The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 321 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
15 March 2014
8.47am
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2098

I'm in a digital queue waiting to buy tickets for Pinkpop festival. The Rolling Stones and Metallica are coming, amongst others, so it's expected to sell out within minutes. Usually it's sold out after like, 2 days or so. I'm really stressed out, as I've never ordered tickets for a festival this big before. I hope I'll succeed.

15 March 2014
8.57am
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3092

Good luck, @Linde . I went to Pinkpop a couple of times when I was younger, so much younger than today... it's a great festival.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
15 March 2014
9.29am
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

Really? That's cool! 

Anyway, I managed to get tickets. What a nerve wrecking pain in the ass. But I'm sooo looking forward to it!

The following people thank Linde for this post:

parlance
15 March 2014
11.00am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1773

Ahhh Girl said
@AppleScruffJunior Do you have any celebrating tips for us for St. Patrick's day?

Phew that's a toughie

Ammm drink, wear green, drink, eat loads of food, drink, go out to the pub, drink, listen to the National Anthem while saying derogatory things about the British, drink, did I mention drink yet?

Oh and obviously your drink has to be made in Ireland; Guinness, Jameson's/Power's Whiskey, Bulmer's cider, poitín- the usual ones

This is a sign that Dublin airport have put it up purely for all the American tourists as they seem to be the one who say St. Patty's:

We also don't eat corned beef on Paddy's Day :P

*wipes tear from eye* The Soldier's Song :)

Interesting fact: St. Patrick's colour was originally blue not green

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Ahhh Girl, parlance
INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
15 March 2014
11.20am
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

Hehe, the airplane sign made me laugh.

15 March 2014
11.52am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2931

@AppleScruffJunior I danced at a St Patrick's festival a few years back (I never knew how exhausting Irish dancing could be), and there was so much drinking going on that people were more interested in the groups of drunk men arguing/attempting to throw bottles at each other than the 20 girls prancing about on stage... It was quite fun, though. The Irish certianly do enjoy a good knees-up.

@Linde I'm not a big Stones fan, but I really wouldn't mind seeing them. Just to see them. I'm glad you got tickets, have fun!

EDIT: I just realised you're going to see Robert Plant! Noo I don't want you to go now :( (could you take a pic for me?)

EDIT 2: Actually, I suppose it depends on which day you go?

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

15 March 2014
1.36pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4199

Way to go on getting your tickets, Linde. The "nerve wrecking pain in the ass" bit will be so worth it - have a great time!

This St. Patrick's Day discussion has uncovered a disturbing trend in the Zig/Zag household. This will be the fourth consecutive holiday/festive occasion during which we will be apart. Life and/or weather kept us apart at Christmas, New Years Eve, Valentine's Day and now St. Patrick's Day - she will be out-of-state on business. We have a fun day planned for Easter Sunday as we are going to Hershey Park with my sister-in-law's family.

That fickle bitch, Fate, better keep her nose out of my life!!blue-meanie

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

15 March 2014
1.58pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

fabfouremily said
@AppleScruffJunior I danced at a St Patrick's festival a few years back (I never knew how exhausting Irish dancing could be), and there was so much drinking going on that people were more interested in the groups of drunk men arguing/attempting to throw bottles at each other than the 20 girls prancing about on stage... It was quite fun, though. The Irish certianly do enjoy a good knees-up.

@Linde I'm not a big Stones fan, but I really wouldn't mind seeing them. Just to see them. I'm glad you got tickets, have fun!

EDIT: I just realised you're going to see Robert Plant! Noo I don't want you to go now :( (could you take a pic for me?)

That's actually how my mom met my dad. She was dancing at an Irish Pub, and he was playing in the band (he actually had a locally moderately successful Irish band for a few years). And the rest is history...

