Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
23 May 2014
9.31pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7261sp_Permalink sp_Print

Gah there’s nothing more annoying than pressing down on a fret as hard as you possibly can but no sound comes out paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartney

The following people thank MrMoonlight for this post:

Starr Shine?, ScrambledEggs, Beatlebug
24 May 2014
2.58am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
7262sp_Permalink sp_Print

MrMoonlight said
Gah there’s nothing more annoying than pressing down on a fret as hard as you possibly can but no sound comes out paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartney

I remember the first couple of years of learning the guitar, I got pain on the tips of my fingers (left hand forming chords) which eventually became callouses that then would peel, revealing tender skin underneath — increasing the pain. 

Then there were various woes I have had over the years where my right fingernails would split or break in various ways, ruining my ability to fingerpick (my style instead of a pick) until like 3 weeks passed when the nail grew back.

Luckily, I haven’t had the nail problem for like 5 years now (with only one or two brief exceptions). 

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

24 May 2014
3.35am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
7263sp_Permalink sp_Print

MrMoonlight said

OK, I’ve had to put the guitar away for the night. My fingers hurt like hell.

Gets better once callouses form!

I’VE GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGAHS!! a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

ScrambledEggs

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

24 May 2014
8.30pm
MrMoonlight
Shea Stadium
Members
7264sp_Permalink sp_Print

@AppleScruffJunior, I’ve decided to carry on here, since, y’know, derailing and all that a-hard-days-night-paul-4ahdn_paul_02

Yeah, I guess a lot of people are awkward in their teen years, especially people of the opposite sex. I guess a lot of people on here know what happened about Elizabeth, and I guess it’s made me even more awkward; I reacted badly to the rejection and I was so, so awkward beforehand. I guess I believed I had a chance and it’s made me the most hopeless person ever. I can’t even talk to anyone I find semi-attractive because I know I’ll just make it awkward and screw everything up. I guess fancying someone isn’t a thrill anymore for me, and if I do find someone pretty or whatever, it doesn’t make me feel good like it used to. I barely find anyone attractive anymore. Yeah, there’s, like, two other people I think are really pretty, but both of them are way, way out of my league. And one is a One Direction fan, which certainly means we wouldn’t get along. The other is the most beautiful, caring and honestly brilliant person I’ve met (apart from Elizabeth, obviously), but she’s really outgoing and I think it’d put her in a bad light compared to anyone else, because I’m so awkward, so quiet, and so emotionally-sensitive. I’ve told her I used to like her, and she took it pretty well. A few bullies said some inappropriate stuff regarding her (I mean, I’m probably the most inappropriate person you’ve ever met, but I’m not regarded like that by the general public), and I don’t know if she ever found out, but if she did, she didn’t believe it or didn’t mention it. Ah, I’ve gone off on a tangent here. What I’m saying is that I’m really, really bad at talking to girls. And I’m afraid to say anything about the situation with Elizabeth and how much I want her because society rules it as sexist and creepy. Everyone knows that I can’t do anything about it, and I absolutely will not talk to her for a multitude of reasons – firstly, I haven’t been in school for months. Secondly, I’m still awkward and I’ll fuck things up again. Thirdly, I’m terrified of even seeing her. She’s changed so much since I last saw her – hell, she’s got glasses now. That made me have a panic attack and just scream out because I just know she’ll forget about me whilst I’m attached to her. For all I know, she’s probably got a boyfriend now. I just hate it when people say things like “she isn’t good for you” or “no, you don’t have a chance. Stop ignoring us and throwing our help back in our faces”. I don’t like hearing those negative things because it pushes me over the edge. I used to frequent another site and made loads of friends, but I visited them again a week ago and said the things I’d mentioned earlier. I’m not going back there, because I’m worried they’ve lost their respect for me because I “ignored the truth”. It’s taught me not to trust many people with my problems because they’ll try and give insufficient help and then I’ll just throw it back at them because I only want to hear that one thing: I have a chance.

I’ve gone on a tangent again, but I guess that brings me back to what I was originally talking about. Most of the people on that place were guys, and I never really expected to even talk to many girls online, especially ones with common interests.

