The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 371 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
No permission to create posts
28 May 2014
2.04pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2627
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

meanmistermustard said
Two 1D members have been caught smoking what appears to be
a joint in Peru (where its not illegal). Disgraceful. Drugs and music and doing so where it was legal. Where's the public bonfire burning?blue-meanie

Oh I just read that on the news like two minutes ago. Who cares, really?

I personally find it very sad how people are so occupied with the lives of other people, and have something to say about everything. It's tiring. Just look at yourselves, no one is perfect. I'm not saying I feel sorry for them, because I don't, and frankly I couldn't care less about 1D, but I just hate how people are so celebrity obsessed. What's so interesting about a few lads smoking joints, or Gerard Butler buying a new couch or something like that? Are people generally interested in shit like that? Are their lives really that empty?

28 May 2014
2.30pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17129

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

MrMoonlight
Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
28 May 2014
2.49pm
Mimi
Left of greenland
Shea Stadium
Forum Posts: 480
7405sp_Permalink

Linde said

meanmistermustard said
Two 1D members have been caught smoking what appears to be
a joint in Peru (where its not illegal). Disgraceful. Drugs and music and doing so where it was legal. Where's the public bonfire burning?blue-meanie

Oh I just read that on the news like two minutes ago. Who cares, really?

I personally find it very sad how people are so occupied with the lives of other people, and have something to say about everything. It's tiring. Just look at yourselves, no one is perfect. I'm not saying I feel sorry for them, because I don't, and frankly I couldn't care less about 1D, but I just hate how people are so celebrity obsessed. What's so interesting about a few lads smoking joints, or Gerard Butler buying a new couch or something like that? Are people generally interested in shit like that? Are their lives really that empty?

Its funny how people are about that. The media caters to that sort of obsession (People Magazine, for example) because for some weird reason it sells. So you have articles discussing Gerard Butler's new couch, and then on the other hand you have the sort of media thats trying to keep people angry, especially in politics. No one will even consider listening to anyone else's opinions. Case in point- I started reading these conservative websites and stuff, where people rant against gay marriage and claim that global warming is a hoax. I don't agree with any of the views they expressed, but I wanted to know, from an objective standpoint, where the die hard republicans were coming from (I know your in the Netherlands, so if your not up to speed on American politics bear with me) 

And after a few weeks of this I did start to understand some of their points. Not saying I agreed, but I had educated myself. 

So then the other day I was at a party, and some rather fierce democrats started to get worked up about how any blame for any issue could be pinned on the republicans. They didn't word it quite like that, but that was their general point. I chimed in by telling them what I had learned from the conservative media, and they were furious with me. In their opinion, my interest in the "enemies'" views was unacceptable. 

Everyone buys into the kind of news that will make them angry, because its easier to be angry than calm and reasonable, and the result is its actually hard to find sources that aren't trying to infuriate you. 

Anyway, just thought I'd vent a little about that. 

The following people thank Mimi for this post:

meanmistermustard
We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians
28 May 2014
4.15pm
Annadog40
I am here, you are here, we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 9715
28 May 2014
5.46pm
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2093
7417sp_Permalink

It should've been me -- eatin' ice... cream and cake! blue-meanie

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
28 May 2014
9.21pm
Annadog40
I am here, you are here, we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 9715
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Necko, C.R.A.
47 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page: