The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 359 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
11 May 2014
8.12pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2669

So, any answers to my question upthread?

(This signature brought to you by Spaghetti Tuesdays. Occurring on Wednesdays since 2013.)

11 May 2014
8.39pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5755

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
So, any answers to my question upthread?

You might have better luck asking in this thread, it's less likely to be lost amongst the derailing. :->

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

11 May 2014
9.14pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 813

I'm currently making a remix of Maxwell's Silver Hammer. It sounds pretty good so far.

I also want to include a guitar solo - which would you like the most?

Mal's got a mop and another glass of orange juice!
~He took the mirrors off his Cadillac
'Cause he doesn't like looking like he looks back~
11 May 2014
9.31pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3327

Add the vocals to Ginger Baker's drums on the classic Cream recording Toad! I bet that would work!

Make sure you only use Ginger Baker's drums from Toad though!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
12 May 2014
5.27pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2213

Thanks for posting that picture of It a page back, I totally don't have a fear of clownsahdn_paul_01

It was Mother's Day in Europe too yesterday. I bought my mom a bead for her bracelet and in the afternoon we went to my grandma's house, who had a lot of food for some reason. 

Also, I know Eurovision was 2 days ago, but holy shit, WE CAME IN SECOND! SECOND! We haven't reached the top 3 since 1975. It was amazing. It was a bit unfortunate that we lost to Conchita. I understand ''her'' statement and loved her speech though. I felt sorry for France and Slovenia, but those songs really sucked. France was a Stromae rip-off and Slovenia was just boring. Poland was crap too. Actually, a lot of them were crap. I haven't said this in a long time, but The Netherlands were actually my favourite, followed by Norway, Switzerland, Malta and Armenia, even though the latter had a bad pronunciation.

12 May 2014
9.39pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10919

Congratulations on coming second Linde. I saw the results part, happily heard none of the songs aside from the UK's which was drivel.

We did our normal nothing (not scorewise, we got 23 or something), we have that nailed.a-hard-days-night-john-5 

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
12 May 2014
9.43pm
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1837

Technology - bah!

Was playing about with the shiny new PS4 I bought my son and captured an amazing game-play video from FFXIV.  Spent ages editing it down from 15 minutes to a perfect 3.  Saved my project.  Deleted original file to save space.  Found out that save project doesn't save my edited video, it only places markers in the (now deleted) original video - seems I had to render the project to make a video file.  Screwed.

13 May 2014
9.11pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said
Congratulations on coming second Linde. I saw the results part, happily heard none of the songs aside from the UK's which was drivel.

We did our normal nothing (not scorewise, we got 23 or something), we have that nailed.a-hard-days-night-john-5 

Oh, I think you would actually like our entry, it was kind of country-ish. It's actually becoming really successful, reaching #1 in 12 countries or so. 

I was going to say something else as well, but I completely forgot what it was..

13 May 2014
9.46pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10919

Maybe. 

I have all Eurovision entries smeared with the dogpoo stick as the UK entry is the one i always here first and its always shit.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
14 May 2014
1.56am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2669

Well that whole thing was disappointing. Hockey just doesn't go right for my teams ever, eh? Major shakeup needed, probably starting with Bylsma being fired.

(This signature brought to you by Spaghetti Tuesdays. Occurring on Wednesdays since 2013.)

14 May 2014
8.02am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

[@Ahhh Girl asked if I would post the following dispatch from her travels.]

If I could find Joe on the Abbey Road web cam, I could sleuth this one out. I saw this panel describing a part of the frieze that once ran around the Parthenon.

20140513_175042.jpg

So of course I had to go along the north side and look for the John, Paul, and George of the Panathenaic procession. I didn't see anything that looked like a guitar so I asked a museum docent about it. Mistake. I asked a second one. I should have known better. So, I looked quickly at all the panels on the north side until I saw this one.

20140513_180521.jpg

Then I saw the drawing of what that part of the frieze looked like when it was more intact.

20140513_180551.jpg

Sure enough, enough of that piece of marble is still intact enough to see the ancient guitar.

20140513_174817.jpg

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/kith/hd_kith.htm

I asked our waiter at dinner about the word kithara. He said it means guitar. He asked me why I was interested in the word. We chatted for a few moments, then he got a funny look on his face and said, "we do have real guitars now." Too funny!

I wonder what song they were playing for Athena and her worshippers?

14 May 2014
1.17pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5755

[Also posting on Ahhh Girl's behalf]

I hadn't bought this album yet. I found it and bought it in a cd/music store on the island of Santorini.

20140511_173747.jpg

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

14 May 2014
4.46pm
Necko
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1011

Here's some more "Beatle spotting" that doesn't really qualify as news.  The official Alvin Lee (of Ten Years After) Facebook page shared this picture.  It is George Harrison and Alvin Lee (judging by the way George looks, I'd say mid '70s).  I've never seen this picture before.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.
14 May 2014
6.44pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

@Necko said
Here's some more "Beatle spotting" that doesn't really qualify as news.  The official Alvin Lee (of Ten Years After) Facebook page shared this picture.  It is George Harrison and Alvin Lee (judging by the way George looks, I'd say mid '70s).  I've never seen this picture before.

Though they recorded together a few times during the '70s, George guesting mainly on Alvin Lee releases (such as his 1973 album On the Road to Freedom), my guess would be that it was taken in October 1974 at the A&M Studios in Los Angeles. George was rehearsing his tour band there in preparation for the imminent Dark Horse tour while finishing off the album of the same name. Alvin Lee plays guitar on Ding Dong, Ding Dong, and I would suggest that the picture comes from the overdub session for that. It is possibly George's home studio at Friar Park during late August-early September, as Lee was a neighbour of George's - but George's home studio was a little more "homemade" at the time (hope you'll forgive the pun!).

14 May 2014
7.04pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5166

I'm Bored lets have a forum party

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help

14 May 2014
7.09pm
MrMoonlight
Rishikesh

Woo. Yes. You go, girl.

The following people thank MrMoonlight for this post:

Annadog40
14 May 2014
7.27pm
MrMoonlight
Rishikesh

I've just had the strangest idea: a sidescrolling Beatles adventure game using the famous Abbey Road shot for the characters, if you get my gist.

EDIT: And the soundtrack!

The following people thank MrMoonlight for this post:

Annadog40
14 May 2014
7.40pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5166

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help

14 May 2014
9.24pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Well that whole thing was disappointing. Hockey just doesn't go right for my teams ever, eh? Major shakeup needed, probably starting with Bylsma being fired.

lol, tough luck! But at least you have a Stanley Cup victory within living memory.

Last time my Leafs won, I was a literal fetus.

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo
One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
15 May 2014
3.20pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5890

Internet cafe! I can post some pictures.

First, @Zig and the other ale drinkers, I saw this on a t-shirt in a shop in Athens: "Two Beers or Not Two Beers" - Shakesbeer

Ancient Greek HELP! figurines (at the National Archaeological Museum in Athens).
null

More on the kithara (also spelled cithara)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Zig, AppleScruffJunior, Annadog40, Sugarplum fairy, Merch
52 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
5 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10919

mr. Sun king coming together: 6872

Ahhh Girl: 5890

parlance: 5755

Annadog40: 5166

Zig: 4703

Mr. Kite: 4663

mithveaen: 4646

Ron Nasty: 3327

fabfouremily: 2949

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2759

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3197

Newest Members: Paperback Writer 1971, kristen12356, glaszwiebel, ahemadmolvi, danedania

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5890, meanmistermustard: 10919, Zig: 4703, Joe: 3592

Administrators: Joe: 3592, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: John Harrison
Upcoming: Mistermark21