Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
27 March 2014
9.27pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6561sp_Permalink sp_Print

WorldCat lists 86 dissertations and theses that have “Beatles” as a subject heading.

That’s one way carry out the motto of whistle while you work.

28 March 2014
12.13pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
6562sp_Permalink sp_Print

Two BIZZARE things in the forum this morning.

a) There were ZERO Heal/Hurt games in the New/Recently Updated list! Unheard of!!

b) This thread slipped to the second page of “All Together Now “!

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

Mr. Kite

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

28 March 2014
12.18pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
6563sp_Permalink sp_Print

GREETINGS YER LITTLE EARTHLINGS.

I haven’t been on here for nearly a week and I absolutely don’t feel like reading everything back, but from other threads I noticed a lot has happened the past week. Can someone give me an update?

28 March 2014
12.20pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
6564sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

I haven’t been on here for nearly a week and I absolutely don’t feel like reading everything back, but from other threads I noticed a lot has happened the past week. Can someone give me an update?

Mr. Kite and annadog are racing to the rooftop…

Joe added links to song titles automatically if you type them out, like so I Am The Walrus

We’re going camping…

Other stuff happened, but I forget most of it.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

28 March 2014
12.48pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Linde said

Joe added links to song titles automatically if you type them out, like so I Am The Walrus

We’re going camping…

I robbed a bank, I saved Kate Upton from a house fire, I convinced the fifth dentist to change his mind so now they ALL recommend Trident… y’know, the usual… a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank WETSRoosa for this post:

Starr Shine?

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

28 March 2014
12.49pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
6566sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

@IveJustSeenAFaceo is forgetting that hes almost done with the song spreadsheets… That’s something!

And Faceo, the Hurt/Heal games are much less active with the new two person rule… I probably bumped this thread back last night when I was one of the few people online and looking for threads to make a valid contribution to. A bunch must have been in all together now

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

28 March 2014
12.52pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6567sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Linde said

We’re going camping…

I robbed a bank, I saved Kate Upton from a house fire, I convinced the fifth dentist to change his mind so now they ALL recommend Trident… y’know, the usual… a-hard-days-night-george-10

Thanks for your contribution to mankind! 

… The gums cool too 

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

28 March 2014
4.20pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

Warning this post contains a rant and much swearing, read with caution:

My brother’s fu**ing idiot of a history teacher has refused to accept, my brother’s project on “How The Beatles affected Music and Society”, disregarding it as “not history”. For f**k sake so the fact that they played the first stadium concert, advertised meditation and yoga to western society , were shown on the first live tv broadcast- is not history. Well if that isn’t f**king history then I don’t know what is. He took a glance at the 6 page project and started yelling at my brother saying “Why’d you put so much effort into doing it, when it’s not a history project”. Stupid dickhead is adamant on not receiving any projects on pop culture just because nobody else in any of his classes have ever done a project on it and they do the “creative and original projects” of J.F.K’s assignation and the Nazis.

I wouldn’t be so pissed off if I hadn’t got a reply off a history teacher that I know of saying on The Beatles affects on music and society: “there’s nothing wrong with your brother’s topic…many people do projects like it. The teacher is wrong”. Just because he knows nothing about music doesn’t mean they have had no impact on anything.

If I was in my brother’s class at the time, I would have ripped into him!

And the lesson today children is: Don’t piss off ASJ!

Rant over

Actually one last comment on him:

Prick

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

28 March 2014
4.23pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6569sp_Permalink sp_Print

@AppleScruffJunior What was the assignment? Was no pop culture specified?

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

28 March 2014
4.24pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
6570sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8How is the Beatles not history? Does the teacher think they are from the future?

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

28 March 2014
4.26pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
6571sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Nope I mentioned it on the last page(?), it’s an open project you can do it on whatever the hell you want. Just he’s being a narrow-minded prick

28 March 2014
4.27pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6572sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
^ Nope I mentioned it on the last page(?), it’s an open project you can do it on whatever the hell you want. Just he’s being a narrow-minded prick

If its an open project and it was well done and researched… Then narrow minded prick is the correct term!

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

28 March 2014
4.28pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
6573sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mr. Kite said

AppleScruffJunior said

If its an open project and it was well done and researched… Then narrow minded prick is the correct term!

Believe me it was, took 10+ hours to do it

28 March 2014
4.29pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
6574sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is there a way to fight this? I had a bad Art teacher and half the class got a petition to get her out.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

28 March 2014
4.30pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6575sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

Mr. Kite said

AppleScruffJunior said

That really sucks… There’s nothing he can do? 

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

28 March 2014
4.41pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
6576sp_Permalink sp_Print

What a stupid week. My contract at Lidl will not be extended and I screwed up my second chance of my law exam at school. You had to get 70% right and I had 65.5% Only 6 out of the 80 people who took it passed it. So we complained a bit.

And I was feeling a bit adventurous just now. I got an email about a studytrip to Finland somewhere next year. It’s a week long and you get the chance to work with children and families who are in trouble. I was intrigued and so I signed up. I know absolutely nothing about Finland, but it should be fun. I hope they’ll pick me as a candidate.

28 March 2014
4.45pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
6577sp_Permalink sp_Print

@AppleScruffJunior said
I wouldn’t be so pissed off if I hadn’t got a reply off a history teacher that I know of saying on The Beatles affects on music and society: “there’s nothing wrong with your brother’s topic…many people do projects like it. The teacher is wrong”.

Isn’t there someone above your brother’s teacher, a head of history or something, that your brother could complain to about the teacher’s blinkered view about what is and isn’t history?

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

28 March 2014
4.45pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members

AppleScruffJunior said

Mr. Kite said

AppleScruffJunior said

That’s ridiculous! Can’t he go to someone who’s above said teacher and explain the situation? 

Edit: Was too slow, was trying to say the same as Ron Nasty, but he phrased it better.

28 March 2014
4.54pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
6579sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
What a stupid week. My contract at Lidl will not be extended and I screwed up my second chance of my law exam at school. You had to get 70% right and I had 65.5% Only 6 out of the 80 people who took it passed it. So we complained a bit.

And I was feeling a bit adventurous just now. I got an email about a studytrip to Finland somewhere next year. It’s a week long and you get the chance to work with children and families who are in trouble. I was intrigued and so I signed up. I know absolutely nothing about Finland, but it should be fun. I hope they’ll pick me as a candidate.

That trip sounds great. I’ve been looking at doing something like that myself, but I have no idea where to start. Also, I haven’t got much money to spend. I taught English at a camp in Spain a few summers ago, and that was good. I’d like to do something like that again.

Fingers crossed for you, I hope you get picked.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

28 March 2014
4.58pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6580sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

Linde said

That trip sounds great. I’ve been looking at doing something like that myself, but I have no idea where to start. Also, I haven’t got much money to spend. I taught English at a camp in Spain a few summers ago, and that was good. I’d like to do something like that again.

Fingers crossed for you, I hope you get picked.

Good luck @Linde!

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691