The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 330 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
28 March 2014
4.45pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2168

AppleScruffJunior said

Mr. Kite said

AppleScruffJunior said
^ Nope I mentioned it on the last page(?), it's an open project you can do it on whatever the hell you want. Just he's being a narrow-minded prick

If its an open project and it was well done and researched... Then narrow minded prick is the correct term!

Believe me it was, took 10+ hours to do it

That's ridiculous! Can't he go to someone who's above said teacher and explain the situation? 

Edit: Was too slow, was trying to say the same as Ron Nasty, but he phrased it better.

28 March 2014
4.54pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2947

Linde said
What a stupid week. My contract at Lidl will not be extended and I screwed up my second chance of my law exam at school. You had to get 70% right and I had 65.5% Only 6 out of the 80 people who took it passed it. So we complained a bit.

And I was feeling a bit adventurous just now. I got an email about a studytrip to Finland somewhere next year. It's a week long and you get the chance to work with children and families who are in trouble. I was intrigued and so I signed up. I know absolutely nothing about Finland, but it should be fun. I hope they'll pick me as a candidate.

That trip sounds great. I've been looking at doing something like that myself, but I have no idea where to start. Also, I haven't got much money to spend. I taught English at a camp in Spain a few summers ago, and that was good. I'd like to do something like that again.

Fingers crossed for you, I hope you get picked.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

28 March 2014
4.58pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4273

fabfouremily said

Linde said
What a stupid week. My contract at Lidl will not be extended and I screwed up my second chance of my law exam at school. You had to get 70% right and I had 65.5% Only 6 out of the 80 people who took it passed it. So we complained a bit.

And I was feeling a bit adventurous just now. I got an email about a studytrip to Finland somewhere next year. It's a week long and you get the chance to work with children and families who are in trouble. I was intrigued and so I signed up. I know absolutely nothing about Finland, but it should be fun. I hope they'll pick me as a candidate.

That trip sounds great. I've been looking at doing something like that myself, but I have no idea where to start. Also, I haven't got much money to spend. I taught English at a camp in Spain a few summers ago, and that was good. I'd like to do something like that again.

Good luck @Linde!

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love! If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
28 March 2014
5.01pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4709

Mr. Kite said

fabfouremily said

Linde said

Good luck @Linde!

Hope you win the place Linde traveling is super cool

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help
28 March 2014
8.13pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

I have to write an essay on some form of topic (there's suggested ones, but they're not the only ones we can use). I'd like to tie it to music somehow, but I can't think of how to. It can't be super general (for example, my friend wanted to do the history of baseball, but it was to general, a recommendation from the teacher was for something like the history of the little league world series). 

So I thought about doing something specifically on one band, but that isn't that fun, I like to talk about a bunch of bands. I'm thinking maybe the history of the concept album? Something like that. Any other ideas?

EDIT: WOW, when I started typing this, the last response was Mr.Kite's first one under ASJ's rant. That's like 7 posts in 5 minutes.

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
28 March 2014
8.26pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4534

wetsroosa said

Linde said
GREETINGS YER LITTLE EARTHLINGS.

I haven't been on here for nearly a week and I absolutely don't feel like reading everything back, but from other threads I noticed a lot has happened the past week. Can someone give me an update?

I convinced the fifth dentist to change his mind so now they ALL recommend Trident.

Now, THAT's funny!

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Mr. Kite

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

28 March 2014
8.37pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3209

@IveJustSeenAFaceo How about "The influence of the 'British Invasion' on American music"? You could take in most important '60s artists with that.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo
"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
28 March 2014
8.39pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

That gives me a separate idea, on the history of american rock. 'Cause really, Britain's kills everyone in terms of musical talent. My top 5 bands ever are 4/5 British, with Nirvana being the only Americans.

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
28 March 2014
9.19pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1834

Ron Nasty said

@AppleScruffJunior said
I wouldn't be so pissed off if I hadn't got a reply off a history teacher that I know of saying on The Beatles affects on music and society: "there's nothing wrong with your brother's topic...many people do projects like it. The teacher is wrong".

Isn't there someone above your brother's teacher, a head of history or something, that your brother could complain to about the teacher's blinkered view about what is and isn't history?

Nope, there's only 2 (?) Leaving Cert history teachers in the school. 

The sad thing is, he is a very good history teacher. I had him for my Junior Cert and he really made me interested in history (it was my favourite subject). He's always had a subtle dislike of me for some reason (I never caused him any bother...that I know of a-hard-days-night-paul-4). So 2 perfectly fine essays later (that he thought were irrelevant and "not history", my brother is forced to do another topic that suits his teacher's opinion of what history "is"- non Beatles related because as we all know all The Beatles were a stupid band with an idiotic haircut that wrote stupid lyrics about wanting to hold girls hands. 

