Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
26 April 2014
5.56pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6901sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Sure, @AppleScruffJunior, hop in here. But, no booze for you, young missy.

Spoil sport a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Don’t make me pull out a certain Cyndi Lauper song! 

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Ahhh Girl

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

26 April 2014
6.13pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
6902sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

Ahhh Girl said
Sure, @AppleScruffJunior, hop in here. But, no booze for you, young missy.

Spoil sport a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Don’t make me pull out a certain Cyndi Lauper song! 

My true color is purple

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

26 April 2014
6.19pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
6903sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Actually I was thinking of Time After Time but whatever a-hard-days-night-george-10

26 April 2014
8.31pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
6904sp_Permalink sp_Print

I thought you meant girls just wanna have fun… Close enough a-hard-days-night-george-9

@Starr Shine? Well if we’re still here then it’d be a lot more crowded, and we’d have a lot more people wed need to remember, and someone out there might be more unpredictable than even you!! a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Starr Shine?

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

26 April 2014
8.56pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
6905sp_Permalink sp_Print

So that was the first Kingsday. I still have to get used to it, I keep on calling it Queensday. It wasn’t actually today, but tomorrow, to make it even more confusing, but because it’s Sunday they celebrated it today. 

It was a bit boring, usually there’s this whole festival in the evening, but all of a sudden it was yesterday instead of today. Also, there’s a jumble sale in town every year and all places are usually taken. It’s so big it spreads out all over the market square, so when it’s on a Thursday or Saturday, all marketpeople have to move their stands. Usually there are also a few stages with bands performing and activities for children. This year half of the places were empty, there was only one stage with 4 middle ages men doing karaoke, no people sitting on the market, so there was just a regular market. Barely any stands with people selling nice foreign snacks. Just people selling their junk and people running over the streets being drunk. It was like walking through a slum.

26 April 2014
8.58pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
6906sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mr. Kite said
I thought you meant girls just wanna have fun… Close enough a-hard-days-night-george-9

@Starr Shine? Well if we’re still here then it’d be a lot more crowded, and we’d have a lot more people wed need to remember, and someone out there might be more unpredictable than even you!! a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

No one can be more spontaneous than me!!

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Mr. Kite

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

26 April 2014
9.14pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
6907sp_Permalink sp_Print

I should go to “The Songs” section and start 200-or-so threads with the title “Any/No love for [song title]?”.

The following people thank Necko for this post:

Starr Shine?, Mr. Kite, IveJustSeenAFaceo

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

26 April 2014
9.22pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
6908sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mr. Kite said

I did, my sarcasm does not work well in written form :P

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Starr Shine?, Mr. Kite

26 April 2014
10.02pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6909sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

Mr. Kite said

I did, my sarcasm does not work well in written form :P

Yeah, that’s the only problem with typing everything! 

Starr Shine?

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

26 April 2014
10.39pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
6910sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said
How would things be different if all of the guests were users?

Well for one thing – the ‘topics with unread posts’ box would no doubt keel over and die from the strain of too many posts to keep track of :)

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Starr Shine?, Mr. Kite, IveJustSeenAFaceo

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

26 April 2014
11.23pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
6911sp_Permalink sp_Print

Damn! I had a response to that! (6913, in case someone beats me to posting! a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 if not!) Honest! Get up to put something in the oven, midnight-ish Saturday night, munchies, not sure where cooking instructions are – you know you put them down but… finally find them so you know how long to cook to avoid food poisoning, put in oven, stumble back to sofa, sit in front of screen and… damn, great response (Did I say it was great? It was very very great – fantastic and witty!), GONE!

My mind was whizzing with wordplay you couldn’t imagine! Alas, nor can I now!

Can someone pass over another banana beer? Not sure I like but if that’s all there is… Hey! I’ve had an idea, we’re on the roof of an apple… is there any drink we can brew using an apple?