Wow. All of that just to say you have a pretty voice a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank MrMoonlight for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo, AppleScruffJunior
24 May 2014
8.41pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
7265sp_Permalink sp_Print

I feel super awkward when I’m talking to the girls, but apparently they don’t think it’s awkward, seeing as I’m friends with quite a few of them and they trust me. (including the one I really like). Anyway, I feel like everything I say to them is awkward, but it’s apparently not taken as such.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

24 May 2014
9.34pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
7266sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s the first I’ve ever been told I have a nice voice, d’awwwheart

I’d say the vast majority of people are awkward around whoever they like, surely it’s a normal feeling. You want them to like you but you don’t know if they like you yet, you want to be funny blah blah. I always dive into the deep end, if I see someone who I like/ I just go up and talk to them- what’s the worst they can do sure if they don’t like you, there’s 7 billion other people. 

Also never consider yourself out of anyone’s league, everyone (I believe) has something they dislike about them (for me it’s my freckles) and so they degrade themselves mentally. I’ve met loads of lads who I thought I’d never have a hope of hell of going anywhere with it but what’d ya know- they liked me too a-hard-days-night-george-9and I’ve met loads of lads who I thought I’d never have a hope in hell of going anywhere with it and I didn’t, c’est la vie.

You’re only young, you’ll meet loads of people in the next couple of decades so no need to be hungover on one particular person ‘Ob-La Di, Ob-La-Da’. If you find someone attractive just go up and talk to them, I don’t give a damn what other people think of me (if I did, I’d probably have some serious issues), I’ve been bullied, taunted, bitched and nearly everything under the sun but you know what- I don’t care. The people who bring you down are only pricks who you won’t see in a couple of years and you’ll be off doing bigger and better things and sure they’ll still be pricks. 

With regards to Elizabeth, I’ve never dealt with the situation so I can’t really offer anything, sorry. I’ve had panic attacks before but that was because of my claustrophobia and being in rooms full of people(that tale will be told some other time). My advice for them is: Just breath, go outside for a minute and it’ll be gone. Getting into a frenzy and yelling will only worsen the attack also leaving you weaker after it’s over.

Sorry for my pretty useless advice (I never plan to be a counselor-I’m just a good shoulder to lean on).

ASJ 

Oh and you think you’re the “most inappropriate person”, have you read my last couple of comments? ahdn_ringo_09 

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Starr Shine?, ScrambledEggs, MrMoonlight, IveJustSeenAFaceo, Beatlebug

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

24 May 2014
9.40pm
ScrambledEggs
Behind the moon
Paris Olympia
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 328
7267sp_Permalink sp_Print

Let me join you guys in the field of awkwardness. I have no problem with talking to guys/men, but girls! My, my, those are creatures I don’t understand. All they ever talk about is clothes, makeup, who wore what and who did what. Feminism hasn’t quite reached Macedonia yet and girls here are half a century behind. I always have to watch my tongue and keep away from heated discussions. No wonder my parents call me their ‘son’.  I now realize that it is not without reason that I have much more guys than girls as friends.

The following people thank ScrambledEggs for this post:

MrMoonlight, Beatlebug
24 May 2014
9.42pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105

I have always been extremely awkward everywhere. I can’t really talk to anyone without having things get awkward somehow. Though things are getting better

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

MrMoonlight

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

24 May 2014
9.48pm
ScrambledEggs
Behind the moon
Paris Olympia
Members

Reviewers
7269sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said
I have always been extremely awkward everywhere. I can’t really talk to anyone without having things get awkward somehow. Though things are getting better

I used to feel exactly the same way until I went to Germany for two months. I got along just fine with everyone there. So now I figure that the people around me are just…. weird. Can’t wait to go away from this small town I live in.

24 May 2014
9.55pm
MrMoonlight
Shea Stadium
Members
7270sp_Permalink sp_Print

I guess the feeling’s mutual with a whole lot of us. It’s just nice having someone to talk to without making me feel worse about my situation, intentionally or otherwise. Thank you so much.