If anybody wants to see the essay my brother wrote out, I'll happily send it through PM if anyone requests. I just don't want my brother's hardwork plastered on the internet for everyone to see (and possibly steal)

Some people just make me want to scream a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
29 March 2014
12.38am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4273

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
That gives me a separate idea, on the history of american rock. 'Cause really, Britain's kills everyone in terms of musical talent. My top 5 bands ever are 4/5 British, with Nirvana being the only Americans.

I was thinking about making a topic about that earlier! Probably gonna go do that...

And @AppleScruffJunior it was two essays? And the teacher didn't say anything after the first one?

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love! If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
29 March 2014
10.51am
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

I came across this and thought how heartwarming it was. I take things for granted sometimes.

http://www.theguardian.com/wor.....time-video

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

29 March 2014
11.10am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 516

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
I have to write an essay on some form of topic (there's suggested ones, but they're not the only ones we can use). I'd like to tie it to music somehow, but I can't think of how to. It can't be super general (for example, my friend wanted to do the history of baseball, but it was to general, a recommendation from the teacher was for something like the history of the little league world series). 

So I thought about doing something specifically on one band, but that isn't that fun, I like to talk about a bunch of bands. I'm thinking maybe the history of the concept album? Something like that. Any other ideas?

EDIT: WOW, when I started typing this, the last response was Mr.Kite's first one under ASJ's rant. That's like 7 posts in 5 minutes.

In the states there is generally a "Dean" of each subject, or at least each college (we have multiple colleges in a university).  There is also a Dean of Studies, Dean of Academic Affairs, etc.  So surely there's someone you can go to.

As far as topic, I'd steer clear of modern music.  He might accept something on Mozart thoush *sigh*

Half of what I say is meaningless...

And it's making me feel like my trousers are torn

Help keep BeatlesBible alive! Use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes
29 March 2014
11.50am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1834

Mr. Kite said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

I was thinking about making a topic about that earlier! Probably gonna go do that...

And @AppleScruffJunior it was two essays? And the teacher didn't say anything after the first one?

He wrote about their concerts in Ireland in November 1963 but the goon wanted more information on the effects The Beatles had on Ireland, apart from fashion there is really no "historical evidence" of what they did to Ireland it would be much easier to write about what effect they had on America.

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
29 March 2014
9.27pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10351

British Summer Time kicks in in a few hours time. Winter is almost over and it will get dark later in the dayheartheart

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
29 March 2014
9.28pm
Annadog40
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said
British Summer Time kicks in in a few hours time. Winter is almost over and it will get dark later in the dayheartheart

Is that like daylight savings time in the US?

If you can't log in or can't access the forum, then head over to the unofficial back up forum and someone will help
29 March 2014
9.48pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10351

Annadog40 said

meanmistermustard said

Is that like daylight savings time in the US?

Yip

Link

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
31 March 2014
4.32pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Aside from keeping it in a bowl of icy water, what can you do when you've poured hot water, straight from the kettle, right over your hand? I need to use it.

31 March 2014
4.39pm
Annadog40
Apple rooftop

fabfouremily said
Aside from keeping it in a bowl of icy water, what can you do when you've poured hot water, straight from the kettle, right over your hand? I need to use it.

If it has a burn on it use Aloe vera to help and for the pain ibuprofen can help

The following people thank Annadog40 for this post:

fabfouremily

31 March 2014
7.59pm
vonbontee
Inside a Letterbox
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2246

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Hah, you're sure to get some major disagreement from me as far as that goes! :)

I just want to play. I’d like to think I could work opposite Sinatra, B.B. King, the Beatles, or a polka band... - Jazz musician Rahsaan Roland Kirk, 1967
31 March 2014
8.02pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Well, it's always going to be a very subjective matter, isn't it?

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, TrippyFlower
67 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
5 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10350

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5491

parlance: 5474

Annadog40: 4709

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4534

Mr. Kite: 4273

Ron Nasty: 3209

fabfouremily: 2947

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2684

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3148

Newest Members: Rocky You're a Blackbird, Johnlovedcats, Alex, Aimo Kankkunen, henrysorren

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5491, meanmistermustard: 10350, Zig: 4534, Joe: 3491

Administrators: Joe: 3491, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: Mimi
Upcoming: Beatles4ever, Bulldog