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Mr. Kite

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

26 April 2014
11.27pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
6912sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
Damn! I had a response to that! (6913, in case someone beats me to posting! a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 if not!) Honest! Get up to put something in the oven, midnight-ish Saturday night, munchies, not sure where cooking instructions are – you know you put them down but… finally find them so you know how long to cook to avoid food poisoning, put in oven, stumble back to sofa, sit in front of screen and… damn, great response (Did I say it was great? It was very very great – fantastic and witty!), GONE!

My mind was whizzing with wordplay you couldn’t imagine! Alas, nor can I now!

Can someone pass over another banana beer? Not sure I like but if that’s all there is… Hey! I’ve had an idea, we’re on the roof of an apple… is there any drink we can brew using an apple?

I dont think anyone brought apples we will have to wait for the next person to deliver stuff

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

26 April 2014
11.35pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6913sp_Permalink sp_Print

Erm… excuse me, young lady… look to (depending on your device) your left, just below your “I am here as you are here etc.”, your are here on top of an Apple as am I, just like James with his Giant Peach. Now, that is another drink I hate! Peach Schnapps! So wouldn’t help being on Peach rooftop instead of Apple…

Starr Shine?, Mr. Kite

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

26 April 2014
11.53pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
6914sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well cider is the given for use of the apples. You could mix them with the bananas and concoct some vile home brew that knocks your socks off after a good sup.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

26 April 2014
11.58pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
6915sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
Erm… excuse me, young lady… look to (depending on your device) your left, just below your “I am here as you are here etc.”, your are here on top of an Apple as am I, just like James with his Giant Peach. Now, that is another drink I hate! Peach Schnapps! So wouldn’t help being on Peach rooftop instead of Apple…

So all this time the apple building was made out of apples! 

27 April 2014
12.11am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

Annadog40 said

Ron Nasty said

No wonder it became rotten to the core.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Mr. Kite, Starr Shine?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 April 2014
12.39am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6917sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

Ron Nasty said

Obviously! It’s on the label! Apple! Me and Dirk, and Stig and Barry, we had a much better idea. Well, mainly me and Chastity, but the boys agreed…

rcorps.jpgImage Enlarger

There’s me pointing at the blueprint of the HQ we split up before we built. We would have played live on those nice little platforms… facing a different side of the city every few minutes. Barry really wasn’t looking forward to moving around his drum kit to face the audience…

Alas, the “Black Hole of Savile Row” etc., life is what kneecaps you while you’re busy scheming other schemes…

Not that the building was forgotten. Dirk sold the plans… allowed a few changes (losing the platforms was a shame), and many years later the (proper name, though publicly I think it’s nicknamed something else) Nasty-McQuickly Tower was unveiled in London…

image-from-originalbuzz-info.jpgImage Enlarger

No arguing that Dirk did a couple of tweaks… stopped them painting it yellow, lost the terraces… Hee-hee! Seems people are saying it looks like a gherkin…

What?!!! A gherkin!

Ah well! Maybe I shouldn’t have insisted on the Nasty-McQuickly name…

What do you mean he switched it to McQuickly-Nasty Tower? DIRK! You know the agreement! ….

Starr Shine?, Ahhh Girl

27 April 2014
10.09am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22236
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Nasty. McQuickly. (the connotation of those names along with the 40 minutes comment) Girls Just Want to Have Fun. @Zig and I sub-contracting our duties to @Mr. Kite so we can hang out in the hammock with the party crowd in the communal hammock. No, I should’t be scrolling back up through this conversation at 5 in the morning.

27 April 2014
2.00pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6919sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Nasty. McQuickly. (the connotation of those names along with the 40 minutes comment) Girls Just Want to Have Fun. @Zig and I sub-contracting our duties to @Mr. Kite so we can hang out in the hammock with the party crowd in the communal hammock. No, I should’t be scrolling back up through this conversation at 5 in the morning.

I will not let you two down! Dusting off my clipboard as we speak… (type)

Ahhh Girl, Starr Shine?

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

27 April 2014
2.06pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
6920sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

How many people can the hammock support and what will we do if it breaks?

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Ahhh Girl, Timothy
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22235, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694