The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 332 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
2 April 2014
9.48pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10052

I got your sarcasm MR. K., no one really thinks 1D are better, they say they are but they know down inside they are not. apple01

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
2 April 2014
9.51pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

They can't really be taken seriously. They don't write their own songs or play their instruments. They're really a vocal group.

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
2 April 2014
9.57pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3967

meanmistermustard said
I got your sarcasm MR. K., no one really thinks 1D are better, they say they are but they know down inside they are not. apple01

Just making sure because music is the only area where I care what other people think I think.

If anyone honesty feels that way they must have very bad musical taste and/or never have heard the Beatles.

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
They can't really be taken seriously. They don't write their own songs or play their instruments. They're really a vocal group.

Aren't they just a vocal group? I mean I didn't think they claimed to be anything else.

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love! If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
2 April 2014
9.58pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4464

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

They're a boy band nothing more and a whole lot less than other boybands

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help
2 April 2014
10.02pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

Yeah, but my point is they can't come anywhere near The Beatles, or even bands below the Beatles (which is all of them)

My point is also that they're not really a "band"

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
3 April 2014
2.06pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2123

Please don't pollute this thread with that pathetic excuse of a ''band''.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Annadog40, Mr. Kite, Hey Jude !
3 April 2014
3.06pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4464

I just realized that Humpty dumpty rhyme never said that He is an egg a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help
3 April 2014
3.20pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2123

^

I only found out recently, when I read an article on some website about strange facts. I love weird facts.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Annadog40
3 April 2014
9.25pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5317

@Zig and @meanmistermustard How are your dogs doing?

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Mr. Kite, Annadog40, IveJustSeenAFaceo
3 April 2014
10.57pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3967

I couldn't think of any other place to put this, but I was playing Norwegian Wood on guitar a few days ago and my friend liked it so he got the song and it's his new favorite!

I'm gonna give him copies of the Red and Blue albums on CD with a CD that has my favorite songs on it that aren't on the best of's (including of course the whole Abbey Road medley!) I think he's really gonna like the Beatles, hopefully I can convince him to join the forum eventually.

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, Matt Busby

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love! If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
4 April 2014
1.46am
Ahhh Girl

Mr. Kite said
I couldn't think of any other place to put this, but I was playing Norwegian Wood on guitar a few days ago and my friend liked it so he got the song and it's his new favorite!

I'm gonna give him copies of the Red and Blue albums on CD with a CD that has my favorite songs on it that aren't on the best of's (including of course the whole Abbey Road medley!) I think he's really gonna like the Beatles, hopefully I can convince him to join the forum eventually.

Hopefully, you will be successful and can tell us about it on the nice new thread you created.

Annadog40, Mr. Kite
4 April 2014
2.37am
Ahhh Girl

While listening to A Day In The Life yesterday, I thought to myself "The Beatles have been derailing their own threads (songs) since before many of us were born". Then I thought about the Abbey Road medley.

What was their first song that was a combination of two completely different songs (or song fragments)?

Mr. Kite
4 April 2014
2.48am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

We Can Work It Out springs to mind first, but there was probably something before that.

4 April 2014
3.03am
Necko
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 898

Ahhh Girl said
While listening to A Day In The Life yesterday, I thought to myself "The Beatles have been derailing their own threads (songs) since before many of us were born". Then I thought about the Abbey Road medley.

What was their first song that was a combination of two completely different songs (or song fragments)?

The earliest that I can think of off the top of my head is Girl, but I doubt that that's the earliest.  (EDIT: ...and while I was typing this post out, Faceo mentioned one that is earlier.  I'll just leave the rest of the post as is.)

From the Beatles Bible article on Girl:

"Part of the music was actually written by McCartney while on a Greek holiday in September 1963.

'In the song Girl that John wrote, there's a Zorba-like thing at the end that I wrote which came from that holiday. I was very impressed with another culture's approach because it was slightly different from what we did. We just did it on acoustic guitars instead of bouzoukis.'
Paul McCartney
Many Years From Now, Barry Miles"

Also, if you define "combine two song fragments" more loosely and include when lyrics were completely rewritten or when new lyrics were written to an older piece of music, then Michelle, Drive My Car, and In My Life count.
I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.
4 April 2014
3.13am
Necko
Rishikesh

I've been looking at this lately and dreaming.  It's pretty cool.  It's a guitar from 1898 in excellent shape.

Ultra Rare 1898 Martin 1-34

I don't have $30,000 to spare, though.

4 April 2014
3.16am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

I'll give you a loan. I'll just be needing your bank account information and social security number, if it's not to much trouble.

mmm, you can have one too since you're top poster now.

4 April 2014
6.47am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 504

That's a hella sweet guitar (and I'm just a player wannabe).

Half of what I say is meaningless...

"She said...And it's making me feel like my trousers are torn"

Help keep BeatlesBible alive! Use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes
4 April 2014
7.03am
Necko
Rishikesh

I've been playing for eleven years, though I haven't been taking lessons for the past four of those years. I'm not as good as I should be, though, because I rarely practiced when I took lessons. The funny thing is that I practice a lot more often now that I'm not taking lessons. 

4 April 2014
10.14am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4292

Ahhh Girl said
@Zig and @meanmistermustard How are your dogs doing?

Our Lily is doing great, thank you for asking @Ahhh Girl. 

I am hoping for the best for @meanmistermustard 's pooch.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Annadog40, Ahhh Girl

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

4 April 2014
12.21pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1083

Necko said
I've been playing for eleven years, though I haven't been taking lessons for the past four of those years. I'm not as good as I should be, though, because I rarely practiced when I took lessons. The funny thing is that I practice a lot more often now that I'm not taking lessons. 

Probably for the better. When you're taking lessons, it's almost as if you're forced to play it. But on your own, it comes more naturally and you develop your own style. (At least that's what I've been told, having never been a musician myself...)

"Daddy, just remember... Mommy's smarter than you. She said so."- My 4 year old
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Zig, meanmistermustard, Ahhh Girl, Annadog40
74 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10052

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5327

Ahhh Girl: 5317