Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
5 April 2014
9.55pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24963
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6661sp_Permalink sp_Print

So like the Doctor Who 50th special, makes sense. 

I have more programmes on catch up than i can handle, another 30 episodes would cause major issues. 

Enjoy the series tho, it must be better than Hostages (where we are 45,768,863 episodes in (or so it feels) and whilst we now know who is who and why they are involved the story has not moved on and they could have done all that in 2 episodes and made it far less of a struggle – i just want it over witha-hard-days-night-paul-3 ).

This week Peter must smuggle in a pen, can he do it? Dear God – GET A MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 April 2014
10.03pm
Dr Winston o Boogie
Strawberry Fields... Forever
Abbey Road
Members
Forum Posts: 104
6662sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Here’s a quiz from Sporcle where you have to recognize the Beatle clips. I got 74/75, I only missed stupid Thank You Girl , I just couldn’t remember. Stupid Thank You Girl .

I took that quiz, and I got a perfect score! I found it surprisingly tiring because the song snippets went so fast, so 74 is still an incredibly impressive score! blue-meanie It’s Blue Meanie approved! 

I don't expect you... to understand after you've caused so much pain. But then again, you're just a human... a victim of the insane.

5 April 2014
11.57pm
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932
6663sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

I’ve never seen it, sorry. I honestly know nothing about and didnt even know it existed until a few months back when someone mentioned it in another forum. Having missed the first three seasons i have zero intention to go back and catch up or just jump in.

And why are Sky premièring the season 4 opener at 2am on Sunday night? Are the US screening it just a few hours before?

2am Monday morning UK time = 9pm Sunday night east coast usa time.

If you have a legitimate hbo account, you should be able to watch all the episodes streaming at hbogo.com

It’s a fantasy series, I think 4 books (which are probably better than the series).  But the series is really well done.  It’s a medieval-times type of thing.

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

6 April 2014
12.02am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6664sp_Permalink sp_Print

All 3 seasons are available to watch via sky’s on demand service – no idea when that ends. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 April 2014
6.27pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
6665sp_Permalink sp_Print

Took that 75 song snippet quiz too, and at first I couldn’t really place All I’ve Got To Do , but got it in the end because I still had like 6 minutes left. Also, I confused Little Child with I’ll Get You , since I don’t ever listen to those two. When I found out it wasn’t I’ll Get You , I knew it should be the other one. In the end, the only song I missed was Misery .

Some of them are pretty hard to place and I had to sing a bit further before I realized which songs they were. It was a nice way to pass the time though.

6 April 2014
11.39pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
6666sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Took that 75 song snippet quiz too, and at first I couldn’t really place All I’ve Got To Do , but got it in the end because I still had like 6 minutes left. Also, I confused Little Child with I’ll Get You , since I don’t ever listen to those two. When I found out it wasn’t I’ll Get You , I knew it should be the other one. In the end, the only song I missed was Misery .

Some of them are pretty hard to place and I had to sing a bit further before I realized which songs they were. It was a nice way to pass the time though.

Same here. I knew the tune, so if I could get to the chorus, I’d sing the title eventually.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

7 April 2014
1.47pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105

I found a AI online that try’s to simulate John Lennon

http://triumphpc.com/johnlennon/

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

7 April 2014
4.11pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
6668sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Thats pretty creepy… I was going to try and interview it and post it, but it just spews random quotes.

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

7 April 2014
4.15pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
6669sp_Permalink sp_Print

Let’s hope they don’t ever get an improved version of that together with the clone made from John’s tooth. paul-mccartneyblue-meanie

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Mr. Kite, Starr Shine?
7 April 2014
4.19pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6670sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Let’s hope they don’t ever get an improved version of that together with the clone made from John’s tooth. paul-mccartneyblue-meanie

The tooth clone is what I was thinking about when I read that!

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Ahhh Girl

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

7 April 2014
7.08pm
Dr Winston o Boogie
Strawberry Fields... Forever
Abbey Road
Members
Forum Posts: 104
6671sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mr. Kite said

Ahhh Girl said

The tooth clone is what I was thinking about when I read that!

It would be so cool to clone John! But it just wouldn’t feel right.a-hard-days-night-john-1

I don't expect you... to understand after you've caused so much pain. But then again, you're just a human... a victim of the insane.

7 April 2014
7.19pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

If you want to know more about the tooth cloning thing, here’s the discussion.

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..th/page-3/

Here’s a news story from parlance about it.

8 April 2014
1.19am
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6673sp_Permalink sp_Print

This topic is now a discussion about the merits of double-tracking in the studio!

(Did I derail it?)

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

8 April 2014
1.23am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
6674sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mr. Kite said
This topic is now a discussion about the merits of double-tracking in the studio!

(Did I derail it?)

Hi – and nice try – but I don’t think it’s possible.

Though I will try to.

Anyone know a good Beatles dating service – you know – something like – “Newly separated male video-game loving Beatles maniac in mid 50s looking for female soul-mate to share music & games collections for good times”?

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Matt Busby

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

8 April 2014
1.29am
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6675sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

Mr. Kite said

(Did I derail it?)

Though I will try to.

Anyone know a good Beatles dating service – you know – something like – “Newly separated male video-game loving Beatles maniac in mid 50s looking for female soul-mate to share music & games collections for good times”?

Haha… Well your profile is ready… Hmm there’s a dating site for everything… Try beatlesmingle.com or maybe fab4love.com… Here’s a good one I’ve heard about beatlesbible.com/forum

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Starr Shine?

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

8 April 2014
1.47am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Mr. Kite said

trcanberra said

Mr. Kite said

(Did I derail it?)

Though I will try to.

Haha… Well your profile is ready… Hmm there’s a dating site for everything… Try beatlesmingle.com or maybe fab4love.com… Here’s a good one I’ve heard about beatlesbible.com/forum

Somewhere buried in a thread on the forum is a story of two people who met on the forum and got married. I read it once months ago.

EDIT: found it.

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..les-bible/

8 April 2014
1.49am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6677sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

Mr. Kite said

(Did I derail it?)

Though I will try to.

If you dont mind a 10-year or so age gap Susanna Reid has recently separated from her parter. 

On a more serious note i’m sorry to hear you and your partner have separated, can’t be easy, all the best on that frontapple01

8 April 2014
1.53am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064

^^  awesome story that!

^ at least she isn’t into non-Christian music, so no worries on custody of the collection :)

[EDIT] Umm, custody of the kids?  Wait ’til I get the important stuff sorted ……..

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Mr. Kite, Ahhh Girl

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

8 April 2014
2.14am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842

That John thing reminds me of Cleverbot. Egreog Evoli had a pretty hilarious conversation with Cleverbot. I forget which thread it was in.

Oh, and sorry to hear you’re separated, tr. Hope it all works out eventually.

NOTE ADDED 8 April 2014 by Ahhh Girl

The Cleverbot conversation has been moved here:

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..ot-thread/

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

8 April 2014
2.16am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
6680sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

That John thing reminds me of Cleverbot. Egreog Evoli had a pretty hilarious conversation with Cleverbot. I forget which thread it was in.

Oh, and sorry to hear you’re separated, tr. Hope it all works out eventually.

This one?

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..13/#p65303

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24963, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694