The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 356 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
9 May 2014
9.31pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 788

I made it not even two minutes before I broke down because I saw Elizabeth. I'm scared of talking about it because the only thing people give me is tough love... and I know I can't do anything about it. I just keep praying and hoping... here I am on my knees, begging if you please.

Mal's got a mop and another glass of orange juice!
~He took the mirrors off his Cadillac
'Cause he doesn't like looking like he looks back~
9 May 2014
9.41pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4751

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Have you thought of changing schools or looking for alternative educational thingies?

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help
9 May 2014
9.55pm
MrMoonlight
Rishikesh

Annadog40 said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Have you thought of changing schools or looking for alternative educational thingies?

Thing is, I don't really want to move schools. I've been working outside of lessons, but the thing is that I'm thinking about it all constantly, even when I'm at home. People do care about me at school, but it's almost as if nobody but her is affecting me in any way whatsoever. It doesn't help that I've finished taking my antidepressants and I'm more anxious than ever. If I moved schools, I'd still constantly be worried about what's going on there and if people are happy that I've left or whatever. I'm off for another week or so now whilst my new meds set in, but I still have to do schoolwork at home and it's just too much hassle and I just want a break from it. Granted, I've had one already, but I wasn't expecting to have to play catch-up for every subject which means loads and loads of work which is just overwhelming me. I'm scared, TBH.

9 May 2014
10.07pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4306

Ahhh Girl said

Were any Beatles songs inspired by their trip to Greece?

Girl!

And I'm Irish too, if any of you knew my last name it'd be obvious!

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Ahhh Girl

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love! If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
9 May 2014
10.14pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1834

Is anyone here not (at least) partially Irish?

We breed like bloody rabbits, I guess its all because of our sexy accent a-hard-days-night-george-10

I made myself pass out today :P I was doing a monologue where the character is slowly descending into madness, I felt pressure at the top of my head and the next thing I woke up on the floor with my head spinning. 

First time that's ever happened was quite weird a-hard-days-night-paul-4

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Annadog40
INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
9 May 2014
10.17pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4306

AppleScruffJunior said

We breed like bloody rabbits, I guess its all because of our sexy accent a-hard-days-night-george-10

I made myself pass out today :P I was doing a monologue where the character is slowly descending into madness, I felt pressure at the top of my head and the next thing I woke up on the floor with my head spinning. 

The question is: did that help the performance?

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Annadog40

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love! If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
9 May 2014
10.34pm
Annadog40
Apple rooftop

AppleScruffJunior said

Do you act a lot?

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help
9 May 2014
10.36pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

I'm half Irish, and my family has a huge St. Patrick's Day party every year with lots of Irish music and whatnot (and later on, a lot of rock as well)

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
9 May 2014
11.02pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5535

On my dad's side I'm Scots Irish. So, my family was from mmm's stomping grounds, but lived for a while amongst ASJ's folks before hightailing it across the Atlantic.

http://www.archives.com/expert.....rview.html

I'm a result of the Great American Melting Pot. On mom's side I'm pure English. Guess I can't take a position on the Scottish Independence question.

9 May 2014
11.57pm
Annadog40
Apple rooftop

I am 1/2 Irish though the Irish side of the family is far away 

10 May 2014
11.40am
MrMoonlight
Rishikesh

I'm writing a song. It's a rock'n'roll one, Chuck Berry-style. It's about glasses.

One person in this community knows what I'm on about a-hard-days-night-george-10

10 May 2014
12.10pm
MrMoonlight
Rishikesh

I'm actually quite impressed with it, too. The subject matter is odd, but very, very painful. I can't really write happy songs about things that make me happy, but it's good to have an upbeat chord progression. I've written the first verse and I'm currently writing the solo. Hopefully I'll be able to show it to you when I get my guitar - it's got both that and piano in it.

Again, the only problem is that it's constantly leading me on a depressing train of thought that I can never escape. Help.

10 May 2014
2.18pm
Necko
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 965

AppleScruffJunior said

My heritage is mostly Irish, but I'm an American.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.
10 May 2014
4.06pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1110

1/4 Irish, 1/4 German, 1/2 Dutch

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
10 May 2014
5.10pm
Annadog40
Apple rooftop

I was watching some Hell's Kitchen when I saw an add for this

http://youtu.be/A4Xgo5HKrrA

10 May 2014
5.45pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2173

I'm just plain old Dutch. My grandma's great grandmother or something like that was spanish though. 

