoonlight said

Nah, they knew exactly what was meant. It’s probably just a tabloid.

As MMM pointed out, it wasn’t reported by only one source. I remember reading that Dhani took it the wrong way and posted something snarky in response in a tweet (that’s since been deleted).

meanmistermustard said
Yeah, it was a joke. I recall sections of the media taking it as a statement of intent however and writing articles about a Junior Beatles reunion.

Of all the kids i think Julian would be one of the last to spearhead a Beatles kids band.

James in this case, but point taken. Neither, really. :->

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

8 July 2014
6.08pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
8267sp_Permalink sp_Print

To be fair I don’t really see any of them doing it. Can’t imagine Dhani or Zak wanting to do it either, or Jason for that matter. Perhaps Sean would.

8 July 2014
6.20pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
8268sp_Permalink sp_Print

I DON’T want to see a band with the kids of the Beatles, but as a one-off joke situation, I’d love to see Sean, James and Dhani sing “This Boy .” Perhaps on Jimmy Fallon’s show, since that sounds like a gimmick right up his alley.

The following people thank WETSRoosa for this post:

MrMoonlight, Von Bontee

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

8 July 2014
6.21pm
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1512

thisbirdhasflown said
You can come too, and bring vonbontee along. Necko and Scrambled Eggs and Jenny Wren! Anybody else I missed?

thisbirdhasflown

You missed loads of people, there are over 2000 members. 

“Joe Zig Ahhh Girl meanmistermustard Annadog40 Ron Nasty Bulldog Skye Mr. Kite parlance mr. Sun king coming together Ivejustseenafaceo HeyTrud Hey JudeHeyJude LetItBe Linde Mimi Mr. Moonlight Paulrus Mean Mrs. Mustard StrawberryFieldsForever”

Let’s see… mithveaen, Sunii, acmac, nzbeatlefan, AbbeyRoadRage, WETSRoosa, AppleScruffJunior, Expert Textpert, Mr Bellamy, and MrBig to name a few. (If you’re including Paulrus, then even some who haven’t posted should be there.)

If you're lonely (or not!), you can talk to me. .....Hey! Are you a new member on this fine forum and don't know where to go to introduce yourself?
Well, you can do it here! Dig it?

8 July 2014
6.30pm
StrawberryFieldsForever
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 833
8270sp_Permalink sp_Print

Maybe he/she only included those of us who were online at the time he/she posted? a-hard-days-night-ringo-8

8 July 2014
6.37pm
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members

StrawberryFieldsForever said
Maybe he/she only included those of us who were online at the time he/she posted? a-hard-days-night-ringo-8

Could be possible, but Paulrus and mr. Sun king haven’t been online in ages. 

…basically, it’s much ado about nothing, this whole thing. ahdn_paul_01

If you're lonely (or not!), you can talk to me. .....Hey! Are you a new member on this fine forum and don't know where to go to introduce yourself?

8 July 2014
6.44pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
8272sp_Permalink sp_Print

yeah I’m with you there. I tried to name as many as I could. Paulrus came to my mind cause of his name (The Paulrus Was Wal) and I know I’d obviously miss a bunch of people. Sorry if I did, everybody’s invited to the Octopus’s Garden !

thisbirdhasflown

(P.S. @Bulldog I love the All Dead All Dead reference- so much ado about nothing indeed!)

thisbirdhasflown

8 July 2014
6.47pm
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members
8273sp_Permalink sp_Print

thisbirdhasflown said

(P.S. bulldog I love the All Dead All Dead reference- so much ado about nothing indeed!)

thisbirdhasflown

Actually, it was a reference to a Shakespeare play :P

However, I do enjoy that song as well – I forgot about it! I haven’t listened to much Queen recently.

The following people thank Bulldog for this post:

thisbirdhasflown

8 July 2014
6.52pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
8274sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah I’m glad you noticed it was Queen! I knew it was a Shakespeare play but Queen comes to mind more easier. Speaking of which, I’ve been listening to No One But You and it’s fantastic! It’s a really lovely final tribute to Freddie!

thisbirdhasflown

The following people thank thisbirdhasflown for this post:

Bulldog

8 July 2014
6.56pm
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members
8275sp_Permalink sp_Print

thisbirdhasflown said
Yeah I’m glad you noticed it was Queen! I knew it was a Shakespeare play but Queen comes to mind more easier. Speaking of which, I’ve been listening to No One But You and it’s fantastic! It’s a really lovely final tribute to Freddie!

thisbirdhasflown

I’ll have to look that up, I haven’t heard it. I’ll check it out in a little bit, I’m already listening to At The Speed Of Sound and I’m almost done with it. (I also listened to it yesterday… and the day before. a-hard-days-night-paul-8)

The following people thank Bulldog for this post:

thisbirdhasflown

8 July 2014
6.57pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
8276sp_Permalink sp_Print

About the Beatles-offspring-on-Jimmy Fallon thing (damn, this inability to quote is infuriating! :( ) – maybe Lorne Michaels can offer them 30 bucks collectively to do it on SNL?

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

8 July 2014
7.33pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832
8277sp_Permalink sp_Print

Which Beatles songs would sound good with a ten(or whatever)-minute organ solo? I do love solos, but I can’t play lead guitar properly yet.

8 July 2014
8.05pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
8278sp_Permalink sp_Print

Get Back and all the ones played by Billy Preston. That’s what he’s there for.

thisbirdhasflown

8 July 2014
8.39pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
8279sp_Permalink sp_Print

Von Bontee said

WHY U HATE ME UNIVERSE? :(

I can’t speak for the entire universe (yet) but you are still aces in my book, good sir!apple01

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Von Bontee

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

8 July 2014
8.47pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
8280sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

Von Bontee said

WHY U HATE ME UNIVERSE? :(

I can’t speak for the entire universe (yet) but you are still aces in my book, good sir!apple01

Me too! You’re real awesome! I don’t think the universe hates you!

thisbirdhasflown

The following people thank thisbirdhasflown for this post:

Von Bontee

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Ahhh Girl, Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22222, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694