Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
19 April 2014
10.04am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

If you win the lottery and become a multi-multi-millionaire then you could share the wealth with folk here, lets say $100 for each post and only the top ten posters as the cut offa-hard-days-night-paul-7apple01

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

19 April 2014
10.38am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
6782sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

If you win the lottery and become a multi-multi-millionaire then you could share the wealth with folk here, lets say $100 for each post and only the top ten posters as the cut offa-hard-days-night-paul-7apple01

I certainly would share. Joe could quit his day job and have time to work on his information pages like he wants to (adding to them and creating new ones). I hope you and the other active top posters would come live on the island and help run the museum. I’d have enough money for us all to live on comfortably. We can make the BB house (or complex of houses) big enough for each of us to have our own private space to get away from it all – I remember that request from the BB house thread. But, even if you declined that offer, I wouldn’t be able to refrain from sharing some of the wealth with you.

Oh, lord, I just had a thought. If *certain folks*, like some of recent memory, would make lots of posts just to get to a virtual rooftop or to try to get to top poster status, I wonder what they would do if cash-for-posts were implemented!?!? paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartney No, that ain’t happening. I’d have to figure out another scheme for sharing.

19 April 2014
11.45am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
6783sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

I’d have to figure out another scheme for sharing.

Alphabetically, working backward. a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Ahhh Girl, IveJustSeenAFaceo, Mr. Kite

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

19 April 2014
5.29pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Zig said

Ahhh Girl said

Then folk will just change their display names and we will just get lots of people called ZooGang1973. I’d become zzzzzzzzzzzzz99 within a heartbeat.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Starr Shine?, Mr. Kite

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

19 April 2014
5.55pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

meanmistermustard said

Zig said

Ahhh Girl said

Then folk will just change their display names and we will just get lots of people called ZooGang1973. I’d become zzzzzzzzzzzzz99 within a heartbeat.

You wouldn’t be thinking of doing that yourself, now would you? I better get to doing screen captures of names as they exist now. Only existing members get in on the first tier payments.

All new members would have to be personally vetted by me to enter any cash rewards program.a-hard-days-night-george-10

19 April 2014
6.07pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
6786sp_Permalink sp_Print

So what are we talking about here? 

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

Starr Shine?

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

19 April 2014
6.10pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6787sp_Permalink sp_Print

AG winning the lottery and how folk (and who) here benefit financially from her windfall.

19 April 2014
6.27pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6788sp_Permalink sp_Print

I see what you’ve done Faceo – or should I say ZFaceo? LOL :lol:

19 April 2014
7.41pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
6789sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

Ahhh Girl said

I say alphabeticaly in the A to Z way!

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

19 April 2014
9.57pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Personally i think your username is just chance and means little but the top posters a) have put the effort in, b) been here for a good while so are loyal to the forum and supporting Joe & c) it should be a scale on the % towards each person on that TP ladder getting higher for each person, the top person naturally deserving more.

That seems fair.

I’ve just discovered you can display your itunes catalogue by year so all my Beatles albums arearranged by year now.

tumblr_inline_mm03q1CgGf1qz4rgp.gifImage Enlarger

Ahhh Girl

19 April 2014
10.41pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6791sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh, I have my library arranged by Artist, then year. So it puts all my Beatles stuff together, then arranges chronologically. Only problem is it just puts anything made in the same year alphabetically, so Beatles For Sale  is ahead of A Hard Day’s Night Too bad you can’t put a full date in.

Nice gif.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

19 April 2014
11.03pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6792sp_Permalink sp_Print

Does anyone have an iPod classic they’d be interesting in selling? I really need one, my 32GB iPod Touch ran out of space long ago.

I don’t want to use iTunes Match, because it reportedly can screw up your music.

Anyway, if anyone has one they’d like to sell, I’d appreciate it.

20 April 2014
10.32am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6793sp_Permalink sp_Print

Never used iTunes match. I have an irrational fear that itunes will be able to see my music collection and inform the authorities.

IveJustSeenAFaceo, Mr. Kite

21 April 2014
11.17pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
6794sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Does anyone have an iPod classic they’d be interesting in selling? I really need one, my 32GB iPod Touch ran out of space long ago.

I don’t want to use iTunes Match, because it reportedly can screw up your music.

Anyway, if anyone has one they’d like to sell, I’d appreciate it.

I wish I had one. I’ve got an iPod nano which only holds 8GB. It ran out of space years ago. I’ve had it for about 5 years now and the battery is starting to be a real bitch. 

It surprises me that iPods are still so expensive. One would think the price would go down after all that iPhone success, not to mention all those apps that make free streaming of music possible, like last.fm or Spotify. I do prefer an iPod, instead of a phone though. I like to keep my things seperated. A phone is for phoning and messaging and the occasional interwebssurfing, and an iPod is for the music. It’s just getting a bit hard, as my battery runs out of energy so quickly, and I don’t really want to spend 300 euros on a thing like that, because of course, I would want the 160GB iPod Classic, otherwise there’s no point really.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo
21 April 2014
11.22pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6795sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have an 8gb iPod and dont want a bigger size. I like chopping and changing things over and it avoids getting the device filled with rubbish i’ll never listen to. 

I dont have a mobile but when i did i only had a small handful of tracks on it as i never carried it around with me. I hate an intense hatred of mobile phones.

21 April 2014
11.30pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6796sp_Permalink sp_Print

I want to have all my music though. I’d keep just my favorites on my iPod Touch, then put everything on the Classic.

21 April 2014
11.31pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
6797sp_Permalink sp_Print

On my last mobile phone I used to have like what, 5 songs or so? Never played them. I’m not too fond of mobile phones either, even though I do have a smartphone. I only got my first one about two years ago. I had this giant beast before that, you know, the kind of old Samsung phone you can smash someone’s head in with. I didn’t really know what I was missing before, but it was just time for a new phone. Now I know what I was missing, and even though Whatsapp has saved my ass a couple of times, it’s not really good for a lot. Smartphones are addictive.

I especially hate it when you’re at a concert or going out and all everyone’s doing is looking on their stupid phones.

21 April 2014
11.36pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6798sp_Permalink sp_Print

Last phone i had was a smartphone – had about 30 menus you had to trawl thru to get anywhere so i gave up with it. Any device that takes longer navigating to where you want to go to than doing the task can go to hell in my view.

Mr. Kite

22 April 2014
3.39am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
6799sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Last phone i had was a smartphone – had about 30 menus you had to trawl thru to get anywhere so i gave up with it. Any device that takes longer navigating to where you want to go to than doing the task can go to hell in my view.

Same here – I gave my Galaxy S4 phone to my son and use his old one which makes calls and sends text messages and that’s about it.  I have a 7″ tablet if I want music, games or browsing, but rarely use that nowadays.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

22 April 2014
8.58am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6800sp_Permalink sp_Print

Which Beatles songs mention alcohol or something to do with it? In I’m So Tired , John wonders if he should get up and fix himself a drink. I don’t think he meant fresh squeezed orange juice.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Mr. Kite, Starr Shine?
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690