Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
9 May 2014
10.07pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7101sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Were any Beatles songs inspired by their trip to Greece?

Girl!

And I’m Irish too, if any of you knew my last name it’d be obvious!

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Ahhh Girl

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

9 May 2014
10.14pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
7102sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is anyone here not (at least) partially Irish?

We breed like bloody rabbits, I guess its all because of our sexy accent a-hard-days-night-george-10

I made myself pass out today :P I was doing a monologue where the character is slowly descending into madness, I felt pressure at the top of my head and the next thing I woke up on the floor with my head spinning. 

First time that’s ever happened was quite weird a-hard-days-night-paul-4

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Starr Shine?

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

9 May 2014
10.17pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
7103sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

We breed like bloody rabbits, I guess its all because of our sexy accent a-hard-days-night-george-10

I made myself pass out today :P I was doing a monologue where the character is slowly descending into madness, I felt pressure at the top of my head and the next thing I woke up on the floor with my head spinning. 

The question is: did that help the performance?

Starr Shine?

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

9 May 2014
10.34pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
7104sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

Do you act a lot?

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

9 May 2014
10.36pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
7105sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m half Irish, and my family has a huge St. Patrick’s Day party every year with lots of Irish music and whatnot (and later on, a lot of rock as well)

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

9 May 2014
11.02pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
7106sp_Permalink sp_Print

On my dad’s side I’m Scots Irish. So, my family was from mmm’s stomping grounds, but lived for a while amongst ASJ’s folks before hightailing it across the Atlantic.

http://www.archives.com/expert…..rview.html

I’m a result of the Great American Melting Pot. On mom’s side I’m pure English. Guess I can’t take a position on the Scottish Independence question.

9 May 2014
11.57pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
7107sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am 1/2 Irish though the Irish side of the family is far away 

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

10 May 2014
11.40am
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832
7108sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m writing a song. It’s a rock’n’roll one, Chuck Berry-style. It’s about glasses.

One person in this community knows what I’m on about a-hard-days-night-george-10

10 May 2014
12.10pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832
7109sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m actually quite impressed with it, too. The subject matter is odd, but very, very painful. I can’t really write happy songs about things that make me happy, but it’s good to have an upbeat chord progression. I’ve written the first verse and I’m currently writing the solo. Hopefully I’ll be able to show it to you when I get my guitar – it’s got both that and piano in it.

Again, the only problem is that it’s constantly leading me on a depressing train of thought that I can never escape. Help .

10 May 2014
2.18pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
7110sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

My heritage is mostly Irish, but I’m an American.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

10 May 2014
4.06pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
7111sp_Permalink sp_Print

1/4 Irish, 1/4 German, 1/2 Dutch

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

10 May 2014
5.10pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
7112sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was watching some Hell’s Kitchen when I saw an add for this

http://youtu.be/A4Xgo5HKrrA

10 May 2014
5.45pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
7113sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m just plain old Dutch. My grandma’s great grandmother or something like that was spanish though. 

Today I went to a monastery, which was open for public. You could just walk around in the building and talk to nuns and all. It was very interesting and educative. The oldest nun was 80 and the youngest 33. We spoke with both of them. I was surprised to see a 33 year old. She had been there for 10 years already and didn’t really miss her old life. She can go visit her family twice a year and said it was very hard to say goodbye when returning to the monastery. I can see that. Her family can come more often to visit her though. What also surprised me was to see a television in the recreation room. I asked what they watched when watching tv. They just watch the news and whatever is important for them. They never watch any movies or Eurovision. I was also surprised to hear that she has a mobile phone and a laptop. She only uses her phone to call her parents and text them and she only uses her laptop for school (she’s following a theology course). Then there was a short film about how they spend their days. It was very interesting.

10 May 2014
6.58pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
7114sp_Permalink sp_Print

Santorini sunsets are beautiful.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

trcanberra
10 May 2014
7.36pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
7115sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

AppleScruffJunior said

Do you act a lot?

