The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 330 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
No permission to create posts
28 March 2014
8.13pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2847
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
28 March 2014
9.19pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3475

Ron Nasty said

@AppleScruffJunior said
I wouldn't be so pissed off if I hadn't got a reply off a history teacher that I know of saying on The Beatles affects on music and society: "there's nothing wrong with your brother's topic...many people do projects like it. The teacher is wrong".

Isn't there someone above your brother's teacher, a head of history or something, that your brother could complain to about the teacher's blinkered view about what is and isn't history?

Nope, there's only 2 (?) Leaving Cert history teachers in the school. 

The sad thing is, he is a very good history teacher. I had him for my Junior Cert and he really made me interested in history (it was my favourite subject). He's always had a subtle dislike of me for some reason (I never caused him any bother...that I know of a-hard-days-night-paul-4). So 2 perfectly fine essays later (that he thought were irrelevant and "not history", my brother is forced to do another topic that suits his teacher's opinion of what history "is"- non Beatles related because as we all know all The Beatles were a stupid band with an idiotic haircut that wrote stupid lyrics about wanting to hold girls hands. 

If anybody wants to see the essay my brother wrote out, I'll happily send it through PM if anyone requests. I just don't want my brother's hardwork plastered on the internet for everyone to see (and possibly steal)

Some people just make me want to scream a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!                  *** Make Love, Not Wardrobes!                 *** "Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison
29 March 2014
10.51am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2971
6588sp_Permalink

I came across this and thought how heartwarming it was. I take things for granted sometimes.

http://www.theguardian.com/wor.....time-video

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

29 March 2014
11.10am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 901

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
I have to write an essay on some form of topic (there's suggested ones, but they're not the only ones we can use). I'd like to tie it to music somehow, but I can't think of how to. It can't be super general (for example, my friend wanted to do the history of baseball, but it was to general, a recommendation from the teacher was for something like the history of the little league world series). 

So I thought about doing something specifically on one band, but that isn't that fun, I like to talk about a bunch of bands. I'm thinking maybe the history of the concept album? Something like that. Any other ideas?

EDIT: WOW, when I started typing this, the last response was Mr.Kite's first one under ASJ's rant. That's like 7 posts in 5 minutes.

In the states there is generally a "Dean" of each subject, or at least each college (we have multiple colleges in a university).  There is also a Dean of Studies, Dean of Academic Affairs, etc.  So surely there's someone you can go to.

As far as topic, I'd steer clear of modern music.  He might accept something on Mozart thoush *sigh*

Half of what I say is meaningless... I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes
29 March 2014
9.48pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17110
6593sp_Permalink
Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
31 March 2014
9.36pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 10708
6598sp_Permalink

@Oyster Black Pearl the walls of the elevator at this conference center/hotel remind me of your avatar.

1922079_10151988019405779_1163844935_n.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Mr. Kite, Annadog40
2 April 2014
2.57am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 901
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597