Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
16 March 2014
10.57am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6421sp_Permalink sp_Print

I woke up this morning (got myself a gun) to find I had 5 notifications, didn’t know I was that popular a-hard-days-night-george-10

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

17 March 2014
12.45pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5690
6422sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
They were PM’d Wednesday evening. I never did think they would be up Wednesday though. If you look at Joe’s message to me on the subject, he asked me to PM them to him, rather than post them, so that he & I could discuss them before they are posted. I’m guessing that if there’s anything he wants tweaked, I’ll hear next day or two, and if he’s happy with them as are, they’ll appear next day or two. He wants time to consider that they’re right.

@meanmistermustard @Joe 

Sorry, I didn’t get the PM. Could you email instead please?

I know, this missing PM thing is a real problem. I’m still trying to work out what’s wrong.

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

17 March 2014
1.34pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111

We just had a 4.4 earthquake in LA, our biggest since the post-Northridge quake aftershocks. Everything’s okay in my neck of the woods, though the kitten’s shaken up after her first big tremor.

It’s making me glad I’m really paranoid about bolting and velcro-ing everything down in my place.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

17 March 2014
2.45pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
6424sp_Permalink sp_Print

And now people are calling it the Shamrock Shake. ;-D

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

17 March 2014
3.36pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
6425sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not sure where to put this, so I’ll post it here http://www.theguardian.com/mus…..nd-reports Two reports dating April and June ’74, on John during his ”Lost Weekend”. I’d never heard about the second.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

17 March 2014
4.46pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
6426sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mick Jagger’s girlfriend, 49-year-old fashion designer and former model L’wren Scott, has been found hanged in her New York apartment – an apparent suicide.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

17 March 2014
5.01pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944

Ron Nasty said
Mick Jagger’s girlfriend, 49-year-old fashion designer and former model L’wren Scott, has been found hanged in her New York apartment – an apparent suicide.

Bloody hell! That’s horrible.

BBC link

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

17 March 2014
6.50pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
6428sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just heard it on the radio. Poor Mick. Apparently they had been together for 13 years.

Suicide is such a horrible thing.

17 March 2014
8.18pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
6429sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said
We just had a 4.4 earthquake in LA, our biggest since the post-Northridge quake aftershocks. Everything’s okay in my neck of the woods, though the kitten’s shaken up after her first big tremor.

It’s making me glad I’m really paranoid about bolting and velcro-ing everything down in my place.

parlance

Glad you are OK.

Shamrock Shake? Only in CA. ahdn_george_08 I’m sure I’ll get the details from my best friend who lives in Burbank.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

17 March 2014
8.36pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
6430sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
Glad you are OK.

Shamrock Shake? Only in CA. ahdn_george_08 I’m sure I’ll get the details from my best friend who lives in Burbank.

Thanks! I’m sure your friend felt it. Even the most impervious seemed to, unless they were already driving.

parlance

17 March 2014
8.42pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
6431sp_Permalink sp_Print

Speaking of Shamrock Shakes, I love Eat N Park’s mint mikshakes for the month. They’re incredible. 

Glad to hear everyone’s fine around you.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

17 March 2014
9.01pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

parlance said

Zig said
Glad you are OK.

Thanks! I’m sure your friend felt it. Even the most impervious seemed to, unless they were already driving.

parlance

We just traded emails – she did feel it. Her apartment building shook quite a bit – enough for her to grab onto something to remain upright! She works in Encino, which is very close to the epicenter of this quake. The building in which she works sustained some minor damage but nothing that would cause it to shut down. To her it was “just another day in SoCal”.

Now for something completely different….