It’s my part-time career :P I’ve been acting since I was 4 and did my first couple of years with a teacher from The Royal Irish Academy of Music and Drama. When I was 7ish I did my first ever paid job with a touring company around the west of Ireland which was great fun. From then on I’ve been doing paid work and unpaid work (mostly the latter rather than the former :( ). Nothing I’ve done though was “big” though just little companies who did theatre for the love of it. I’ve done everything from Shakespeare to musicals to short films to extra work to dubbing (I could have been in ‘Vikings’ but I had no way of getting to Dublin which to say the least slightly irritated me and I’m definitely going to apply for Game of Thrones the second I turn 18 :P). 

For the future, I’m not certain if I’ll audition for RADA next January or not, if I could somehow make a decent living off of acting I would do it in a heartbeat. Acting is a passion of mine as I always used to think of myself as a bit “weird” until I joined a youth drama group when I was 12 who were just as mental as I am. Being different characters is a form of escapism for me, I get to be someone else, whether it be a plague victim, a cat, a simpleton or a prostitute (yes I have done all of them, don’t ask about the last one a-hard-days-night-paul-3). I’d say I’ve done around 150 different acting jobs (whether that’s promotional stuff, plays, poetry recitals, short-films, extra work blah blah) over my 12 years as an actor, about 30 of them being paid work (and the pay is awful- bloody minimum wage for an under 18 year old a-hard-days-night-paul-11).  I’m at the awkward stage in that I’m 16 but a lot of people who are over 18 look like they could play a 16 year old so they take the jobs I could get (it’s easier to employ someone who is over 18). 

I try and do a monologue/recite a poem at least once a week to keep me in tune (I don’t really plan to work for the next year and a half and when I get into college maybe try and do something with The Druid Theatre which would be amazing!). 

And that’s my whole acting life condensed into a few badly-written paragraphs which are littered with smileys, feel free to ask questions :P

Oh and when I fainted, it was just in my bedroom nobody actually saw it (darn)

Starr Shine?, parlance

10 May 2014
7.42pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
7116sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I can totally relate to that since I am going to go into acting as a job though I haven’t been acting as long as you. How is camera acting different than theater acting for you?

10 May 2014
7.59pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
7117sp_Permalink sp_Print

A lot of the teenagers and people in their 20s who I worked with went on to do film studies in college (which also answers Ron Nasty’s question about how the hell did I know about the French film ‘Baise-Moi’ :P). They are always making short-films and I generally help them in whatever way I can.

Stage acting is very expressive, you have to be over-dramatic with your actions so the people right at the back can see you, you also have to speak louder for the same reason (the majority of professional shows with the exception of massive West-End and Broadways do not use microphones). Whereas working up close with a camera you keep your general actions to a minimum and you don’t need to speak as loud (obviously). 

A friend of mine described it the best “When you’re acting on stage you use your body, when you’re acting for a film you use your eyes”. You focus less on showing your emotions and more on having them, film allows you more to connect with your character than stage, I think.

I do prefer stage acting overall though, doing one scene from the beginning and one scene from the end of the film, really messes with your acting unless you’re a strong actor.

Starr Shine?

10 May 2014
9.48pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
7118sp_Permalink sp_Print

In time for the Eurovision results, the bit i like. Russia are doing well, there might be a massive fight at the end.ahdn_paul_01 UK not so well.a-hard-days-night-paul-7

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

10 May 2014
10.06pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
7119sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

I was watching some Hell’s Kitchen when I saw an add for this

http://youtu.be/A4Xgo5HKrrA

That seems interesting, cant believe some people are that gullible though! a-hard-days-night-john-6

Starr Shine?

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

10 May 2014
10.40pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
7120sp_Permalink sp_Print

Worse is that some people are going to watch that guff. People who are need to put the remote control down, pick up the tv, lob it out of the window and go sit in a cupboard.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Mr. Kite

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691