Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
5 May 2014
12.39am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7021sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

like Emmylou Harris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..2Vtr3dWddo

The following people thank Zig for this post:

meanmistermustard

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

5 May 2014
12.51am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
7022sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks Zig, could listen to her for hours.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Zig

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 May 2014
11.27am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223

O.K. @Mr. Kite, you’ve gotten to me. Warning, this spoiler belongs in the perhaps-one-day-to-be-created x-rated thread.

Image Enlarger

This was all I could think about when I heard these lyrics from I’m Looking Through You “The only difference is you’re down there”

For those who don’t want to scar their minds by revealing that spoiler, I’ll put something in this post for you. The mods get to see this note, but we can’t act up on it. I guess Joe takes care of it, or it takes care of itself some how. I don’t even really know what it means. The number fluctuates, but this is the first time I saw this number in the note. It made me wonder how @SatanHimself is doing. I know he was having a really rough go of it the last time he checked in.
posts-require-removal.PNGImage Enlarger

6 May 2014
6.02pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
7024sp_Permalink sp_Print

Best gif find ever… You will never forget about it!

Even when I’m giving a break it still appears… It’s taking on a life of its own!

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Ahhh Girl

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

6 May 2014
6.37pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
7025sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl  You have spoiled my innocent mind forever, I will never listen to that song in the same way ever again paul-mccartneypaul-mccartney

Now listening to: Why Don’t We Do It In The Road

Wait a minute a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

….

….

….

….

…..

…..

….

….

…..

….

….

….

….

….

…..

…..

…..

ahdn_george_06

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Mr. Kite

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

6 May 2014
6.42pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
7026sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

@Ahhh Girl  You have spoiled my innocent mind forever

I’ve read a lot of your posts – that train (One After 909 ) left the station long before now. a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Starr Shine?, Ahhh Girl, Mr. Kite

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

6 May 2014
6.52pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
7027sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

AppleScruffJunior said

@Ahhh Girl  You have spoiled my innocent mind forever

I’ve read a lot of your posts – that train (One After 909 ) left the station long before now. a-hard-days-night-george-10

Indeed 

tumblr_myfqqxa6Fz1rznvc3o1_500.gifImage Enlarger

Note: I could find no pipe-smoking gif only a pretty bad one with Einstein, so deal with it!

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Zig

6 May 2014
7.12pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
7028sp_Permalink sp_Print

Eurovision has started woohoo

6 May 2014
8.59pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
7029sp_Permalink sp_Print

Johns lighter kinda looks like a pipe…
http://marijuanacannabis.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/the-beatles-photo-credit-tumblr.jpgImage Enlarger

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

6 May 2014
9.01pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

There is a dedicated pop-up Eurovision radio station as provided by the BBC for anyone who is interested  – Radio 2 Eurovision – from Thursday 8th May to Sunday 11th May.

Radio 2 Eurovision will air from midday to midnight over the four days of transmission, except on the big day Saturday 10 May, when it will be simulcast with Radio 2 from 10am to 1pm with Graham Norton’s regular weekly show, when he will be live on air from this year’s host city, Copenhagen.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 May 2014
9.29pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
7031sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yikes a lot of people were booing when Russia got through.

Come on lads, it’s a stupid talent contest not a political show! Be friends!

6 May 2014
9.33pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
7032sp_Permalink sp_Print

Eurovision has been steeped in politics for years, its what makes the voting so predictable and a joke – hence this guide.

6 May 2014
9.39pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
7033sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Eurovision has been steeped in politics for years, its what makes the voting so predictable and a joke – hence this guide.

Yeah, I didn’t really phrase my above comment well. All though cheers for the 8 points or so the UK gives us every year 😛 

The Netherlands is my favourite this year, I think, so glad Latvia didn’t get through…baking cakes really….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..KpE3NBjRCQ

6 May 2014
10.04pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
7034sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah I watched it too and I was on Twitter while watching it. Tears were literally streaming down my face from laughing. Hilarious stuff. 

I’m glad we’re through btw. I had hope of course, but I wasn’t really expecting anything. I also hadn’t heard the song in it’s entirety before, but I thought it was pretty good. It was the only normal and solid song, they sang well, I liked the lighting and the background, I liked Ilse’s dress, wasn’t too crazy about Waylon’s amish outfit though.

