The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 329 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
26 March 2014
8.48pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3293

wetsroosa said

Mr. Kite said

Necko said

Annadog40 said
The show is running on fumes only launching a special like once every 3 months or something. I gave up on the show a little bit after the movie.

Apparently they're doing another movie next year. 

People don't know how to kill these things when they're done. But if there's money involved they keep milking it

Supposedly, Tom Kenny (the voice of SpongeBob) has hinted of moving on from the show when his current contract is up. Don't know when that runs out, but it'd be interesting to see if they tried to cast another voice actor as SpongeBob when (and if) Kenny leaves.

As for not killing things when they're done, couldn't that apply to Sam and Cat? Was it necessary to keep those characters going after their first shows ended?

Never seen that show except passing by the channel a few times, and I don't think it was necessary to even have their original shows go on as long as they did.

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love! If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
26 March 2014
8.51pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop

Zig said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Thanks for allowing me to have a little fun with you today. I needed the laughs after recent events. You are both great sports…well, at least one of you is.

apple01heartstuart-sutcliffe

(it's me, Anna) And I'm glad we can brighten your day @Zig, sometimes it's more than needed.

Can buy Joe love! If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes
26 March 2014
9.21pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4548

I just finished teaching library research skills to a section of American Popular Music. I used the Beatles as my topic. We searched for them in Films on Demand, Cambridge Histories online, the library catalog (by author and subject), and in the Academic Search Premier (Ebsco) database. They got a side of Beatles education along with their research skills lessons…or was it the other way around? The prof and the students were all very animated. A good time was had by all.

@Into the Sky with Diamonds The title I used to show them title searching in the catalog was Into the Sky with Diamonds.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Mr. Kite, Annadog40, IveJustSeenAFaceo, Matt Busby
27 March 2014
9.27pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4548

WorldCat lists 86 dissertations and theses that have "Beatles" as a subject heading.

That's one way carry out the motto of whistle while you work.

28 March 2014
12.13pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

Two BIZZARE things in the forum this morning.

a) There were ZERO Heal/Hurt games in the New/Recently Updated list! Unheard of!!

b) This thread slipped to the second page of "All Together Now"!

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

Mr. Kite
(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
28 March 2014
12.18pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1942

GREETINGS YER LITTLE EARTHLINGS.

I haven't been on here for nearly a week and I absolutely don't feel like reading everything back, but from other threads I noticed a lot has happened the past week. Can someone give me an update?

28 March 2014
12.20pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

Linde said

I haven't been on here for nearly a week and I absolutely don't feel like reading everything back, but from other threads I noticed a lot has happened the past week. Can someone give me an update?

Mr. Kite and annadog are racing to the rooftop…

Joe added links to song titles automatically if you type them out, like so I Am The Walrus

We're going camping…

Other stuff happened, but I forget most of it.

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
28 March 2014
12.48pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 980

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Linde said

Joe added links to song titles automatically if you type them out, like so I Am The Walrus

We're going camping…

I robbed a bank, I saved Kate Upton from a house fire, I convinced the fifth dentist to change his mind so now they ALL recommend Trident… y'know, the usual… a-hard-days-night-george-10

“Oh god, not the bees! not the BEEEEEEEEEES! AHHHHHH!!!!”- Nicolas Cage
28 March 2014
12.49pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop

Linde said

@IveJustSeenAFaceo is forgetting that hes almost done with the song spreadsheets… That's something!

And Faceo, the Hurt/Heal games are much less active with the new two person rule… I probably bumped this thread back last night when I was one of the few people online and looking for threads to make a valid contribution to. A bunch must have been in all together now

28 March 2014
12.52pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop

wetsroosa said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Linde said

We're going camping…

I robbed a bank, I saved Kate Upton from a house fire, I convinced the fifth dentist to change his mind so now they ALL recommend Trident… y'know, the usual… a-hard-days-night-george-10

Thanks for your contribution to mankind! 

