Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
24 April 2014
10.25pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6861sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
^ *silently sniggers* I’ll bring drink with me then! a-hard-days-night-george-10In Ireland you’re able to buy fake IDs for €20 on the internet (and they are really well made as well). But why would you really buy a fake ID, 18 isn’t that far away from the time the majority of people start drinking at 14-16 years old- that and an older sibling/friend can buy it for you. Simples! 

Over here they’ve become very strict with the whole ID control. I used to work at Lidl, and we had those ID scanners, which could sense whether an ID was fake or not. Other supermarkets have been using it too. There’s a lot of inspection going on and if they give alcohol or tabacco to kids under 18, they can lose their license which allows them to sell it in the first place. So they’ve been quite careful with that. 

I also never really got all of the fuss about alcohol. When I turned 16 the legal age was still 16, and of course I tried something, but it wasn’t really until 18 that I started drinking. Why not just wait until your 18th? What’s so cool about being able to buy beer? I don’t really get it and I also don’t really care for it. Why let friends buy you vodka? Why are teens so desperate for alcohol? Just have a coke, man! 

24 April 2014
10.29pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
6862sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

AppleScruffJunior said
^ *silently sniggers* I’ll bring drink with me then! a-hard-days-night-george-10In Ireland you’re able to buy fake IDs for €20 on the internet (and they are really well made as well). But why would you really buy a fake ID, 18 isn’t that far away from the time the majority of people start drinking at 14-16 years old- that and an older sibling/friend can buy it for you. Simples! 

Over here they’ve become very strict with the whole ID control. I used to work at Lidl, and we had those ID scanners, which could sense whether an ID was fake or not. Other supermarkets have been using it too. There’s a lot of inspection going on and if they give alcohol or tabacco to kids under 18, they can lose their license which allows them to sell it in the first place. So they’ve been quite careful with that. 

I also never really got all of the fuss about alcohol. When I turned 16 the legal age was still 16, and of course I tried something, but it wasn’t really until 18 that I started drinking. Why not just wait until your 18th? What’s so cool about being able to buy beer? I don’t really get it and I also don’t really care for it. Why let friends buy you vodka? Why are teens so desperate for alcohol? Just have a coke, man! 

I think it is because it’s FORBIDDEN

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

24 April 2014
10.41pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
6863sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

meanmistermustard said
You could make a banana boat and then take it out into the sea.

But were on apple roof how will we get to the sea? or would we bring the sea to the roof?

It can be used as a means of safety when i push folk off the rooftop edge after they have had too much to drink and annoyed me. 

Scotland is also battling against fake ids and underage drinking. Any shop found selling alcohol to those below the legal age limit can be fined and/or have their license suspended or revoked. Any adult found buying alcohol for those underage can be prosecuted (probably result in a warning or a fine). 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Starr Shine?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

24 April 2014
10.46pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
6864sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Oh rebellious teenagers with their rebellious ways. 

Here’s a spoiler: I don’t actually drink a-hard-days-night-george-10 It’s a running joke among my friends to make me appear as some ‘rampant-vapid alcoholic’ when I don’t touch the stuff. I also take it upon myself to take the mick out of any person who pretends to be drunk whenever I go out. The amount of people who stumble around declaring “OMG I’m so drunk #wasted”, and the minute they see their parents sober up immediately, is quite interesting.

One of my acting buddies used to sell rolled up “joints” of random non-high inducing herbs to people for €10 and the amount of people who said how “high” they were was hilarious. 

Idiots 

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

parlance, IveJustSeenAFaceo

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

24 April 2014
11.01pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
6865sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Starr Shine? said
how do you make beer out of Bananas don’t you need other stuff like hops and barley?

As with all the suggested recipes other ingredients would be needed, true. Not many in the case of Banana Beer. Cereal flour and water basically. It’s a tricky one for home-brewing though, and you need to know what you’re doing.

@meanmistermustard I agree with the health and safety aspects, but with everybody crammed on the roof – and more joining all the time, we’re going to have to take some precautions to prevent falling Biblers whatever. I would suggest we fit a catch-net around the edges of the roof (which could also act as a communal hammock).

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Starr Shine?

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

24 April 2014
11.04pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
6866sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just listened to US Rubber Soul and Girl – reminded me of someone!

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

24 April 2014
11.21pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
6867sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

I’m so vain, I’ll take that to mean me…even if you didn’t. a-hard-days-night-george-4heart

24 April 2014
11.30pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6868sp_Permalink sp_Print

Alcohol combined with a communal hammock. Uh,

25 April 2014
12.09am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
6869sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

trcanberra said

I’m so vain, I’ll take that to mean me…even if you didn’t. a-hard-days-night-george-4heart

Ha ha – got me!!