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
15 March 2014
3.11pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5193

Old article, but it was posted at an FB page I follow... the happiest place in Britain is Harrogate. I wonder if that drove up tourism there.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

15 March 2014
3.33pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4199

parlance said
Old article, but it was posted at an FB page I follow... the happiest place in Britain is Harrogate. I wonder if that drove up tourism there.

parlance

I read the news today, oh boy. 

40,000 homeowners in Harrogate.

And though the number's rather small,

Now they know how many folks it takes to win the Rightmove poll.

a-hard-days-night-john-1

Joe - couldn't help noticing Bath made the "happy" list.ahdn_george_08

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

15 March 2014
5.22pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9876

@Ron Nasty @Joe  Whats happening with the Hurt/Heal rules. I thought they were they were getting put together for last Wednesday.

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
15 March 2014
5.48pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3092

They were PM'd Wednesday evening. I never did think they would be up Wednesday though. If you look at Joe's message to me on the subject, he asked me to PM them to him, rather than post them, so that he & I could discuss them before they are posted. I'm guessing that if there's anything he wants tweaked, I'll hear next day or two, and if he's happy with them as are, they'll appear next day or two. He wants time to consider that they're right.

@meanmistermustard @Joe 

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Ahhh Girl, IveJustSeenAFaceo
"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
15 March 2014
6.17pm
meanmistermustard

Ok. Thanks. @Ron Nasty 

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
15 March 2014
6.23pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

fabfouremily said

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan either, but I love some of their songs and just the idea of seeing them is so cool.

Sure I can, but I don't know if I'll watch his band yet. And I'm going all three days. So looking forward to see the Stones, Metallica, Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire, Ed Sheeran, John Mayer, Jake Bugg, Editors, the Kooks and there are many more. These are the ones I definitely want to see though.

I'm very excited, haven't been to a huge festival like this yet. Dauwpop was pretty small considered to Pinkpop. Weekendtickets (for all three days) and Saturdaytickets (The Stones are performing on Saturday) were sold out within half an hour. I saw a lot of disappointed facebookstatuses.

Oh, and I've ordered Beatles vans. I went with the slip ons. My sister bought them too and they're gorgeous. Today was pretty good.

15 March 2014
8.50pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2931

Ah, okay. Well enjoy yourself - I'm sure you will :)

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

15 March 2014
10.12pm
meanmistermustard

I have no idea how to phrase this nicely so forgive me if this is put forward incorrectly but we currently have as members Ahhhgirl, Ahgirl and Ahhh Girl. That's going to cause confusion to the best and worst of us if all are posting (which will hopefully happen) so can all three agree on some nice strategy to sort this out please. Thank you.heart

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Annadog40, Ahhh Girl
15 March 2014
11.12pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5135

I have made a post for florriecole who posted with the name Ahhhgirl in the favorite song on Rubber Soul thread. Will work figuring out Ahgirl next. Will edit this post with any developments.

I didn't find Ahgirl in the members list. Nothing comes up when I @ that name. Where did Ahgirl post?

@Annadog40

@meanmistermustard 

anyone?

15 March 2014
11.18pm
meanmistermustard

You could all get together and form a girl band!

15 March 2014
11.30pm
Annadog40
I am here you are here we are here and we are all together
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4292

Ahhh Girl said
I have made a post for florriecole who posted with the name Ahhhgirl in the favorite song on Rubber Soul thread. Will work figuring out Ahgirl next. Will edit this post with any developments.

I didn't find Ahgirl in the members list. Nothing comes up when I @ that name. Where did Ahgirl post?

anyone?

On the bottom of new members it says Ahgirl but when you click it turns into Ahhhgirl so they are both one maybe

The following people thank Annadog40 for this post:

Ahhh Girl

Never say never, cause it's never 'never'

If you are like a new thingy than introduction your self in the into place here

If you did that then you win!

15 March 2014
11.37pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5135

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Thanks @Annadog40 

I'm not seeing the new members while I'm on the forum using my phone.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Joe, meanmistermustard, Father McCartney, Ahhh Girl
41 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9875

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5193

Ahhh Girl: 5135

mithveaen: 4651