Fun fact: The female singer, Ilse deLange, is from my hometown. She is one of the biggest singers in the Netherlands, but she’s still just so normal. In the east, we’ve got a different accent than, let’s say people from Amsterdam. It’s being considered as being countrified. A lot of people who are from here and who made it have tried to change their accents or hide it, but she never did that. She was never ashamed of where she came from and I think that makes her awesome.

I thought the bake a cake song was hilarious, and it was catchy. I would’ve preferred it over a lot of other songs that DID go through. I mean San Marino, what the hell? Apparently that girl has participated 3 times already! And they never got through. But it was just soooo bad. And Sweden’s song was just a straight rip off off Wrecking Ball. And there were other songs and choreographies that were completely lifted from others. That made it quite boring to watch actually, that and the short dresses. They were all behaving slutty, with too much make up, bleached hair and horrible dresses. Yawn. Booooriiiing.

I’m curious as for what Thursday will bring us. I’ve seen something about Conchita Wurst, a ”lady” with a beard? 

6 May 2014
10.14pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
7035sp_Permalink sp_Print

Indeed Conchita is a drag queen (?) from Austria.

Apparently the Dutch song went to no.1 so good on it, I prefer it live to the recorded version though. I loved her hair.

You have think of San Marino’s population when you hear they’ve sent the same girl 3 times, San Marino has a population of around 32,000 and apparently she’s like their ‘Beyonce’ so I guess if they didn’t send her they’d have to send the local butcher or whatever.

Here’s Ireland’s song, I don’t like it but knowing Eurovision it could do well. They made the entire music video for €10 I believe, one of my friend’s friend made it :P

Our Eurosong is always really crap and One Direction almost wrecked the entire thing by one of them tweeting about a certain lad who was performing on Eurosong and was with 1D on the X-Factor, which was really cruel for the other competitors and Harry Styles (I think he was the one who tweeted it) got loads of backlash off people for doing it.

6 May 2014
11.07pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
7036sp_Permalink sp_Print

One reason i cant watch Eurovision is that the greatest entry ever never won, after this classic everything else is just rubbish.

Latvia obviously taking the piss and treating it as a huge laugh yet the UK put forward the same embarrassing guff sentiments every year. Our entry this time is dreadful. 

Was there not an entry last year where very old ladies came out with bread or something and did some kind of waddling dance? 

7 May 2014
3.34am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
7037sp_Permalink sp_Print

Off the Eurovision talk for a moment.

Rockshow was just on Palladia, I caught the last 3 quarters (starting at Picasso’s Last Words) after my hockey game. I’d never seen it before, though I have Wings Over America , so I’d heard it before. I thought it was really cool, as all of Paul’s live stuff is. I really liked how much room he gave Denny to do his thing, it really felt like Denny was part of the band, something I can’t say for Jimmy and Joe.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

7 May 2014
2.14pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
7038sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Off the Eurovision talk for a moment.

Rockshow was just on Palladia, I caught the last 3 quarters (starting at Picasso’s Last Words) after my hockey game. I’d never seen it before, though I have Wings Over America , so I’d heard it before. I thought it was really cool, as all of Paul’s live stuff is. I really liked how much room he gave Denny to do his thing, it really felt like Denny was part of the band, something I can’t say for Jimmy and Joe.

Probably why Denny stayed on for the duration of the band’s existence and the others didn’t- I think Paul really respected Denny’s musicianship and talent and allowed Denny the freedom to do his thing (for the most part) during the entirety of Wings. Linda was the only other band member to stay the entire duration of the band’s existence, and in her case, it’s not hard to figure out why. The others were pretty interchangeable, although I always felt Lawrence Juber could have been a constant had the band stuck it out past ’81.

The following people thank WETSRoosa for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

7 May 2014
10.01pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
7039sp_Permalink sp_Print

The place feels odd with AG gone for a while – hope she gets some mobile WiFi access – if she can tear her eyes away from the sights :)

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Mr. Kite

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

7 May 2014
10.05pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
7040sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl? She replied to me just yesterday!

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Filipe, Timothy, Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694