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Ahhh Girl

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

25 April 2014
12.13am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
6870sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wait on the roof top what should we do if it rains or snows?

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

25 April 2014
12.27am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6871sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

@Ahhh Girl No! No! No! Naughty AG! Remember, there’s a police station just down the road, and it only took them around 40 minutes to get to the rooftop in 1969! What could possibly be done in a hammock in 40 minutes? Don’t answer that!

Weird to end your comment with a comma!

Another weird thing noticed, logged out it gave the time of your post as 11:30pm, but logged in it changes to 12:30am. Looking at it, seems all the post times differ by an hour when logged in or out!

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

25 April 2014
12.30am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6872sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Starr Shine? said

Well, we know the weather, it’s January 1969. Catch-net and canopy methinks!

25 April 2014
12.35am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
6873sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said

Ahhh Girl said

@Ahhh Girl No! No! No! Naughty AG! Remember, there’s a police station just down the road, and it only took them around 40 minutes to get to the rooftop in 1969! What could possibly be done in a hammock in 40 minutes? Don’t answer that!

Another weird thing noticed, logged out it gave the time of your post as 11:30pm, but logged in it changes to 12:30am. Looking at it, seems all the post times differ by an hour when logged in or out!

That’s probably because you have your time zone set to somewhere other than London time (which I believe is the forum time). For me, if I’m logged in, it says you posted this at 8:27, but if I wasn’t, it should say 12:27

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

25 April 2014
12.37am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
6874sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

If we just added

PaulMic.gifImage Enlarger

youd probably be happy!

Wow, third time today I’ve used that GIF… It needs to take a break for a while  so it won’t get old (more than it already has)!

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Starr Shine?

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

25 April 2014
12.41am
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6875sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

Well when it rains… I don’t mind…

When it snows we all take a drink and jump in the communal hammock… Except so many things sound wrong with that idea, so ill just stay up in the snow!

Ahhh Girl

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

25 April 2014
12.48am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6876sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mr. Kite said

Ahhh Girl said

If we just added

youd probably be happy!

Wow, third time today I’ve used that GIF… It needs to take a break for a while  so it won’t get old (more than it already has)!

So, you will be one of the kind souls that allows me onto the rooftop so that I’m not shut into the mod office 27/7/365? Thank you @Mr. Kite!
…or perhaps Paul would like the quietness of the office better? a-hard-days-night-paul-7

25 April 2014
12.51am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6877sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said

Somethings may be better left unsaid. Yeah.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Mr. Kite
25 April 2014
12.51am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6878sp_Permalink sp_Print

@IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ron Nasty said

That’s probably because you have your time zone set to somewhere other than London time (which I believe is the forum time). For me, if I’m logged in, it says you posted this at 8:27, but if I wasn’t, it should say 12:27

I am in London. The site is no longer London time but is now UTC (Universal Time Code). Joe commented on the change in another place a few weeks back when trying to sort the “Birthday ” lag. So I know why, it’s just the first time I’ve noticed it. We (the UK) switched from GMT to BST (+1 hour) a few weeks ago. So it seems UTC is similar to GMT, but different enough to change the times.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo, Starr Shine?, Mr. Kite

25 April 2014
1.05am
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6879sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Mr. Kite said

Ahhh Girl said

If we just added

youd probably be happy!

So, you will be one of the kind souls that allows me onto the rooftop so that I’m not shut into the mod office 27/7/365? Thank you @Mr. Kite!
…or perhaps Paul would like the quietness of the office better? a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Of course I’ll let the mods out, if any of you want to be on our crowded rooftop. Paul probably would like the office better…

and while you let him in I can sneak in and see what it looks like! a-hard-days-night-john-3MWAHAHAHAHAa-hard-days-night-john-3

I bet they have the Carnival Of Light tapes in there… The extended version of Helter Skelter … A bathroom… ahdn_george_05 We have no bathroom on the rooftop, although it is better than back in Rikishish. (I’m sure I spelled that wrong.)

Ill be sure to describe COL to everyone once I emerge… If I’m not caught an sent back to the beginning!

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

25 April 2014
1.08am
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6880sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Ron Nasty said

Somethings may be better left unsaid. Yeah.

I understood, AG. a-hard-days-night-george-10

Ahhh Girl

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690