Today I went to a monastery, which was open for public. You could just walk around in the building and talk to nuns and all. It was very interesting and educative. The oldest nun was 80 and the youngest 33. We spoke with both of them. I was surprised to see a 33 year old. She had been there for 10 years already and didn't really miss her old life. She can go visit her family twice a year and said it was very hard to say goodbye when returning to the monastery. I can see that. Her family can come more often to visit her though. What also surprised me was to see a television in the recreation room. I asked what they watched when watching tv. They just watch the news and whatever is important for them. They never watch any movies or Eurovision. I was also surprised to hear that she has a mobile phone and a laptop. She only uses her phone to call her parents and text them and she only uses her laptop for school (she's following a theology course). Then there was a short film about how they spend their days. It was very interesting.

10 May 2014
6.58pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5535

Santorini sunsets are beautiful.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

trcanberra
10 May 2014
7.36pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

Annadog40 said

AppleScruffJunior said

Do you act a lot?

It's my part-time career :P I've been acting since I was 4 and did my first couple of years with a teacher from The Royal Irish Academy of Music and Drama. When I was 7ish I did my first ever paid job with a touring company around the west of Ireland which was great fun. From then on I've been doing paid work and unpaid work (mostly the latter rather than the former :( ). Nothing I've done though was "big" though just little companies who did theatre for the love of it. I've done everything from Shakespeare to musicals to short films to extra work to dubbing (I could have been in 'Vikings' but I had no way of getting to Dublin which to say the least slightly irritated me and I'm definitely going to apply for Game of Thrones the second I turn 18 :P). 

For the future, I'm not certain if I'll audition for RADA next January or not, if I could somehow make a decent living off of acting I would do it in a heartbeat. Acting is a passion of mine as I always used to think of myself as a bit "weird" until I joined a youth drama group when I was 12 who were just as mental as I am. Being different characters is a form of escapism for me, I get to be someone else, whether it be a plague victim, a cat, a simpleton or a prostitute (yes I have done all of them, don't ask about the last one a-hard-days-night-paul-3). I'd say I've done around 150 different acting jobs (whether that's promotional stuff, plays, poetry recitals, short-films, extra work blah blah) over my 12 years as an actor, about 30 of them being paid work (and the pay is awful- bloody minimum wage for an under 18 year old a-hard-days-night-paul-11).  I'm at the awkward stage in that I'm 16 but a lot of people who are over 18 look like they could play a 16 year old so they take the jobs I could get (it's easier to employ someone who is over 18). 

I try and do a monologue/recite a poem at least once a week to keep me in tune (I don't really plan to work for the next year and a half and when I get into college maybe try and do something with The Druid Theatre which would be amazing!). 

And that's my whole acting life condensed into a few badly-written paragraphs which are littered with smileys, feel free to ask questions :P

Oh and when I fainted, it was just in my bedroom nobody actually saw it (darn)

Annadog40, parlance
INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
10 May 2014
7.42pm
Annadog40
Apple rooftop

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I can totally relate to that since I am going to go into acting as a job though I haven't been acting as long as you. How is camera acting different than theater acting for you?

10 May 2014
7.59pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

A lot of the teenagers and people in their 20s who I worked with went on to do film studies in college (which also answers Ron Nasty's question about how the hell did I know about the French film 'Baise-Moi' :P). They are always making short-films and I generally help them in whatever way I can.

Stage acting is very expressive, you have to be over-dramatic with your actions so the people right at the back can see you, you also have to speak louder for the same reason (the majority of professional shows with the exception of massive West-End and Broadways do not use microphones). Whereas working up close with a camera you keep your general actions to a minimum and you don't need to speak as loud (obviously). 

A friend of mine described it the best "When you're acting on stage you use your body, when you're acting for a film you use your eyes". You focus less on showing your emotions and more on having them, film allows you more to connect with your character than stage, I think.

I do prefer stage acting overall though, doing one scene from the beginning and one scene from the end of the film, really messes with your acting unless you're a strong actor.

Annadog40
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Mr Bellamy, Mr. Kite
58 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
3 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10402

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5535

parlance: 5504

Annadog40: 4751

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4555

Mr. Kite: 4306

Ron Nasty: 3218

fabfouremily: 2947

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2685

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3146

Newest Members: phile24, ZoeLouk, arsentev78, Rocky You're a Blackbird, Johnlovedcats

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5535, meanmistermustard: 10402, Zig: 4555, Joe: 3497

Administrators: Joe: 3497, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None