Hope everyone is enjoying their St. Patrick’s Day, if you do enjoy this type of thing. Tonight, Lily and I will celebrate with some ale (for me, not her) and a good movie since Zag is out of town. I’m thinking Waking Ned Divine. It’s in my top 5 movies of all time.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

17 March 2014
9.09pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

Zig said

Hope everyone is enjoying their St. Patrick’s Day, if you do enjoy this type of thing. Tonight, Lily and I will celebrate with some ale (for me, not her) and a good movie since Zag is out of town. I’m thinking Waking Ned Divine. It’s in my top 5 movies of all time.

I wanted to go see ‘The Zero Theorem’ at the cinema because I’ve been in Galway for the long weekend. Checked entertainment.ie great the film was on at 3pm, went to the cinema “ahh no the film is on at 3pm tomorrow”. Feck sake, I cycled for 20 minutes to go to a film that wasn’t on, that and I almost got hit by a car but that’s a regular occurrence anyways.

Watched the crap parade in Dublin as I do every year-I always have friends walking in it.

I also twisted my ankle while out Saturday night, no high heels for me…I was pushed I tell ye a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-paul-10

That and school tomorrow, yuck

17 March 2014
9.14pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Shouldn’t you watch a movie with dogs for Lily to enjoy? Beethoven, Lassie, Dogs v Cats, Hound of the Baskervilles. Turner and Hooch is a great film. 

I don’t think i should have done a “dog film” google search. One came up which is not family viewing.a-hard-days-night-john-7a-hard-days-night-paul-7paul-mccartneyblue-meanie

Enjoy your night Zig.

Recover soon ASJ. Can’t you claim extreme pain from the ankle and skip school for a day?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

17 March 2014
9.23pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

^^^ Surely ‘Lady and The Tramp’ is the way to go, although poor Lily might get afraid of the Siamese cats, hell they even scare me.

meanmistermustard said 

Recover soon ASJ. Can’t you claim extreme pain from the ankle and skip school for a day?

Unfortunately not, my escapades generally result in injury- it’s kind of a given that I will be broken in some way on a Monday. That and I would have to be on death’s door for  mam to let me off school

17 March 2014
9.53pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Maybe you need to be more extreme in your injuries.

The clip below in the spoiler contains a scene of extreme violence that will make your body shiver in horror – its from the film Misery staring Kathy Bates and James Caan. Its cringing. Do not watch if you are horrified, offended, disturbed by such images. Clear?

2Q==Image Enlarger

9k=Image Enlarger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E55ni_xc4ww

17 March 2014
9.57pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

Christ look at Temple Bar- main social area in Dublin. Some people have been keeping note of what has happened since last night:

First fight 23:25

More than 3 Gardai together 23:28

A Window being broken 23:31

http://www.earthcam.com/world/…..=templebar

So many leprechaun hats!!! Load of people who don’t have to get up for work tomorrow I assume

17 March 2014
11.33pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147

Couldn’t think of any place where this would be relevant, so I’ve come here to the place where nothing is relevant! 

Just felt the need to inform you all of my higher quality avatar… It’s new, but it’s the same… GENIUS!

And @meanmistermustard I wish I could avoid seeing that, but I’ve already seen the movie… I was probably too young and I had eaten way to many chocolate covered coffee beans… Didn’t sleep that night! Haven’t seen the movie since and haven’t eaten anymore chocolate coffee beans that I remember. I haven’t even read the book and I love Stephen King, must’ve scared me more than I remember.

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

17 March 2014
11.36pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842

Mr. Kite said
Couldn’t think of any place where this would be relevant, so I’ve come here to the place where nothing is relevant! 

Just felt the need to inform you all of my higher quality avatar… It’s new, but it’s the same… GENIUS!

There’s a new avatar topic. Too lazy to find the link right now. 

Like the avatar though.

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

Mr. Kite

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

17 March 2014
11.44pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
6440sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Mr. Kite said

There’s a new avatar topic. Too lazy to find the link right now. 

Like the avatar though.

Thanks, @IveJustSeenAFaceo! If I change it again Ill look for it. But I’ve edited and responded to MMM so I’m relevant to the non relevance now…

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690