24 May 2014
9.58pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

ScrambledEggs said
Let me join you guys in the field of awkwardness. I have no problem with talking to guys/men, but girls! My, my, those are creatures I don’t understand. All they ever talk about is clothes, makeup, who wore what and who did what. Feminism hasn’t quite reached Macedonia yet and girls here are half a century behind. I always have to watch my tongue and keep away from heated discussions. No wonder my parents call me their ‘son’.  I now realize that it is not without reason that I have much more guys than girls as friends.

I agree with this. I do not look like the majority of Irish girls in that I don’t dress the way they do, their hair, their makeup, music everything! I don’t wear fake-tan, I don’t wear make-up (the majority of the time), I don’t wear crop tops (very impractical, especially when it’s mid-December and you see idiot girls wearing crop tops and short-shorts to disco ahdn_paul_02 idiots) I don’t do my hair in a “messy bun” and I certainly don’t talk in a faux-American accent (don’t start me off on that one again). 

I have mad black curly hair, rosy-red cheeks, speak Irish, read classic novels and poetry, I even listen to 60’s music (I am one of the most uncoolest people in my year according to the pricks sorry popular people. Actually they think they are “popular” whatever popular is but in reality everyone thinks they’re pretentious, melodramatic arssholes). However a lot of lads have the same interest as I do (I blame having 2 older brothers and no sisters) so I can relate to them more than the One Direction listening, Oompa Loompa looking girls. Hence I get on well with (and am more comfortable)* around lads than girls. The only remotely feminine feature I hold is I like to wear dresses, skirts and high-heels 😛 

*My friends and I were out one night and we started talking to a group of about 5 lads about Game of Thrones (surprise, surprise), the class bitches were looking at us in astonishment at how “us the dorks” were managing to talk to lads. Oh, how we laughed, generally lads don’t like to talk about makeup and One Direction girls!

MrMoonlight

24 May 2014
10.01pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
7272sp_Permalink sp_Print

ScrambledEggs said

Annadog40 said

I used to feel exactly the same way until I went to Germany for two months. I got along just fine with everyone there. So now I figure that the people around me are just…. weird. Can’t wait to go away from this small town I live in.

Germans are some of the loveliest people I’ve ever met, bloody stereotypes make them appear to be power-seeking, always yelling individuals but they are generally friendly, easy-to-talk to people. My favourite country, I think, (apart from my Emerald Isle of course). That and they all love The Beatles (particularly Paul) so naturally I have a great time there :D

24 May 2014
10.08pm
MrMoonlight
Shea Stadium
Members
7273sp_Permalink sp_Print

I get on with girls more than I do with guys. I’m more awkward around girls, but I have barely any friends who are boys anymore. In fact, I haven’t spoken to any of my friends for months, apart from over Facebook (all of whom are girls), which is all I use my account for now. My closest guy friends just constantly spoke badly behind my back and right in front of me as well. My other friends who were guys couldn’t do anything whatsoever in terms of encouragement or help, and being so naive, it just made me feel even crappier. Apart from the two people I speak to over Facebook, you lot are my only proper friends.

24 May 2014
10.17pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

MrMoonlight said
I get on with girls more than I do with guys. I’m more awkward around girls, but I have barely any friends who are boys anymore. In fact, I haven’t spoken to any of my friends for months, apart from over Facebook (all of whom are girls), which is all I use my account for now. My closest guy friends just constantly spoke badly behind my back and right in front of me as well. My other friends who were guys couldn’t do anything whatsoever in terms of encouragement or help, and being so naive, it just made me feel even crappier. Apart from the two people I speak to over Facebook, you lot are my only proper friends.

Oh your last sentence just broke my heart, sending heart your way MrMoonlight. 

If those lads were your “real friends” they wouldn’t have talked about you behind your back. It’s better to have one or two very close friends in which you can confide everything in, than 20 phonies (my inner Holden Caulfield is being let loose). 

Have you considered joining a new club or anything where you can meet some new people? Acting (for me anyways) was/is a brilliant way to meet people and all their interesting quirks (two lads I know who are really into heavy metal and generally give an aura of being rebellious really love ‘American Beauty’ and Disney films which I never would have guessed if I hadn’t met them and got to know them). 