… The gums cool too 

28 March 2014
4.20pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1748

Warning this post contains a rant and much swearing, read with caution:

My brother's fu**ing idiot of a history teacher has refused to accept, my brother's project on "How The Beatles affected Music and Society", disregarding it as "not history". For f**k sake so the fact that they played the first stadium concert, advertised meditation and yoga to western society , were shown on the first live tv broadcast- is not history. Well if that isn't f**king history then I don't know what is. He took a glance at the 6 page project and started yelling at my brother saying "Why'd you put so much effort into doing it, when it's not a history project". Stupid dickhead is adamant on not receiving any projects on pop culture just because nobody else in any of his classes have ever done a project on it and they do the "creative and original projects" of J.F.K's assignation and the Nazis.

I wouldn't be so pissed off if I hadn't got a reply off a history teacher that I know of saying on The Beatles affects on music and society: "there's nothing wrong with your brother's topic…many people do projects like it. The teacher is wrong". Just because he knows nothing about music doesn't mean they have had no impact on anything.

If I was in my brother's class at the time, I would have ripped into him!

And the lesson today children is: Don't piss off ASJ!

Rant over

Actually one last comment on him:

Prick

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
28 March 2014
4.23pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop

@AppleScruffJunior What was the assignment? Was no pop culture specified?

28 March 2014
4.24pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3662

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8How is the Beatles not history? Does the teacher think they are from the future?

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you did that then you win!

28 March 2014
4.26pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

^ Nope I mentioned it on the last page(?), it's an open project you can do it on whatever the hell you want. Just he's being a narrow-minded prick

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
28 March 2014
4.27pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop

AppleScruffJunior said
^ Nope I mentioned it on the last page(?), it's an open project you can do it on whatever the hell you want. Just he's being a narrow-minded prick

If its an open project and it was well done and researched… Then narrow minded prick is the correct term!

28 March 2014
4.28pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

Mr. Kite said

AppleScruffJunior said

If its an open project and it was well done and researched… Then narrow minded prick is the correct term!

Believe me it was, took 10+ hours to do it

28 March 2014
4.29pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3662

Is there a way to fight this? I had a bad Art teacher and half the class got a petition to get her out.

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you did that then you win!

28 March 2014
4.30pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop

AppleScruffJunior said

Mr. Kite said

AppleScruffJunior said

Believe me it was, took 10+ hours to do it

That really sucks… There's nothing he can do? 

28 March 2014
4.41pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1942

What a stupid week. My contract at Lidl will not be extended and I screwed up my second chance of my law exam at school. You had to get 70% right and I had 65.5% Only 6 out of the 80 people who took it passed it. So we complained a bit.

And I was feeling a bit adventurous just now. I got an email about a studytrip to Finland somewhere next year. It's a week long and you get the chance to work with children and families who are in trouble. I was intrigued and so I signed up. I know absolutely nothing about Finland, but it should be fun. I hope they'll pick me as a candidate.

28 March 2014
4.45pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2973

@AppleScruffJunior said
I wouldn't be so pissed off if I hadn't got a reply off a history teacher that I know of saying on The Beatles affects on music and society: "there's nothing wrong with your brother's topic…many people do projects like it. The teacher is wrong".

Isn't there someone above your brother's teacher, a head of history or something, that your brother could complain to about the teacher's blinkered view about what is and isn't history?

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Zig, meanmistermustard, Ahhh Girl, trcanberra, Annadog40, cra, MrMoonlight, Mimi, Bulldog
84 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page: trcanberra, Annadog40
3 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9278

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 4910

mithveaen: 4651

Ahhh Girl: 4548

Zig: 3708

Annadog40: 3662

Mr. Kite: 3293

Ron Nasty: 2973

fabfouremily: 2927

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2518

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3185

Newest Members: Mariana, badbartimus, imabeatlemaniac, A Serviceable Villain, rich23

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4548), meanmistermustard (9278), Zig (3708), Joe (3405)

Administrators: Joe (3405), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: callan1967, trcanberra
Upcoming: hermajesty