Whilst us internet people are amazing (if I do say so myself) talking and meeting up with people in person is much more fulfilling and more fun than dully tapping on keyboard keys and waiting 2 days for a reply a-hard-days-night-george-10

Hell, join a knitting club if you want, you could find something you’re really good at and you get to make new friends, double bonus!

MrMoonlight, Beatlebug

24 May 2014
10.21pm
ScrambledEggs
Behind the moon
Paris Olympia
Members

Reviewers
7275sp_Permalink sp_Print

ASJ, I have to say yet again that we’ve got a lot in common. Seriously, this last week has been so weird for me – I wore makeup twice! See my picture, I feel like it’s not even me because of the makeup.But man, it’s been a heck of a social week for me. All my friends are holding separate graduation parties. Even I’m having one tomorrow. I haven’t had time to sit down for what feels like years. So, looking pretty has been a neccessity. I don’t think I’ve ever spent as much time on my appearance than I have this week.

24 May 2014
10.28pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
7276sp_Permalink sp_Print

ScrambledEggs said
ASJ, I have to say yet again that we’ve got a lot in common. Seriously, this last week has been so weird for me – I wore makeup twice! See my picture, I feel like it’s not even me because of the makeup.But man, it’s been a heck of a social week for me. All my friends are holding separate graduation parties. Even I’m having one tomorrow. I haven’t had time to sit down for what feels like years. So, looking pretty has been a neccessity. I don’t think I’ve ever spent as much time on my appearance than I have this week.

:O Makeup is a bad word for me a-hard-days-night-george-10 I was in business class before and the teacher was talking about marketing and she said “Now ASJ which target market do certain makeup brands such as Maybelline aim for?” Like the f**k do I know, do I look like I’m wearing some kind of invisible makeup??? This redness isn’t from a bottle Miss.

Also I forgot to say this but you’re really pretty :P

Hope your party goes well, enjoy it! A couple of my friends graduated last Thursday but I wasn’t able to go out :(

Beatlebug

24 May 2014
10.29pm
MrMoonlight
Shea Stadium
Members
7277sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, getting into something I have in common with people would be good – maybe I could revive Merseybeat if I form a band a-hard-days-night-george-10

I don’t really like getting very close to people, really; I’m more of an independent person and I prefer to work by myself. But I do have some aspirations, like a band, and I also desperately want to do filmmaking but I don’t have anyone to work with.

24 May 2014
10.34pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
7278sp_Permalink sp_Print

Helpful hint to young awkward guys:  Chances are there are several pretty girls who like you because you’re awkward and shy.  Problem is, they usually don’t tell you.  Sometimes people go through their entire high school years never knowing someone they would have liked had a crush on them.

The following people thank Funny Paper for this post:

ScrambledEggs, IveJustSeenAFaceo, MrMoonlight, Beatlebug

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

24 May 2014
10.37pm
ScrambledEggs
Behind the moon
Paris Olympia
Members

Reviewers
7279sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

ScrambledEggs said

:O Makeup is a bad word for me a-hard-days-night-george-10 I was in business class before and the teacher was talking about marketing and she said “Now ASJ which target market do certain makeup brands such as Maybelline aim for?” Like the f**k do I know, do I look like I’m wearing some kind of invisible makeup??? This redness isn’t from a bottle Miss.

Also I forgot to say this but you’re really pretty :P

Hope your party goes well, enjoy it! A couple of my friends graduated last Thursday but I wasn’t able to go out :(

Thank you very much, for the compliment and the good wishes. Why weren’t you able to go out? :( here’s an open invatation to my party! 

24 May 2014
10.41pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

Great booking tickets as we speak!

Short answer: My mam

Long answer: My mam wants me to do well and losing another night of study would condemn me to getting F’s for the rest of my life!

Just kidding she’s a lovely* lady, who just wants to see me do well in life. She was away on a pilgrimage today and brought me back a pen that she got blessed to use in my exams (dawwww)

*I overuse the word ‘lovely’ far too much

Hmm it’s only €355 to fly from Dublin to Skopje but to get there it is a 13 hour flight :/ Think I might pass sorry :(

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694